Discussion What are you currently playing? (Week 31 of 2023)

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
New week, new thread! What are you playing?

Continuing Tales of Vesperia. Just got past my favorite moment in Act 2 death of Don. Really highlighted the story theme of the game.

Also started Days Gone, my very first Sony game on PC. Graphics are stunning. Maybe a unpopular opinion on this PC forum, honestly I feel that the graphics don't need further advancement beyond this. AAA development nowadays are just not sustainable for most studios out there. Gameplay-wise I don't have much to say since I am still early into the game. I guess it is fun.

Alexandros

Every game should be turn based
Nov 4, 2018
I finished Yakuza Kiwami, my second Yakuza game after 0. Very enjoyable game but I was fatigued by the combat towards the end. I feel like I either don't have a firm grasp of the intricacies of the combat system yet or the system isn't very interesting in general because most regular fights devolve into me button mashing my way to victory and in most boss fights I button mash and abuse the healing system (by constantly chugging down staminan royales).

Does anyone have any general combat tips for the Yakuza games for a more rewarding experience?

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
I went back to Exoprimal despite completely dumping on it a few weeks ago and I now kind of like it? I don't know why I've had a change of heart over it but there is something decent there. The moment-to-moment combat feels good and the PVP sections aren't that bad, but it needs more meat on the bone. The Neo T. rex fight was awesome and is what I had envisioned the game would be from the outset.

Other than that I am playing some Need for Speed Unbound. I like the actual driving, but the dumb story, ugly pseudo-anime style and overly aggressive cops dampen things. I bought Pikmin 4 but won't have time to finish it before Baldur's Gate 3 releases so I'm waiting to play it in the winter after the tsunami of BG3, Starfield and Cyberpunk Phantom LIberty.

spiel

Apr 17, 2019
I'm replaying Cook Serve Delicious 3 because I accidentally overwrote my 100% save while trying to test out my new keyboard. I'll probably just stick to the critical path this time and play the more interesting menus. I've forgotten just how many levels there are.

Reactions: Cacher

didamangi

Who do you think you are? I am!
Nov 16, 2018
Jakarta, Indonesia
steamcommunity.com
Just finished Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart. I always drop the R&C games midway back in the PS2 era (I'm more of a jak & daxter guy), so this is the first actual game that I've finished in the series.

It's surprising how little the gameplay evolves from the ps2 games that I've played, it's basically the same but with a huge upgrade in fidelity (and very impressive set pieces)

Clocking in 16 hours, I finished the game on the hardest difficulty, and basically 100% the game. Found all major collectibles, weapons, armors, and finished al the sidequests.

I had fun with it. Although the game is lacking variety in bosses and enemies at the 2nd half of the game. And I felt that the weapons, as many as they are, also lack in variety really. It's just a reskin of the same weapons but with a different effect.

Remnant II/Baldur's Gate 3 next probably.

Reactions: Cacher and Stevey