Discussion What are you currently playing? (Week 34 of 2023)

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
New week, new thread! What are you playing?

I finally finish Act 2 of Tales of Vesperia today. The boss is more troublesome than I remember. I hate boss who can heal themselves during battle :cautious:. Starting Act 3 tomorrow. I also start to use Judith more. I usually don't like aerial character but she is very fun to play.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Genshin Impact! I think I said the exact same thing last year, but the new region is once again better in every aspect (and the last one was already fantastic). It's beautiful, the music is fantastic, underwater exploration is really good, main story is even better (we went full Ace Attorney) with a really interesting setup and strong characters, side quests continue to reveal wild lore... just an all around great time. I do not know how they just keep topping themselves each time, but I'm definitely not complaining, lol.

We'll see how much of what remains I'll get done this week, I'll jump back into Xenoblade Chronicles X once I'm done.

Dec 5, 2018
Trails into Reverie: Done with the post game. The only things left require grinding. So I'm done.

Vampire survivors: went back to get the new cheevos since I last played. I'm impressed with the engine update. It seems to run fine now.

20 Minutes till dawn:
A vampire survivors-like / bullet heaven is a bit more active, and less colorful I'm not sure how I feel about it yet.

That said this week has been pretty hot so I haven't played as much as I'd like.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
The big one is Baldurs Gate 3, unsurprisingly.
I'm also continuing Yakuza 6 and I want to finish The Great Attorney this or next week. I have been chipping away at it for the better part of this year, and the last two cases seem really great.

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
Remnant: From the Ashes is my main one.
Digging it so far, hasn't been too difficult (on normal) so far. The whole built procedurally from building blocks thing that it has going for is a neat idea but it's really noticeable too. They would need a lot more pieces for it to not be.

I also have House Flipper, Voxelgram and Draw Puzzle (still) in the background. Technically Baba Is You and Tametsi as well, but those are like in the super background.

hersheyfan

South Sea Islander
Jul 17, 2021
Manila, Philippines
steamcommunity.com
Binged on Holocure's Steam release. New best Vampire Survivors-like ever! And I know jack shit about Hololive, so its not the animu talking. :cold-sweat:

Really enjoying En Garde - its less a Sifu adjunct and more a PhD level Arkham Asylum (linear levels, more complex combat with an emphasis on environmental manipulation). The game's tone is intentionally jokey the entire way through, deadpan like No One Lives Forever. Also rather short, which can be a positive or negative depending on your view.

Bomb Rush Cyberfunk is basically Jet Set Radio Future 2. Outstanding soundtrack, fun traversal system, mediocre combat. Well worth the price for me still, but I could see other people bouncing off this and I'd understand.

Spent half a day rolling through the new Fontaine region in Genshin Impact, which has been amazing in every possible way. I usually have at least one bone to pick with every main "region expansion", but I can't say anything bad about this! I didnt know Ace Attorney X Genshin was something I needed in my life, and I was wrong.

Avern

MetaMember
May 14, 2020
I've got way too much going on at once right now.

Pikmin 4 - I enjoy the parts of this that feel like standard Pikmin: exploring the surface in short chunks. But this game has so much other cruft that I'm starting to get tired of it. Caves are boring. Dandori Battles are boring. Nighttime levels are boring. No time limit is boring. For a game that will not shut up about Dandori, Pikmin 4 doesn't seem to have much of it.

Bomb Rush Cyberfunk - It's incredible. Movement feels fantastic. Zooming around and looking for tag spots while listening to the 10/10 soundtrack is a great time. Combat's mid, but also not that intrusive, at least so far. Also, the story's a lot of fun, even if it's very silly.

Shadow Gambit: The Cursed Crew - I've unlocked 4 crew members, and it's a lot of fun so far. I'm curious to see how it approaches scaling up the difficulty though. It offers a lot more player choice than previous Mimimi games, and I'm wondering if they can keep the level design compelling while accounting for that.

Nioh 2 - This game is demented. I like it a lot.

Dead By Daylight - There's a skin near the end of the battle pass that I want, so I've been trying to play enough to get it without letting the game feel like work. Been playing lots of Oni, and looking forward to the Xenomorph. Honestly fuck battle passes though. AAA-gaming's monetization schemes are all the worst. Soul-crushing shit.

DesolationStone

Sep 17, 2020
Italy
noblogo.org
While everyone else is playing Baldur's Gate 3, Quake II or waiting for Starfield, I'm playing this very, very old and literally forgotten space sim.
I spent a whole day just getting it up and running and configuring all the controllers. I mean, it's not an obscure game because you can find information and reviews on the internet, it's just so scattered around the web and you don't know where to look. It looks great, by the way, but I don't understand why anyone would play it when there's Elite Dangerous and, in the next few weeks, Starfield. Yes, it's one of the few space sims that actually uses Newtonian physics, but they've created 8 solar systems with hundreds of space stations and planets just for combat (which seems to mean raiding merchant transports and grinding for better equipment). Strange choices, but the soundtrack is amazing.