Discussion What are you currently playing? (Week 34 of 2024)

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
New week, new thread! What are you playing?

Continuing Watch Dogs 2. Played a few DLC missions. Gameplay-wise they added some variations and even difficulty to the main formula, and there are surprisingly good character interactions. I enjoyed my time a lot.

I also started Dungeons of Hinterberg on Game Pass. As someone who loves 3D Zelda, this game feels right at home. Puzzle designs are excellent and combat is great. The social elements are also very laid-back without time limit. Love this game!

Last edited:

Blizniak

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2018
I'm back to playing Old World, still getting my ass kicked in scenarios because you have to be aggressive and I instinctively veer off towards culture and tech. I got really tired of the Civilization formula at some point but mixing it with Crusader Kings seems to have really done it for me.

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
Finished Surge 2.
Was looking for something completely different next, so I started Lone Fungus earlier today.
:steam_gp_mushroom:

Reactions: Cacher

einstellung

Dec 31, 2018
FF16 Steam demo: has a Spanish dub and the writing is filled to the brim with cliches (from the perspective of an English speaker) so I was able to follow along with it quite well at "full-speed" with subtitles. I heard so many of the cliched turns of phrase in my head in English though, so maybe it wasn't particularly useful for learning, haha.

This is in contrast to Star Ocean, where I can read in Spanish at my slow pace. FF16 won't wait for me, but it's also filled with easy words and grammar. Hooray for surprise comprehensible input!

Edit: ...I am now very sad that Rebirth doesn't have a Spanish dub.

Last edited:
OP
Cacher

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Just finished the Tidis mission of Watch Dogs 2. Difficult stealth section followed by an extremely hyped mayhem. That mission was fantastic.

Now I can start the final mission. Going to do some side activities first before tackling it.

Reactions: einstellung

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
Finished Lone Fungus. Not a huge fan in the end. It has a quite a bunch of the "string these abilities together in quick succession" type challenge rooms and that's not what I'm looking for in Metroidvanias. The hardest ones are optional thankfully.
Bosses are kind of weak, soundtrack kind of forgettable and the art isn't really working for me either. It plays fine but could also use a few qol features for the controls. No desire to 100%.

Started Just Cause 2. Immediately liking it. It's the right kind of stupid.
It's a bit crashy on (some modern?) nvidia hardware, already got 2 crashes in the short time I played. There's a couple potential fixes on pc gaming wiki, so hopefully the one I applied works for me.

Reactions: Cacher