Discussion What are you currently playing? (Week 36 of 2024)

Cacher

MetaMember
Jun 3, 2020
New week, new thread! What are you playing?

I am currently taking a short break from my PC due to focusing on some matters irl, so I was only playing Grindstone on the Deck during the last few days. Going to return next week. Have fun discussing. ;)

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
Primarily Just Cause 2.
I could go and do the last agency mission already, but I think I'm going to clear all the faction stuff before that. And then look at the remaining achievements and such and see if I feel like I'm close enough to bang it all out.

Reactions: Cacher and lashman

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
I just finished Signalis after playing it for ~9 hours, mostly this weekend.
What an experience. The only part I'm not a huge fan of is the dedication to replicate some of the more annoying (to me) game mechanics of PS1/2-style survival horror, but everything else was absolutely fantastic.
It's mesmerizing, thought-provoking, presented with unwavering and uncompromising style, and, above all, heart-wrenching.

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018
I just finished Yellow Taxi Goes Vroom and it was a good platformer, who could have guessed that a platformer that you play as a car could be this fun?

I may get back to Tavern Talk now but I need to be in the right mood

Reactions: lashman and Cacher

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Genshin 5.0 dropped and is unsurprisingly very good again, but outside of that I also sat down and finished the True Ending route in Digimon Survive as well as the other endings I was missing - not sure it was worth it though, replaying that game is a boring slog for the most part unfortunately. But there are unique digivolutions behind each route that carry over to the next playthrough, so they got me.
Also just bought the Kingdom Hearts collection, so I will be busy with that for a looong time, lol.

Reactions: lashman and Cacher

DrShrapnel

Shuwatch!
Oct 14, 2021
Black Myth Wukong: Just got rolling with this last night, and so far it’s ok. I’m super early though as I was playing with settings last night. Hope it doesn’t kick my ass too badly.

Reactions: Cacher and lashman
OP
Cacher

Cacher

MetaMember
Jun 3, 2020
I started playing Process of Elimination developed by NIS. It's a console exclusive so I am playing it on PS4. Japanese copy. Completed the first chapter and I am intrigued! A very interesting take on the murder mystery genre as NIS added their SRPG favour into it, They also made a neat video to introduce the mechanics so check it out if you are interested.

Reactions: einstellung

MegaApple

Just another Video Game Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2018
Playing through Homefront The Revolution.

Game is clearly mixed (weird design choices, janky gunplay, weak narrative and writing) but it was made with some love. Some of the best rain from PS4/XB1 generation.

didamangi

Sometimes maybe good, sometimes maybe shit.
Nov 16, 2018
Jakarta, Indonesia
steamcommunity.com
Continuing my Okami HD playthrough. Game is surprisingly long. 30 plus hours in so far. Still enjoying it though.

Tried Space Marine 2, runs good enough. I don't like the lack of hit feedback. Melee and executable doesn't feel satisfying enough. Will wait for a sale. Makes me wanna continue my Boltgun playthrough at least.

Also tried some cheap games that I bought like:
  • Astalon. Cool 8-bit metroidvania with rogulite elements and 3 characters swap on save point. I dig it.
  • Revita. Weird twin-stick roguelite platformer. With a pretty high adjustment cost up front because of the control scheme. LB to jump and LT to dodge. Makes sense for a twin stick shotter I guess, but still.
  • My Friendly Neighborhood. First person RE1 like with evil Sesame Street puppets as the enemies. Will probably finish this one. Looks like a short game and it's interesting enough to play.