Discussion What are you currently playing? (Week 40: Oct 3rd - Oct 9th, 2022)

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
New week, new thread! You know the drill. What are you playing?

I am still playing Judgment. Have been addicted to drone race lately. It is way funnier and more exciting than I originally expected. Really enjoying the game.

• Comfy
Reactions: BO7AMMOOD and Kvik

Ibuki

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
Colorado, USA
Been getting back into Hunt: Showdown over the last few days. It's definitely really punishing, but it brings a certain intensity because of the permadeath stuff. Randoms have been pretty reasonable so far too. I've had a lot of successful extracts today.

• Comfy
Reactions: Kvik and Cacher

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
I spent the weekend playing Trails from Zero, up to Chapter 2 now. The lack of level scaling means that I was pretty much steamrolling everything in sight (even on Nightmare difficulty) since I'm grossly overleveled due to the NG carryovers.

Well, that is, until a level 35 monster chest containing these critters cut me down to size. :flare_lmao:

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Uh, I’m in the middle of one of those weird periods where what I play is in flux and I keep trying to play everything and I keep chasing some dragon. While observing the mess that is my life.
So, frankly a mess.

Nioh 2 is on soft hold, I can only take so much punishment. Worth noting, I don’t really rage as of late, more calm and pragmatic, which is super cool. But I wouldn’t say I’m not worried for my blood pressure sometimes.

Persona 4 Golden has seen far too little play for the last few days, as I… Love the formula / But it’s the same as 3 / I prefer 3 / An attempt to evolve the formula would be greatly appreciated / The gameplay loop is globally more stressing than good for me

So I played several hours of Moonbreaker and played some Magic Arena after months of inactivity. It ties back to reevaluating my life, trying things I don’t like to see if I could end up liking them, in this case PVP.
Not very conclusive. Magic new starter sets are a little too convoluted for me and Moonbreaker base is pretty great and has potential, but it is also starved for content.

This week I will try to main P4G again and juggle between the rest. I don’t plan to start something else (but plans, like rules, are made to be broken).

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
I started Lords of the Fallen. had a really poor first impression but it's growing on me. But it kind of doesn't have its own identity.

Reactions: Cacher

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Still mostly playing Like A Dragon but also started with Rogue Legacy 2 on the deck and I both love it and hate it! Depends on the run haha.

Surprised I pretty much dropped Deathloop, not sure why. I will probably return at some point.

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
endless games—
· Hitman 3
· Zachtronics Solitaire Collection

apart from these two, I dabbled a bit in these:
· Deus Ex Mankind Divided (finished that several times, ages ago, just wanted to revisit it for a bit)
· Deathloop (I owned that game for ages, and since its gonna be in Humble Monthly and therefore discussed, I wanted to give it a better try, but it feels a bit too roguelike to me? I feared that Arkane would go that route after Prey Mooncrash. In stealth games / immersive sims, I wanna save-scum ;) I know some devs think thats a problem, because Im having fun "wrong" but I disagree :p but maybe that impression is wrong, will have to see.
· Kena is on my list but havent started it yet
· Steam Next Fest demos :)

Reactions: Cacher and lashman

Avern

MetaMember
May 14, 2020
I started digging into Dragon Quest XI S. So far it's been incredibly charming. Life's been stressful lately, and it's a perfect fit for that. :blobmorning:

I think I'm about halfway through Thymesia. It's a decent Sekiro-clone, but it's killing my left hand. I have to be careful to not overdo it.

Then I'm playing Sephonie on the Deck during my lunch breaks and it's been magical so far. Incredible vibes and writing in that one. It's probably ending up on my GOTY list.

I've also dipped my toes back into both Dead by Daylight and Vampire Survivors, and I have stalled out playthroughs a few hours into Soul Hackers 2, Judgment, and Ori and the Blind Forest. And I'm stuck trying to get through some of the later puzzles in Last Call BBS. I'm biting off more than I can chew, but I'm feeling pretty ok about it at the moment.