Discussion What are you currently playing? (Week 40 of 2024)

Cacher

MetaMember
Jun 3, 2020
New week, new thread! What are you playing?

Entered the third arc in Dragon Quest V. Made through two dungeons already but interestingly no bosses in them. Encounter rates are noticeably higher and enemies are hard-hitting. Looks like there is a need to spend a few hours on grinding.

Finished Ace Attorney Investigations 1 and started 2. Already finished case 1. I love the logic chess mechanic. :drinking-blob:

Also started Scarlet Nexus yesterday. I already wrote my grievances on the writing in the last thread, and now the story starts to bother me as well. How this special force with high death rate being filled with rich kids from big companies is utter nonsense. The combat is fun though so I am enjoying the gameplay segment.

Dec 5, 2018
Another week another demo. Tried the Metaphor Demo. It's mostly what i expected so far. Haven't finished the demo probably will finish it today but I'd be nice if they fixed those performance jumps.

Vampire Survivors: Got all missing cheevos, I'll be back by the next big update and/or DLC.

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
Finished Deliver Us Mars. Left kind of middling impression in the end. The character writing is just kind of not believable or relatable to me and that really hurts it.
It also suffers a bit from being a direct follow up to the events of Deliver Us The Moon. It's been a while since I played that and Mars doesn't do a good job at reminding who were the key figures in that story.

Started Infinifactory.

Always with these zachtronic games I start with an intention to fully optimize my machines to their peak but fairly quickly end up not doing that because I'm just not that good in them. :D

I'm also thinking about starting something that's a bit less brain and more action, not sure what though.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Making good progress in Kingdom Hearts 2. Not much to say, it's just very fun.
Zenless Zone Zero also released a Vampire Survivors knock-off minigame in its ingame arcade with lots of unlockables, so that could be dangerous.

OP
Cacher

Cacher

MetaMember
Jun 3, 2020
I find Scarlet Nexus's "story" insultingly bad. The game actively shows me that these two protags have serious problems. On one hand, Yuito got ambushed by Kasane and she literally yelled "Die Yuito!" but his reaction was basically "no we need to talk!!!" even after the assassination attempt. On the other hand, Kasane hides key information, fails to communicate like a normal person and honestly has no charisma at all.

I am usually fairly lenient towards videogames' story, but this game is seriously testing my patience. Last time a videogame story causing this much frustration in my brain was Tales of Arise, and it is funny that these two games were both published by Bamco and released in the same year.

Anyway, I will hate myself if I continue playing this game, so now it is dropped. Sucks that the gameplay is actually fun.

Reactions: einstellung