Discussion What are you currently playing? (Week 41: Oct 10th - Oct 16th, 2022)

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
How time flies. New week, new thread! What are you playing?

Yet I am still playing Judgment. 42 hours in and at chapter 11. Main story surely goes to places. I have to avoid advancing too much so I can invest more time into side content. Have been struggling to play through the baseball mini game lately.

I am also thinking my next big game. Maybe Dark Cloud on deck as I found a cheap copy a few days ago.

Last edited:

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
I played Trails from Zero for most of the weekend. Up to Intermission now. Chapter 3 was my favourite chapter. I've seen it twice now, but hearing the other side of the (Sky 3rd) Star Door 15 still gets me.

I've also finished Chapter 1 of Judgement. It's pretty good. After suffering Yakuza 3's combat, I enjoyed the combat in this game a lot. Installed a mod to speed up the style change, and it feels great. The story also borrows a lot from film noir traditions, which I love.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
With three days wasted reinstalling windows multiple times, and with the speed at which my mind changes its centers of interest, I fear dropping plenty of games I wouldn’t want to drop. We will see.
I think Persona 4 is still safe albeit in an awkward what was I doing zone, and I guess the lack of meaningful plot in Nioh 2 makes it salvageable. I also get the urge to resume Hitman.
XCOM2 and GTAV though… But GTA is simply repulsive and XCOM2, well I can respect XCOM2, it’s its own game far better than the mediocre first one. But it’s also constantly stressful and punishing enough to make me not enjoy playing it.

In 3 days Cultic chapter 1 drops, too.

Reactions: lashman and Cacher

MomoVideo

ķ͕͕̍̅͋ḭ̼͂̕lļ͓̞̙̀͗͆̊ ͉͛m͕̲̮̆̒̐̍͢e ͠
Apr 5, 2021
I beat God of War (2018) a few days ago so I started Scarlet Nexus on Steam Deck and Death Stranding: DC on PS5. I like the story so far in DS, tho I only played it for like 3 hours. I'm afraid I will get bored of the gameplay pretty fast, but we will see.

Reactions: Cacher and lashman

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018
Disciples: Liberation on the Steam Deck. Great game so far, I really like the tactical combat. Playing on hard difficulty is recommended.
I started it a few hours ago. Pretty good so far, not sure if I understand all the mechanics yet. When I recruited the priestess companion it said that I got all these blueprints for the city but I can't work out where or how to use them. Can't upgrade anything.

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
Still plugging away at Lords of the Fallen. It's not as bad as my very first impressions of it were but it's definitely middling at best. I doubt very much that I have any desire to clean up achievements or anything of the sort after I finish. Checked the achievement guide on a 360 achievement site just now and it had a minimum number of playthroughs listed at 3. No thanks. :grinning-face:

Background games continue to be Draw Puzzle.

Steam workshop always delivers.

I also just bought and installed Globesweeper: Hex Puzzler so I might put that in rotation soon as well.
Also I occasionally play Spider and Freecell solitaire, the classic Win7 versions.

With three days wasted reinstalling windows multiple times
I've been thinking about finally installing Win11.

But knowing the way I generally am, it's going to take me a bit to get it into the exact way I want. But on other hand my install is old and I never feel great about running a dirty windows install anyway and I've been doing that for couple of years now.

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
I started it a few hours ago. Pretty good so far, not sure if I understand all the mechanics yet. When I recruited the priestess companion it said that I got all these blueprints for the city but I can't work out where or how to use them. Can't upgrade anything.
Yeah it's confusing. It seems you can't build every building on every spot. Try to "fase out" one of your barracks and you'll see that you can build other unit-producing buildings instead. Upgrading to Tier 2 needs further story progression I guess, I'm not there yet.

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018
Yeah it's confusing. It seems you can't build every building on every spot. Try to "fase out" one of your barracks and you'll see that you can build other unit-producing buildings instead. Upgrading to Tier 2 needs further story progression I guess, I'm not there yet.
Yeah, I worked that out after I posted the message. Phased out the graveyard and replaced it with a barracks that makes Warpriests etc...

Reactions: Ge0force

Avern

MetaMember
May 14, 2020
I gave up on waiting for Ultrakill's 1.0 release and it's amazing.

Other than that, still playing DQ11. I beat Sephonie, but after the credits roll it unlocks a bunch of postgame content, so that will continue to be my lunchbreak Deck game for this week. DBD's halloween event starts later this week, so I'll probably spend some time on that as well.

Reactions: Cacher

hersheyfan

South Sea Islander
Jul 17, 2021
Manila, Philippines
steamcommunity.com
Been on a shmup kick, so I'm playing Shinorubi on Steam. Its fairly mediocre as shooters go, but visually its an overload. Also playing a lot of Overwatch 2 on bnet, and have surprisingly been enjoying myself (for reference, I bounced off OW1 pretty early so maybe I'm not as burned out as some people are).

I picked up Asterigos on XSX, looking forward to playing that tomorrow! That'll kill time until the new Genshin Impact patch this Friday (PS5).

Reactions: Cacher

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Playing some moar Monster Hunter Rise. I really need to stop browsing the net/twitter/forums after work and actually play vidya gaems a little bit more though.

That was basically all my gaming today, a single Sunbreak hunt and Dreamcast PSO Ver. 2 from scratch due to a lost save, going up to the second boss (Caves).

Last edited:
  • Gib
Reactions: Cacher and lashman

FunnyJay