Discussion What are you currently playing? (Week 41 of 2024)

Cacher

MetaMember
Jun 3, 2020
New week, new thread! What are you playing?

I reached the final overworld in Dragon Quest V. I fought four bosses within a single day to reunite with my wife, and this final stretch was so emotional that I can't withhold my tears when playing it. On the other hand, monsters in the final overworld are so daunting to fight. Old-school RPG difficulty, love it! Plan to do a few hours grinding around the final town.

Progressing Case 2 of Ace Attorney Investigations 2. Fun premise with a familiar face from the original trilogy. Nice.

Also started Death's Door yesterday. Pacing is a bit off (too much walking) but I am enjoying it. Cool 2D-Zelda like.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Been playing Until Dawn for two days now, and having fun. Hoping to finish it before Friday before Metaphor drops.

Been also playing a few other titles, like Atelier Ayesha. Still early in, but it's nice to see that Guts is keeping things fresh with this game, the new alchemy interface seems nice and easier to read than the old one in the Arland games.

Reactions: lashman
Dec 5, 2018
Finished the Metaphor Demo, the boss of the optional dungeon made me appreciate the job archetype system a bit more, the boss became a joke with the right combination of jobs + synthesis (combination? skill).
Also gone back to Tekken 8 to see the new story content (and test characters there a bit).

Reactions: lashman