Discussion What are you currently playing? (Week 45: Nov 7th - Nov 13th, 2022)

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Hey people, we have entered November and there are so many games coming out lately. What are you playing?

I have been playing Harvestella during the past weekend. Posted my first impression in the JRPG thread so feel free to check it out. Really enjoy the game. I started chapter 3 today and the first side quest is already pretty intriguing. New combat area is also kicking my ass so I will take it slow and level up a bit.

The week before I also bought a copy of 7th Dragon on NDS. It was developed by some key figures from the Etrian Odyssey team and the similarities are evident: this game is hard! Really high encounter rate with brutal enemies which deal high damages even at starting area. I am going to play more then write up a post in the forgotten games thread.

I will sound like a broken record by mentioning some games from last week. Really need to un-abandon them but these new games are so good!

Dec 5, 2018
Same as last week.
P5R - Midway through July.
Vampire Survivors - Just ~20 unlocks left. Felt so good to finally learn how to kill the reaper.

Reactions: Cacher

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
P5R again for me. Just reached September.

Back in work as of tomorrow, so I probably won't have time to play much else other than P5R.

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
AC Chronicles Russia and Globesweeper Hex Puzzler (still). I'm about 3/4 done with Globesweeper, and maybe halfway through AC.

Haven't decided what's next yet.

MegaApple

Just another Video Game Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2018
Resident Evil 2 (1998) on my PS Vita

Conserving ammo and navigation/exploration isn't challenging. Some puzzles require thinking, but can be over come. It is challenging to dodge the zombies due to limited 3D perspective, I get bitten at odd angles. So I had to kill a bunch of them and waste ammo.

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
I'm playing through Bayonetta 3 and I'm simply not feeling it. I think I'm over Platinum's fetish for shoehorning annoying minigames into their beat-em-ups. The core combat is as good as it ever was, but I groan every time I have to do a glorified rock-paper-scissors kaiju fight or play a bad imitation of Elevator Action.

• This!
Reactions: Valdien and Cacher

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
This week, I'm aiming to complete The Curse of Kudan. Just entered the final route. It's a rather short affair, like the other SukeraSparo games.

I also booted up Xenosaga II. It's been years since I played the first one, and I forgot everything that happened in it (except for KOS-MOS firing an energy weapon from her abs). I went to YouTube to find a recap and oh dear, the word convoluted didn't even begin to describe it. :flare_lmao:

I can't find the motivation to continue playing Lightning Returns, so I'm shelving it for the time being and continue to FF XV instead. Aiming to get it done too before the year is over.

Valdien

✵ Chaos! ✵
Mar 26, 2020
Toronto
I'm playing through Bayonetta 3 and I'm simply not feeling it. I think I'm over Platinum's fetish for shoehorning annoying minigames into their beat-em-ups. The core combat is as good as it ever was, but I groan every time I have to do a glorified rock-paper-scissors kaiju fight or play a bad imitation of Elevator Action.
I finished Chapter 5 last night and they added a 5 second mini-game for Voila near the end that made me groan so hard. It's absolutely baffling that Platinum thought it was a good idea. On top of that, Voila is already a poorly thought out character in terms of gameplay. The first challenge with her highlights her biggest problem with the block witch time mechanic. They should've adjusted witch time around her differently, but did not. Unlike Bayonetta, she has to be stationary in order to block and initiate witch time. She also has no equivalent to Bayo's "Bat Within" ability. You also cannot witch time if her Demon Slave is summoned, lol. Her Demon Slave is also largely AI controlled. Within 5 mins of controlling her, I just wanted to go back to Bayo. The Yo-yo weapon alone blows away anything Voila has to offer.

Outside of Viola and Jeanne, I've been really enjoying the game so far. The Demon Slave system is great, but the rankings seems to be heavily skewed in favor of it. Currently doing my first playthrough on hard and there have been many instances where I thought I should have gotten a Platinum in time + score but did not because I did not heavily rely on the demon slaves. The requirements are only going to get tighter on Infinite Climax...

Last edited:

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria

As I just finished Dark Souls III, I might continue Plague Tale, Kena or Asterigos, or do another DS3 run...or maybe try DS1 or DS2, havent decided yet :)

Reactions: Cacher and lashman