Discussion What are you currently playing? (Week 47: Nov 21st - Nov 27th, 2022)

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
New week, new thread! Time flies and year end is closing in! What are you playing?

I am still playing Harvestella, now at chapter 3B. Three days into summer in-game. There is no big changes in the world after switching season so kinda a missed opportunity, but I am still enjoying the RPG elements of the game. Side stories are as good as ever and the current main story dungeon is straight out of Nier Replicant with its aesthetics and vocal background music. Good stuff.

• Gib
  • Comfy
Reactions: Kvik and lashman

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I spent the day playing P4G. I'm not sure I can play more right now, it's becoming painful with this length.

The plot went into a fucking idea black hole during the summer and only farts out some light bits from time to time now. The narrative events are really enjoyable though.

I'm... November 5th ? Something like that. Not sure when the game ends as it's longer for the Golden ending, but I suppose I should look at December 31st as a cut off date for my social links, just to be sure.
I know that frustration is the name of the game, but I'm really unconvinced I will be able to max out the SL I want with the little time I have left. And it fucking rains every other day (no SL on those days). I rambled like an idiot when Kanji came to me one morning and said 'it's been a long time since it rained'.
Are you fucking me, Kanji ?

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
Nearly done with Hex Puzzler, though I did run into a few puzzles that I seem to be stuck on, so it might last a bit longer still.

After finishing Pikuniku late last week, I'm probably jumping into Outland, which is another blitz game for me.

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Playing Xenoblade 2 currently.

Up to chapter 4 so far. My last save was made on Chapter 3 in 2020, during the heights of COVID lockdown. :flare_lmao:

Like Yakuza games, I really appreciate that we can replay the event cutscenes. It's such an essential feature to have, especially after a long absence.

I have to say, though --so far I enjoyed the character dynamics in XC1 a lot more than whatever it is Rex has going on with Pyra. Anime antics can only do so much.

And don't get me started with Tora either. I benched him at the earliest opportunity. :flare_yukata:

OP
Cacher

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
I have to say, though --so far I enjoyed the character dynamics in XC1 a lot more than whatever it is Rex has going on with Pyra. Anime antics can only do so much.
Based on this sentence alone, I think you are going to love XB3 :dualbladesblob:

Finished a side story in the second town of Harvestella. It was such a roller coaster ride that I didn't expect. The writers managed to turn the table a few times during this short side quest. I was saddened at the half way but laughed really loud at the end. Great writing.

hersheyfan

South Sea Islander
Jul 17, 2021
Manila, Philippines
steamcommunity.com
I'm presently playing through Pentiment on XSX, which is incredible! Been playing a lot of DJMax Respect (Steam) on the side, as I copped a deal on a truckload of DLC. At this point, based on sheer volume and quality of content, it has to be the best music game ever, hands down. It's basically become a platform at this point!

Im really getting the itch to buy Harvestella because of the many praises I've been hearing about it online (including from Cacher! hahaha), it sounds a 7-8 game that does a lot of interesting things, which is totally my kind of game.

• Comfy
Reactions: Cacher

MegaApple

Just another Video Game Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2018
I restarted The World Ends With You (Android version) after my old phone became redundant.

It is great writing and world=building, touch controls work REALLY well.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
I've been in Gacha land this week, tried out Project Neural Cloud on a whim and surprisingly enjoying it a hell of a lot. Wrote up some thoughts in the Gacha thread.
The tl;dr is that the gameplay is actually a lot of fun (it's an Auto-Battler/rogue-like hybrid that is surprisingly addictive) and the gacha aspect feels wholly secondary, which is how I like my gacha games.
And the game is insanely snappy and fast in just about every aspect: Loading, menus, combat.

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
Oh, I didn't know that there is this kind of threads around :O

I recently finished Raji: An Ancient Epic, one of the current Humble Choice games. Pretty fun game. I have never played a game that has Hindi gods before. It was interesting to learn something about Hinduism.

Next, I started to play Eldest Souls, which also is one of the games from current Humble Choice. It's a 2D souls-like game, which you battle against only bosses. Also a fun game, but very hard. I have died a lot and I only have fought three bosses so far, out of 11 (I think). The game has no-damage achievements, which I probably won't bother to unlock :D

Impressive you got the money worth before they are closing the service

hersheyfan

South Sea Islander
Jul 17, 2021
Manila, Philippines
steamcommunity.com
I got pulled into Persona 5 Royal, again, this time on XSX.

I've already played this game 1.5 times... and I know there's a bunch of other games I should be playing instead... but I can't help myself, the faster loading (and the truckload of "free" DLC) sold me. I'm just fast forwarding through all the dialogue (that I've already seen) to semi-speedrun a 100% playthrough. :flushed-face:

10 1/2 hours in, almost done with Palace 2. Can I get 100% in under 60h, including Mementos? I guess I'm about to find out. :cold-sweat: