Discussion What are you currently playing? (Week 47 of 2023)

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
New week, new thread! What are you playing?

Having a bad time at work lately so I bought a used PS4 Pro again to feel better. I finished Shin Sakura Wars on my previous one then sold it because I really didn't like the console back then. This time I am going to play more games on it, and it will likely become a NIS machine because they have many console exclusive games which don't run well enough on the Switch. Already started playing Poison Control and cleared two stages. It is 30% third-person shooter, 30% clearing poison on the ground (which gives ammo and health), 10% looking for secrets in the stages and 30% story. The pacing feels like a PS2 game and I LOVE the character designs. The story is full of comedic moments but also pretty messed up at the same time. Very weird game and as a weirdo I am enjoying it a lot.

Also I am liking the soundtrack. This is the title theme.

This one is pause menu.

Also forgot to talk about Robocop Rogue City. I am now roaming the hub world again and found this guy humming the Robocop theme in the park. Really love moments like this in a videogame.

Last edited:
  • Hug
Reactions: C-Dub and lashman

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Shin Sakura Wars
What a blast from the past. Sucks that Sega never brought this to PC, I think I would have enjoyed it.

Still playing through current Genshin and Star Rail stuff.
Finished Bendy and the Ink Machine - good stuff.
Then I kinda got into Yakuza mood with talks about the newest and upcoming games, so I'm continuing with Yakuza 5. Just finished doing all the Taxi/racing side missions and am ready to move on with the story again, lol.

Reactions: Cacher

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
Persona 5 Tactica this week.

Likely won’t have time for much else. If I finish it this week and my Deck OLED arrives, I’m gonna begin another run of Cyberpunk 2077.

Reactions: Cacher

MegaApple

Just another Video Game Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2018
Played DJ MAX Respect V, got the base game and first major DLC

DJ MAX series feels like its own universe of rhythm games (being Korean made) rather than family of Japanese rhythm game. Lot of songs I've never heard.
So I'm loving it. Currently only 1 star and 2 star difficulty songs are doable, will climb up the ladder soon

Reactions: Cacher and lashman
OP
Cacher

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
I finally started playing Octopath Traveler. This game... is perfect for the Deck.
What a blast from the past. Sucks that Sega never brought this to PC, I think I would have enjoyed it.
They really need to make a sequel (although this is highly unlikely).
Now time for Super Mario RPG?
Bought the game as a statement to tell Nintendo that please keep making Mario RPG. Haven't gotten around it yet.

Reactions: Nabs

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
I just finished Lords of the Fallen. ~62 hours played.

I stand by what I said before: at least for my playstyle (coop, and I like spells), this really isn't much worse in any aspect compared to the Souls games. And the map is actually more interconnected than most of those.

It's also nice to play a "Souls" which doesn't arbitrarily lock you out of playing in ultrawide, or forces a 60 FPS cap.