Discussion What are you currently playing? (Week 49: Dec 5th - Dec 11th, 2022)

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
New week, new thread!

Halfway to Harvestella main story. I went total "wat" in one scene. Really can't predict how this story will go.

Also started Marvel Midnight Suns. Incredibly happy with the gameplay. Jokes are cringey but the writing can actually be pretty good in serious scenes. Performance-wise there are stutters here and there but overall it runs well enough.

Also continued reading Chaos;Head Noah. I don't read VN in public so it means I only launch it at home. Didn't get too far this week.

So, what are you playing?

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018
I'm still playing Persona 5 Royal and started PowerWash Simulator and I'm surprised how fun it is.

Reactions: Cacher

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Meh, still in the hangover phase after finishing P4G.
I tried Minstrel's Song, I really tried, but after understanding that without following a guide I have zero idea where to go, and AFTER understanding than even then quests rewards depend on party composition... fuck that noise.

Dec 5, 2018
After over 150h I'm done with P5R, with all the cheevos (but that's mostly because they're nothing compared with say P4G) heck I was missing only 5 awards from the thieve's den (2 I could have done by save scumming but I learned that later) and I'm not a fan of this Atlus obsession of gating bosses throught NG+.
Still, the game is great but I think that the pacing goes to shit after november (I don't mind long cutscenes but if the game tells me to save in the middle that means they're going for too long).

I started Fire emblem (The Blazing Blade), dunno I'm like 2 hours in and I feel like the game is still in tutorial mode.

Avern

MetaMember
May 14, 2020
Omori
Pentiment
Bayonetta (at a rough guess, this is my 10th playthrough)
Freedom Planet (it seems bad so far)
Dead by Daylight
And probably trying a bunch of other games on my Deck and not committing to any of them. While Omori and Pentiment are both great, both get heavy enough to where I really need palette cleansers, so I've been dipping my toe into a lot of other stuff.

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
Didn't have a ton of time last week, so Globesweeper Hex Puzzler is still ongoing. Just one more puzzle to go though, so that'll probably be done this week. Might go back to Tametsi after that to see if I can punch through any of the hard puzzles there.
I did manage to finish Outland last week, so I need to find a new primary game. I was thinking about Gun Gun Pixies, but who knows.
I still need to finish Super Mario Bros 2 as my last blitz game, but other than that my slate for the entire December is wide open.

Might finally start some games I bought ages ago but was waiting for a better GPU to play them. Darksiders 3 in particular has floated on top of my list as of late.

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
I finished SteamWorld Dig 2 yesterday. One more game done for this year. Next, I am going to finished Eldest Souls. Hopefully I finish too this week :) But the boss fights are so damn difficult.

I also started to play Carmageddon Max Damage. Wow, this is boring. Long time ago I played the original Carmageddon and thought it was fun. Max Damage feels like pretty much same game, but with less gore. I don't think I am gonna play this game anymore...

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
If it's fun I'll be doing a bunch of card game playing in Genshin starting tomorrow. :evilblob:

Other than that it looks like after months of playing it on and off I finally got into the groove with Yakuza 4 and made very nice progress over the weekend, so I intend to try and keep that up.

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
I just finished Dark Souls, will probably just continue Plague Tale Requiem now (or Kena)

really liked DS1, but less than DS3 and ER.

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
Finished P5R last week. Moved on to Bayonetta 3 and dropped it because it’s not good.

Starting my sort of annual tradition of playing a Christmas-themed game. This year it’s Shenmue.

Reactions: Cacher and Li Kao

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
I finished with Xenoblade2 on the weekend!

This week will be spent on Minstrel Song, mostly. I enjoyed it a lot, It's definitely the quintessential saga, easy to learn but difficult to master.

I have to get back to reading Demonbane too, although with Mahoyo out tomorrow and the C;H N patch on the horizon, looks like it's going to be a fun holiday break for me.

• Love
Reactions: Cacher and Li Kao

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Playing Norco. It's pretty great.

Day 1
Insomnia. Reading ocd. I nearly dropped Norco.
…but I’m glad I didn’t because the pixel art is simply gorgeous, the atmosphere is engrossing, the plot intriguing, and above all, it has the essential element of every good genre fiction, heart and humanity.

Day 2
Norco surprised me. I didn't expect to laugh that hard and long. I scared off my cat :face-with-tears-of-joy:

PhaZZe

MetaMember
Mar 12, 2019
Ace combat 7 baby, misssion 15 already, this game has a great presentations wish it has the audio team from battlefield series, the mp is very fun too

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
No week #50 thread this week? :flare_think:

Still playing Minstrel Song and jumping from one VN to another for me. :flare_bath:

• Comfy
Reactions: Parsnip

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
I'm actually also still playing the same games.

Well, kind of. I didn't really play much of anything last week, so just by that definition I'm still playing the same games. :toucan:
I've done a few attempts at the last hexpuzzler globe and it's not difficult, just got to be careful and not make stupid mistakes since I want to get 3 stars out of it. It's a pain though since it's huge and if I end up making a dumb mistake 1 hour in, that just takes all the wind out of my sails for the day, at minimum.

• Comfy
Reactions: Kvik

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018
Made a thread for the new week