Discussion What are you currently playing? (Week 5 of 2024)

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
New week, new thread! What are you playing?

I have been enjoying Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy on the deck. Already played all three games in the past (and it's my third replay of AA4). These three games are considered to be bad games according to Shu Takumi's loyalists but I am immensely enjoying my gaming sessions with this trilogy collection. Already progressed to the third case in AA4 and this case is an "unforgettable" one due to its controversial gimmick. Personally I was fine with it so let's see if my opinion will change during this playthrough.

What I truly look forward to, though, would be playing AA5 and 6 again. I played through both games in English near 10 years ago and this time I am playing them in Japanese, arguably the language that suits these games more. Very interested to see if this change will impact my experience on both games as I was fairly lukewarm to AA5 whereas AA6 is one of my favorite AA games.

Last edited:

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Making some headway in Persona 4 Golden. Currently in October and having a decent time with the game. Definitely a big improvement coming from Persona 3, even if I still miss the more traditional formula of the Persona 2s.

And I want to finish the initial Route of Nier Replicant this next week, but let's see how far I get. Currently in the second half of it, after the time skip.

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
I'm near the end of Baldur's Gate 3 replay. I honestly think I'm enjoying my replay more than the original if only for the fact I'm doing a lot more optional quests in act 3. I kind of rushed the end of my first run so I could get to Cyberpunk and Starfield.

Dec 5, 2018
Turnip boy robs a bank: 100% the game. It's different from the first game since is more a "roguelite" but the runs are like 6 minutes tops. Like the first game it went full anime at the end. Still fun for what it is.
Ace attorney trilogy: Nearly done with the 5th case. Having played later games now it really shows how it was added after the experience of new games and to test mechanics for AA4.
Tekken 8: Only played a bit of story mode.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Been slow going lately due to various reasons but I've picked up speed again and am in the final stretch of Sword and Fairy 7. Really solid experience all around and it's not too long either, I'm estimating I'll be done at around 30 hours. Good stuff!
Next week is also Lantern Rite update in Genshin with another gorgeous new area, so that will keep me busy for a while too. Last year's Lantern Rite event story was fantastic and they never miss when it comes to exploration so I have high hopes.

Last edited:

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
Coming to the end of The Talos Principle 2. I’ve completed every puzzle in the game, including the optional hard ones and all the star puzzles.

Just have to do the endgame puzzles now. Should be able to get that dusted off in time for Persona 3 Reload this Friday, and that’ll probably see me through to the end of February.

LionelInoe

Linux Advocate
Jul 13, 2022
I mentioned on my Mastodon that I've completed a playthrough of Final Fantasy V. I should really try to join in on the Four Job Fiesta at some point as I really do love the mechanics of the game and have never tried that run before. I think I know the game well enough at this point that the extra difficulty would be a nice change of pace. I did mod an easier blue magic learning system into the game because I didn't have the time to do the usual "Charm or Confuse the enemy until they do what I need them to do" strategy.

Looking to see what to play next, but otherwise I'm just grinding in Granblue Fantasy Versus: Rising.

Reactions: lashman and Cacher

The Dear Leader

MetaMember
Oct 19, 2018
Palworld continues to dominate most of my time, also finished out this season of Fortnite, got all the Peter Griffin drip which was vital to me.
A morbid part of me wants to buy Suicide Squad because I genuinely had a good time in the alpha tests I played, but it seems like it's gonna drop in price really soon so I should wait.

• Toucan
Reactions: Cacher and lashman

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Finished Sword & Fairy 7 just in time for Genshin tomorrow. I love it when a plan comes together.
Very solid game. Pretty, good music, story and characters, serviceable gameplay, not too long. Only the mediocre translation is a bummer.
Also was very surprised at how different the DLC is. It's effectively an extended version of the epilogue that caps the story off very nicely, but the gameplay is... puzzle-platforming with almost no combat. Not complaining, cause it's actually very good, but what an odd swerve.

Reactions: Cacher

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
I started playing Chorus (linked below since it's probably not that well known).

I've always liked the more arcade-y story-driven space combat genre (not so much the deep simulation like the X series), and there really hasn't been a lot of choice in that genre lately, so I've been interested in this game since it came out. It was on sale recently so I thought I'd give it a try. So far, I really like it. I was surprised that it's more "open world" than mission-based, but due to the potential for very fast travel speeds and lots of things to find it feels good.

The dogfights are great, and I even enjoy the story for what it is (basically, you are a former space cult member who knows space magic now fighting the cult while hiding your past). The game doesn't have much of the -- to me -- extraneous fluff that big-name space games are now always adding, like getting out of your ship. I assume this also very much helps with the budget, but I really don't miss it (if anything, I'd say it improves the pacing of the game).

Last edited:
  • This!
Reactions: Cacher and lashman