Discussion What are you currently playing? (Week 50: Dec 12th - Dec 18th, 2022)

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018
Late thread!

I'm still playing Persona 5 Royal, that game just keeps going lmao.

Powerwash Simulator keeps being the game that I go to when I want to relax or just listen to a podcast.

Bought Chained Echoes, so I hope to start it once I'm done with P5R, so I guess I'll give it more time just by the next year.

Dec 5, 2018
I finished Fire Emblem (Blazing Blade), I'm aware that there's another scenario but after googling a bit I'd be replaying the same game with a bit of extra story information, but since I can't carry anything It doesn't feel worth it.

I also started Romancing Saga 2. I get that this game was designed in an era when you were kind of expected to read a manual, so I ended up googling some mechanics to later realise that the game has a (very low res) manual on steam, which has some Amano art (which is cool).

So far, the game is cool, tho I think I've already locked myself of a possible party member by just exploring.

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Thanks for the new thread. Sorry guys I totally forgot to open a new thread. During the past two days my schedule was only work -> bed -> work. Worked from the morning till late night. Shit is slowly killing me.

Anyway, I am still playing Harvestella. Didn't have much progress in the main story but I put a bit of work into clearing side stories.

Also installed Midnight Sun onto my main rig and start over. Haven't played anything on the PC since getting the Deck, and game looks and runs really good on my old 1080 Ti.

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Shit is slowly killing me.
I know I've said it before, but do look after yourself. :flare_nekomimi:

Hope you can get some time off during Christmastime.

Personally, I'm looking forward to having a break, too. It would be nice not to have answered any work-related calls or going into meetings for a while.

Anyway.

Enjoying my time with Minstrel Song, which I think can go to my GOTY list. Still have to think about the other 2 entries, though. :flare_think:

Kind of hoping I could finish two more games before the year is done (or until MC GOTY deadline at least), Mahoyo and Star Ocean 6.

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
Same as last week, I'm mostly just thinking about playing games but not actually playing them.
:toucan:
Specifically, Darksiders 3 and Gun Gun Pixies are still in my "probably next" list at the moment, and continuing my no warp run for Super Mario Bros 2.

Did another attempt at the last hexpuzzler globe yesterday, another stupid mistake. :blobweary:

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
I started to play two new games this week. The first one is Celeste. Very fun platformer game, I can't believe that I didn't play it earlier :D
The second game isn't really a new game, just continued a game that started earlier this year but never finished, and it's Mega Man X8. I was already half done with the game, so I thought I just finish it before the year ends :) The game is not fun at all :(

I also occasionally play Nomad Survival.

I dropped Eldest Souls. I only had the final boss left, but for some reason I am locked from it. The door that opens the way to the final boss is blocked, it doesn't open anymore.. So I cannot finish the game...

Stevey

Gromlintroid
Dec 8, 2018
Im playing AC: Valhalla, Max Payne 2 and Diablo 2 Resurrected.

Only like 5 hours into Valhalla, but it's good so far.
Been so long since I've played MP2 that I can barely remember the story, D2 is ongoing :V

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
I clearly need to play the last hexpuzzler level in parts rather than try to do it in one go, evidently my brain just turns to mush after staring at those hexes for too long and I'm never going to finish it if I keep trying to do it this way.

Reactions: Cacher and lashman

MegaApple

Just another Video Game Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2018
Free Weekend of Assassin's Creed Valhalla.

Aggressively Mediocre

Remember how Assassin's Creed changed open-world games in AAA space? Witcher III took a lot of ideas from it for its gameplay, which is its weakest aspect IMO.

Now Ubi decided to copy Witcher III, without taking what made Witcher III great.
  • I played 5 hours of AC Origins, which was quite interesting with new setting, interesting story hook, progression and side activities/quests. But in the end, it felt like "I would rather be playing Witcher III instead".
  • I played 5-6 hours of AC Odyessy, which doubled down on the action-RPG aspect with loot drops and GRINDING. I was actually quite enamored by it, but in the end everything took time (traversal, progression, grinding)
As for AC Valhalla after 5 hours
  • Boring writing
  • No interesting story hooks
  • Traversal worse feeling than older RPG ACs
  • Extremely inconsistent difficulty
  • Extremely slow pace of gear pickup, abilities, progression in general
  • EVERYTHING TAKES SO MUCH TIME
And this is currently the TOP SELLING AC game of all time. It says a lot about players these days as much as the current state of the industry.

Also why is it 150GB?!