Q&A What old PC game from the 90's or the aughts would you like to see on Steam?

YourFriendMaynard

The flame is it's own reflection
Dec 21, 2018
Besides Crusader: No Remorse/No Regret and Alpha Centauri (both EA(n))

I would love to see this old PC combat flying sim MiG Alley and what not come to steam that'd rule

Also I'd love to see FreeSpace remastered on Steam as well with steam cheevos (I got it on GoG but that's different)

Wibblewozzer

Robot on the inside
Dec 6, 2018
I know it's not meant to be amazing but I'd snag a cheap copy of The Wheel of Time game if they put it up on Steam: The Wheel of Time (video game) - Wikipedia

I owned it not too long after it came out, let someone borrow it to install it, and never got it back so I barely played my copy. I think I got to the third level (after Shadar Logoth?). Mostly just want it for the novelty.

OP
YourFriendMaynard

YourFriendMaynard

The flame is it's own reflection
Dec 21, 2018
Honest to fucking god, the vietcong game they have on steam and the one I remember from yonder back are completely different and it absolutely blows my mind wtf

they should bring that entire game series to either GoG or Steam remastered holy fuck

and also the Vietcong game that is on Steam is EA and has a negative rating

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
Got SWAT 4 on GOG but would double dip if it ever comes to Steam. I'd also would be very interested in having SimCity 3K, BF Vietnam, Freedom Fighters, 007 Nightfire and Sims 2 on Steam but that won't happen. Now, four other games that I'm interested and can actually come to Steam some day are Civilization II, No One Lives Forever 1 & 2 and Age of Empires 1.

Deleted member 113

It's a little after the 90's, but I would love to see Freelancer on Steam. :love:
I periodically "hassle" people that work at Microsoft Games on twitter about it. Maybe one of these days it will happen. :giggle:

The No One Lives Forever series would be awesome as well.
I still have working copies of all 3 games on CD-Rom, but it would be great to have the game easily available to everyone.

I would also love to have a few games that are already available on GOG, like the Lands of Lore series, and Troika Game's The Temple of Elemental Evil, on Steam, for convenience.

And maybe a re-release of the Lemmings series?

Reactions: Milena and lashman

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
MechWarrior games which gog doesn't have. Mostly 4 & 2 in particular. Hopefully enhanced to play nice with modern OS/devices.

You can get a Freespace campaign remake/port/mod for your Freespace 2 which is on Steam. Use with Freespace Open/Knossos for best results I guess.

Last edited: