Opinion What's the weirdest/most OCD gaming related thing you do?

Shpeshal Nick

I see you on televishaaaan!
Sep 20, 2018
Melbourne
While I have a few, I don't think anything tops what I do with my 360 digital games.

Now, on the 360, the "My Games" section just kinda throws your 360 retail and 360 arcade games all together under the one banner. Now for normal people, this would be no big deal. But I'm not a normal person.

Basically, I use the pins section for all my 360 retail games as a way to "separate" them from the rest. Now...this in and of itself isn't all that strange. I rarely play my 360 arcade games so it kinda makes sense to find a way to separate them rather than sifting through the whole lot.

But here's where the OCD part kicks in. I have to have my pins in alphabetical order. Now on Xbox One, this is easy to do, you press "view" button and just move them around.

But of course, on 360, when you pin a game, it automatically places that pin last in the queue. So to get it in alphabetical order you have to move it to the front, then scroll across to the game that's before it in alphabetical order, move that one to the front, then scroll to the one before THAT in alphabetical order and move it to the front and so on and so forth. So when you have about 160 games and the next game you buy (or comes free with GwG) starts with the letter...say, T, you can be there a while scrolling, moving, scrolling, moving etc. etc.

Why do I do it? Because I"m a fucking idiot. That's why.

Last edited:

Schnitzelfee

Token German
Sep 6, 2018
Outer Space
Hm... The only gaming quirk I do is that ny games should run smooth aka 60+ fps... I hate stutter and tearing and stuff like that, luckily it's almost no problem at all since I own a gsync monitor. Even below 60 isn't a real problem with that thing.
I rather turn graphic quality down before compromising "that smoothness". And playing games at the full 144 fps is the best :p

That said I still would play a game locked at 30fps if I really wanna play it. It's not really a "OCD" thing, just a really strong preference

Nahkapukki

Finest Finn
Sep 7, 2018
The Iciest Hole
Don't particularly have any either. I used to be OCD in many things but I don't think any of it reached in to gaming. Tho I did have to scrounge all the question marks in Witcher 3. And in some games I totally have to make the protagonist look like me if possible. Best kind of power fantasy is the fantasy where I'm doing something else than shoes.

DriftedPlanet

Ash, I think something was in those sandwiches
Oct 27, 2018
Every time I fire a weapon/use anything with a reloadable clip I have to reload as soon as I stop firing. Doesn't feel right if I don't. It feels terrible when games have clips that they don't let you manually reload.

Saving as well. I always use at least 2 save file slots and alternate between them so I have a backup if the game breaks the save or I need to undo something. If there are tons of save slots I'll end up using 40 to 60, though when I play Elder Scrolls games I end up with literally 2000+ saves. It's definitely a weird OCD kinda gaming thing but it give me peace of mind.

Edit: Oh, and if I'm hype for a game I'll be browsing the wiki periodically when I'm off doing other things.

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Every time I fire a weapon/use anything with a reloadable clip I have to reload as soon as I stop firing. Doesn't feel right if I don't. It feels terrible when games have clips that they don't let you manually reload.
omg, i'm the same! it seriously fucks you over in simulation games where you throw away the rest of the magazine when reloading :p

Reactions: DriftedPlanet

Schnitzelfee

Token German
Sep 6, 2018
Outer Space
oh lol, that two are good ones... I do the same shit all the time...
it did cost my life a few times in PUBG cause I cant stop reloading after every few shots... I shoot, I reload in the middle of a fire fight cause out of habbit... I die :(

lol

and yeah, I always save all the time like every 5 minutes if possible on as many save slots as possible :D