News XIII REMAKE Announced

PossiblyPudding

sometimes a doctor of rhythm
Apr 17, 2019
I immediately thought this was about Final Fantasy for whatever reason and even as someone who didn't hate 13 my first thought was, "What?! Why?"

This is much better news. It has been a long time since I played XIII and I remember loving it.

Reactions: lashman

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Oh. Why isn't Ubisoft involved? I made sure to check the logos. Now I'm confused. The game was taken off gog so whoever published it there (was it Ubi?) lost the rights but I'd assume that means the novel rights they had to make and publish the game, not that they lost the rights to their own creation/content. I dunno.

Dinjoralo

None shall remember those who do not fight.
Dec 6, 2018
So, this is going to be Play-Magic's debut release? They could have picked a better name, but they definitely picked a good game.

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
So, will David Duchovny not suck if he's back for VO duties this time? Sounded like he was barely awake the entire time (about the same as his work in Area51 to be honest) during the original.

uraizen

Oct 7, 2018

OH MY FUCKING GOD OH MY FUCKING GOD

I FUCKING LOVED THIS GAME BACK THEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MAYBE WE'LL FINALLY GET A CONCLUSION ADJAIOPHAIOPGHAIOÜD

Releasing on all platforms apparently:
Home - PlayMagic
... So I should consider buying it?

I remember playing the demo of this back in the day. I hope it makes it to Steam.
Good question, I'll ask and see if they respond.

vonarth

Apr 18, 2019
I've got a copy of the original on GOG. I did start the game but never finished it for some reason (wasn't due to lack of enjoyment, probably just busy, forgot, or got occupied with another game).

Anyway, it's always nice to see older games, especially those that haven't been available at all digitally, get a makeover and re-release.

Aelphaeis Mangarae

MetaMember
Apr 21, 2019
The art style needs a bit of tweaking, IMO. It's a little bit too glossy and glowy. Otherwise, it looks solid. Hopefully it plays solid, too. One of the problems with XIII is that it was a relatively stodgy FPS in terms of pacing and encounter design.

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Yeah, tone down the glossiness and highlights and i think it would look much better too. I can see a ton of Reshade settings for the PC version being available so there's that at least.

Futaleufu

Laughing Chojin
Mar 14, 2019
Not bad at all. I remember this game being very orange so the remastering is being accurate.