News Yakuza Kiwami 2 rated for PC by ESRB

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
As the title says, Yakuza Kiwami 2 has been rated for PC by the ESRB, that means an announcement is coming sooner or later, it will probably release this year.

Deleted member 113

I'm glad to see it's coming. (y)

This is a good sign that we are getting further, if not all, entries in the series.

Reactions: Ascheroth

Deleted member 113

One step closer to Virtua Fighter 5 on PC (that's in Yakuza 6, keep porting these SEGA!). In this one we have Virtua Fighter 2 and Virtual On :)
SEGA is really leaving money on the table.

Despite the inclusion of these games inside the Yakuza games, I would easily buy them on Steam, as is (emulated copies, without any additions and options), if they sold them, just for convenience.

I really don't get why they are going all in on the Switch, releasing lovely emulated old console and arcade games with plenty of extras, while skipping PC and even the other consoles in the process. I mean, the other platforms got that compilation of games that had a lot of problems, but it's really not the same thing.
I would have guessed it would be in their interest to "exploit" these older games, by making them available on as many platforms as possible.

uraizen

Oct 7, 2018
Please let it be 60fps. I would be more confident if it didn't run on the new dragon engine. That's all I want to know.

Prodigy

Sleeper must awaken
Dec 9, 2018
Lmao, still working my way through 0. Already bought kiwami 1 just to support, and will also buy this day 1. By the time I finish 0 maybe they will all be released, bring it on.

Reactions: Deleted member 113

Deleted member 113

Lmao, still working my way through 0. Already bought kiwami 1 just to support, and will also buy this day 1. By the time I finish 0 maybe they will all be released, bring it on.
Yeah, I'm on the same boat. :giggle:

I finished Yakuza 1 and 2 on the PS2, but on PC, I started 0, and I ended up dropping it after 20 hours or so, due to lack of time, so I'm hoping in the Summer I may play through 0 and Kiwami, and catch up.

Reactions: Prodigy

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018
Hopefully it will release around the end the year, because I'm half away the first Kiwami.

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
It has it but I think it got it in a patch. Zero also got Ultrawidescreen in the latest patch as well. I mean, who am I kidding, I'll grab the title anyway. It's one of my favorite series in gaming plus PC goodness (and cheats :p).
ahhh ... in that case 2 will probably have it out of the box then ... i'd be surprised if it didn't tbh

StereoVSN

Apr 7, 2019
Oh, I am sure they will. However, they have been pretty decent at patching things up afterwards. Also, Yakuza 2 (and Kiwami 2) is my favorite second game in the entire series including spin-offs (behind 0) so I'll grab it even though I already have it on PS4 (digital and physical) and finished it... I am a bit of a fan you might say (imported bunch from Japan even during the dark time and it gave me impetus to learn Japanese).

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018
The two dragon engine games brought a lot of needed improvements but I'm not exaggerating when I say it has some of the worst image quality I've seen this gen. I'm not even that sensitive to jaggies but the engine definitely needs some really strong AA applied so that alone makes me excited for the PC version. Add in 60fps and higher res support (pretty sure they were 1080p even on ps4 Pro) and it'll be perfect.

Deleted member 113

they are doing it too fast
It's still better that it's too fast, than it'd be if they released these titles too spaced out, because it would take years for us to catch up with the series. ;)

I will happily continue to pre-order these Yakuza PC ports, despite still not finishing Yakuza 0. :)
OK, in my defence, I finished Yakuza and Yakuza 2 on the PS2 (I actually bought the console just to play the series :p).

Reactions: lashman and prudis

Deleted member 113

Well, I didn't even wait for Voidu, Fanatical's price is pretty good, so I already pre-ordered it. This is a series that, despite me being behind a bit in terms of completing the PC releases, I have no hesitations in pre-ordering the games as soon as they are up. :)

I mean, I bought a PS2, very late in its life, just to play Yakuza (and then Yakuza 2), so this ends up being quite a bit cheaper. :giggle: