|OT| Yakuza Remastered Collection & Yakuza 6: Song of Life - The Dragon of Dojima saga on PC/Xbox

BO7AMMOOD

Lucas isn't sure what to do anymore
Apr 18, 2019
FINALLY! Now I can finally resume playing this series. Glad I held off on playing Like a Dragon despite how tempting it was! More of this please

• This!
Reactions: Cacher

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
Playing Kiwami 2 and I prefer the new engine, so I am looking forward to the episode nĀ°6 in particular.

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
New engine? so the game looks better compared to Kiwami 1? :)
I have not played Kiwami 1, but as far as I understand, yes.
Episode 6 introduced a new game engine, and Kiwami 1 was released before episode 6, while Kiwami 2 was released after episode 6.

As you can see below, Kiwami 1 was available on PS3.

Reference: Yakuza (series) - Wikipedia

ganmo

My Neighbour Totoro
Dec 10, 2018
I have not played Kiwami 1, but as far as I understand, yes.
Episode 6 introduced a new game engine, and Kiwami 1 was released before episode 6, while Kiwami 2 was released after episode 6.

As you can see below, Kiwami 1 was available on PS3.

Reference: Yakuza (series) - Wikipedia
that's interesting. I just played 0 and Kiwami 1.
I am going to play Kiwami 2 eventually though. But I'm wondering is it still going to play out in Kamurocho, or will they be in some other fictional area this time? :unsure: minor spoiler, or just yes or no is a sufficient answer for me ^^

Reactions: lashman

xinek

ę—„ęœ¬čŖžćŒč‹¦ę‰‹
Apr 17, 2019
After anticipating these announcements and being disappointed so many times, it's crazy they were just slapped onto some weird Xbox sizzle reel at TGA. But I'll take it!

• This!
Reactions: prudis and lashman

fokkusu

Burn baby burnšŸ”„šŸŽµ
Dec 9, 2018
Last edited:

BlackRainbowFT

Mouse Accelerated Member
Apr 17, 2019
Switzerland
A'ight.

I'm playing Y4 and I'm not really enjoying it all that much. The pacing is terrible, every time you're introduced to a new character it feels like you're starting over (and, in my opinion, the beginning is always the least interesting part of any of the Yakuza I've played)... For some reason I've avoided most substories (in the back of my mind I think I'm waiting for the game to actually "open up", to be able to switch between character... note: I've just switched to Kiryu... I don't even know if it's a thing or if I'll have to wait after having unlocked Premium Adventure).

Gameplay-wise, sneaking around with Saejima was really tedious and Tanimura "went-overboard-with-botox-injections" Masayoshi can jump off a cliff for all I care. On a positive note Akiyama is extremely likeable (S-tier rank Ć  la Kiryu, Majima and Ichiban) and I hope he's part of Y5 and Y6's cast (I don't remember seeing in him in Y:LAD... I really really hope they didn't kill him off).

Overall on a scale from Kuze looking bored to Kuze riding a motorcycle, I give Y4 a: