Yes, Your Grace - a game from Brave at Night
Publisher No More Robots and developer Brave at Night have announced Yes, Your Grace, a kingdom management game coming first to PC via Steam in April or May 2020, followed later for Xbox One and Switch.
This is Davern, and you are its King. Famine and pestilence are spreading throughout the nation, and war cannot be far behind. In Yes, Your Grace you must lead your people through this darkness and into a brighter future, transforming potential chaos into lasting order.
In this kingdom management RPG, petitioners will arrive in the throne room each turn to ask for your advice and assistance. Decide whether to help them with their problems, or to conserve resources for more important matters. Remember: supplies are limited, and not everyone has the kingdom’s best interests at heart...
- Listen to petitioners each turn and decide who needs your support every day, from pig farmers to potion sellers.
- Consequences to each choice, from dealing with your family about their personal problems to each peasant that drops by and decide upon their fate.
- Hire Generals, Witches and Hunters to aid your efforts.
- Prepare for battle and make alliances by satisfying the whims of lords and kings.
- Follow the stories of the quirky and determined characters that visit your halls.
- Colorful cast of characters, with each of their needs different from the last.
- Deeply human stories within your own family and beyond.
- Six to eight-hour story filled with meaningful choices.
Yes, Your Grace tells a tale of Davern, a medieval kingdom ruled by King Eryk. The game is set in a fictional world where monsters and arcane practices inspired by Slavic folklore are the order of the day. Villagers will ask for your help with various problems, from monsters attacking the village to a lack of places to relax and enjoy themselves. Some will bring humour to your throne room and some will present you with difficult choices. Your family is important too, and throughout your time as King, you will have to support them in their struggles.
You will face lords with a variety of personalities; you will need their support in order to win an upcoming battle, but some may ask you to perform dirty deeds to cement the alliance. One thing is clear: It won’t be easy to keep everyone happy...
- Every day your people will gather in the throne room looking for guidance, support, and supplies. From peasants with lost pigs to Lords with peculiar tastes, your gold will not stretch to everyone and everything. There are deals to be found but beware, not everyone has the Kingdom’s best interests at heart!
- Rebuild your castle, build your troops, and keep your family safe in the impending war. Defenses cost gold, be they generals or ballistae for the castle walls, and everyone visiting will want something/ Improving your castle may be costly, but it’ll be vital to fight back the encroaching darkness.
- Balance the whims of your family, as well as the Lords of your Kingdom. Feuds are plenty, but without the support of the local Lords you’ll lack gold, troops, and most importantly the supplies to keep your people from starving. Broker deals and invite the fortunate few to your castle, if you feel they can be loyal!