|OT| Zenless Zone Zero | Welcome to New Eridu!

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018

About

Official Website: Zenless Zone Zero Officially Releases on July 4 on All Platforms
Developer: Hoyoverse
Publisher: Hoyoverse
Release Date: July 4th 2024
Platforms: PC (Standalone Launcher), Android, iOS, PS5

Zenless Zone Zero is an Urban Fantasy Action RPG set in New Eridu, the last city on Earth after supernatural disasters called Hollows started appearing out of thin air and caused the destruction of almost all civilzation.
Players assume the role of a "Proxy" who guides agents in exploring the disordered dimensions within these Hollows.

Launch Trailer

Coffee Ad (because they can)

Official Gameplay

Gameplay

New Eridu serves as a hub area, from which players have access to various shops, build Trust with their favorite agents, do side quests, find collectibles, play mini-games in the arcade, etc.

From there they take on missions about exploring these hollows. This is either done in full 3d maps, or in the so called "HDD" - Hollow Disk Drive - where maps are presented in an abstract, TV-themed grid that contain different puzzles, challenges, events and combat.

In combat, players field 3 agents and 1 Bangboo ("pet"-like robot companion).

Players attack enemies with various abilities to fill their Daze gauge while dodging and parrying the attacks, which allows them to unleash powerful chain attacks.
Additionally there is an elemental system (called Anomalies) that triggers special effects if enemies are attacked often enough with an element.

Playable Characters

More Stuff

Pre-Release Special Program

Creators Roundtable with Street Fighter 6

Live Action Trailer

Character Teasers

Character Trailers

Pre-Release Web-Event: Stock Up - Zenless Zone Zero Prize Event

Last edited:

Dandy

Bad at Games.
Apr 17, 2019
Great OT, spindoctor!

Looks great Ascheroth!

I'm excited to try ZZZ, though I'm still not sure if it will be something I like. A big part of that will depend on if they release any characters I like.

OP
Ascheroth

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
In hindsight I'm glad they had the livestream this close to release instead of 1 month before like Star Rail did it, cause the wait would have been way worse :cold-sweat:

I'm very excited - was a bit bummed when they showed the 2 Sons of Calydon girls cause I thought it was gonna be 1.1 banners already, but they revealed quite a few new characters in the stream I like, so that's good. But ngl, the trailer/music video was what won me over immediately xD
Very curious about the story and also how the updates are gonna look like.

I expect it to be "smaller/more niche" than both Genshin and Star Rail. But it still oozes style and has small details everywhere.

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Thanks for the OT, Ascheroth.

I fell off Wuthering Waves after a few days because despite a new game, I feel like I've played it too many times before. Let's see if ZZZ can give me a fresh experience. Game looks good and unique, but it's the gameplay loop that make it break it for me.