News A Hat in Time - Nyakuza Metro + Online Party DLC

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018

I enjoyed this game a lot, but I'm particularly impressed by their post-release support.

Basically, with this DLC, you get a large amount of quality gameplay content, a completely new mode, and also various bits and pieces, for 5.69€.

That's about as much as you spend on 2 stickers and an emote in some random "GAAS" game.

OP
Durante

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
And it's also free for Kickstarter backers.
It's nice to see when KS successes really go above and beyond for their backers, like in this case or for Hollow Knight: Silksong.

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
And it's also free for Kickstarter backers.
It's nice to see when KS successes really go above and beyond for their backers, like in this case or for Hollow Knight: Silksong.
yeah ... it might not exactly be super-expensive (the DLC) ... but it's still a nice gesture when they give stuff like that to backers (even though they don't have to)

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
I'll wait to see the quality, even if the online mode sounds fun.

The last free DLC was absolute trash, one of the worst DLCs I've ever seen in a platformer.
... but to be honest that seems to be part of the genre now, when you look at what even Mario Odyssey managed to defecate as DLC.

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Poi is my favorite indie 3D platformer. Followed by Skylar & Plux even though I didn't initially find it looking very appealing. I was super hyped for a Hat in Time but I couldn't get into it. I've heard nothing from Poi's developer beyond the console ports that were churned out, I hope he's working on a sequel too :)

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Poi is my favorite indie 3D platformer. Followed by Skylar & Plux. I was super hyped for a Hat in Time but I couldn't get into it in the end.

I've heard nothing from Poi's developer beyond the console ports that were churned out later on, I hope he's working on a sequel too.
omg, yes ... Poi is AMAZING!!!

Reactions: Alextended

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Any chance someone has any tips on modding the game? I know there is a mod guide on Steam community, but I am in particular concerned about modding audio and voice lines.