News A MetaCouncil Exclusive: Upcoming Epic Game Store Releases Part 3

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
Gonna put out a crazy wild guess and assume almost all of these if not all will be free. Good thing I already own them all.

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
Not the Torchlight devs as well... Damn it! 😠
Gonna put out a crazy wild guess and assume almost all of these if not all will be free. Good thing I already own them all.
Yeah and the next game of these devs will be EGS exclusive 😞

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Rayman 3 being on GOG, Uplay and now EGS but not Steam is ridiculous at this point.
half of the Settlers collection isn't on steam either ... they never bothered putting the remaining games up on steam ... but they did "update" the ones that are on steam to use udontplay ... so they're completely fucked up now as well

thanks, ubi ...

Reactions: Arsene

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Justified on having Ubi on ban for as long as they associate with EGS.
well, i mean ... it's not like they'll be back to steam ... when they finally stop taking Tim's cash - they'll just go full udontplay

m_dorian

Ούτις
May 22, 2019
well, i mean ... it's not like they'll be back to steam ... when they finally stop taking Tim's cash - they'll just go full udontplay
I think they will happily show their face again when the Epic shitshow is over and pretend nothing have happened possibly followed with gifts.
"Timeo Ubisoft et dona ferentes."

We are going to enjoy a lot of shameless u-turns, i predict.

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
I think they will happily show their face again when the Epic shitshow is over and pretend nothing have happened possibly followed with gifts.
"Timeo Ubisoft et dona ferentes."

We are going to enjoy a lot of shameless u-turns, i predict.
i honestly don't think they'll do that

like, i'm definitely not expecting The Division 2 on steam in March 2020 ... it wouldn't even make any sense to put that game on steam 12 months later - with all the live events and shit not being there anymore (not to mention people buying it on steam being SEVERELY underlevelled compared to people who have been playing it for 12 months)

same for pretty much all their service games ... even stuff like AssCreed - even that has live events and shit (and i'm sure Wash_Doge 3 will have those as well)

m_dorian

Ούτις
May 22, 2019
I think we are going to see many "Steam editions" from the lost sheep that are going to see the light again.

"We always considered Steam as our ideal partner. All you people are making us feel very welcomed. GO STEAM."

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
I think we are going to see many "Steam editions" from the lost sheep that are going to see the light again.

"We always considered Steam as our ideal partner. All you people are making us feel very welcomed. GO STEAM."
all the other "egsclusive" publishers and devs? yeah, sure ... i can totally see all those games on steam after the 12 months are up

ubi, though - i seriously doubt they'll be back ... sadly :( (sadly because it means i won't be buying ubi games anymore ... which sucks because i really like most of their games)

Reactions: m_dorian

m_dorian

Ούτις
May 22, 2019
I think i ll try to circumvent this problem by buying from legit keysellers.

My main concern is that arseholes and arsehole associates don't get my money.
So, buying from a key vendor kinda of satisfies my concern. Getting the game under a legitimate method at a far better price while not directly giving them my money.

It is not exactly boycott but for those precious few titles i want to get, i think it is an option.

I am eyeing Anno 1800, and i would have bought it from Uplay if they haven't been doing business with Sweeney but, as good as they say the game is, is not of those precious few so it is on hold.

Reactions: lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
I think i ll try to circumvent this problem by buying from legit keysellers.

My main concern is that arseholes and arsehole associates don't get my money.
So, buying from a key vendor kinda of satisfies my concern. Getting the game under a legitimate method at a far better price while not directly giving them my money.

It is not exactly boycott but for those precious few titles i want to get, i think it is an option.

I am eyeing Anno 1800, and i would have bought it from Uplay if they haven't been doing business with Sweeney but, as good as they say the game is, is not of those precious few so it is on hold.
i don't own a single ubi game on udontplay ... and i own every single one (that ever was on steam, that is)

and i certainly don't plan on changing that ... key sellers or not ... that's EXACTLY what ubi want - to herd all steam people to udontplay, like cattle

they wanted to ditch steam for a loooong time now ... and Tim only gave them a perfect excuse (and literally paid them a shitload of money to do it)

m_dorian

Ούτις
May 22, 2019
I mostly prefer GOG because of no DRM but i also have a nice Steam library while i tent to buy Ubi games from Uplay because i want them separate. I have very few games on Origin (mostly Bioware) and the usual Batlenet launcher.
I do take advantage of EGS free games - the single good thing Epic did for me was the Subnautica introduction- but i am not givng them a single dime.
If XBOX game pass becomes a solid service i ll jump right in to try the exclusives EGS blocks on steam.

Reactions: lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
I mostly prefer GOG because of no DRM but i also have a nice Steam library while i tent to buy Ubi games from Uplay because i want them separate. I have very few games on Origin (mostly Bioware) and the usual Batlenet launcher.
I do take advantage of EGS free games - the single good thing Epic did for me was the Subnautica introduction- but i am not givng them a single dime.
If XBOX game pass becomes a solid service i ll jump right in to try the exclusives EGS blocks on steam.
oh, i don't just use steam ... not at all :p

i have like 300 games on gog ... and probably around 20-30 on origin (so basically all of the noteworthy ones, lol)

don't have a bnet account because lol, blizzard

but yeah - as far as ubi go - they used to offer all their games on steam ... so that's where i bought ALL their games ... if they want me to continue buying their shit - i want to have all ubi games in one place, the same place i have all the previous ones ... if they won't do that - then i won't buy any more games from them ... it's really as simple as that for me ... i can live without their games (even though i REALLY like them ... especially AssCreed)