News A MetaCouncil Exclusive: Upcoming Epic Game Store Releases

StereoVSN

Apr 7, 2019
Ok u must admit I came into the thread with fire šŸ”„ in my eyes :p.

Great list by Epic there. Yay curation.

Reactions: lashman

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Well if they want to do a proper store it's good they allow games that aren't exclusive (or aren't there as freebies in light of upcoming sequels). Still non news. Still anti indie as long as even one indie dev is rejected with whatever reasoning even though their game isn't illegal or whatever. Like Assault Android Cactus. Still needs to have a proper store page like every other storefront rather than dump everything in a single page as of now and somehow get praised still.

Edit: so World of Goo was for it to become a freebie after all, next in line after Transistor, makes sense.

Last edited:

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
It'd be great if they made public the criteria they use to determine what is eligible for the store. then again, all stores should let us peak behind that curtain

sauce

Babushkats
Dec 3, 2018
World of Goo got confirmed today, so that just makes me wonder if those devs have something in the works that EGS picked up.

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Epic is still courting the 2009-2012 indie success stories. The indie devs who need the most help /s.

I won't be surprised when the next Tomorrow Corp game is an EGS exclusive.
at this point - yeah, i'd say 99% chance

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Add J Blow's next game to the list. He must've sacrificed his second child to the Epic gods for a spot.

That's how it works right? If your new thing isn't ready to be shown, you're given an early spot if you send your old game to the free giveaway zone.

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Add J Blow's next game to the list. He must've sacrificed his second child to the Epic gods for a spot.

That's how it works right? If your new thing isn't ready to be shown, you're given an early spot if you send your old game to the free giveaway zone.
pretty much, yeah

sauce

Babushkats
Dec 3, 2018
if i had time i'd scrape the most wishlisted games on steam page and see if they had an egs listing for them

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
I like how they've talked against sales (clearly because some people enjoy the Steam sales) over devaluing games.

Because if I go "I'll wait for a sale" it's so much worse than going all "I'll wait for it to be free on Plus/Gold/EGS" >_>

Reactions: Dandy

RionaaM

Vogon Poetry Appreciator
Sep 6, 2018
Epic is still courting the 2009-2012 indie success stories. The indie devs who need the most help /s.

I won't be surprised when the next Tomorrow Corp game is an EGS exclusive.
Phil Fish will uncancel Fez 2 and release it on EGS only.

I'll stream the OST on Google Play Music.

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
Now Biomutant?
sigh I should start preparing myself for Mechwarrior 5 being taken away from me this year too.
Mech 2: Mercenaries 2 is one of my most beloved games of all times. Not gonna lie, if it happens my heart will be broken.

Ex-User (119)

Oct 19, 2018
Such as? D:

And how do you know this? šŸ¤”

Ok, without giving too much to potentially jeopardise yourself of course
Im under nda so honestly can't say much but few months ago they asked titan quest community to apply for a test they are doing. Im one of few who got accepted. Im allowed to say that much but nothing else :D

There's obviously quite a few important people involved :D

Recrees

Dec 31, 2018
Czechia
Biomutant really doesn't surprise me at all...but It's a shame, I really liked how the game looked.

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Griftlands (Klei) looks to be one of the exclusives as well

madjoki said it suddenly went pretty damn quiet (package activity) after being very busy for a good while

which might mean they stopped integrating and testing steamworks stuff (so they don't need to update the packages any more)

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
Why do devs hate the customer's money all of a sudden? Even squeenix was the one to talk about how PC is about long-term sales.
They don't, they just want both: Our and Epics money. Nobody knows if they would have made more money from costumers by not going third party exclusive. Nobody knows how much money Epic is paying them and at what point everything breaks even or swings to one side or the other. Especially as long term sells are important and their game starts hitting other stores after a year.
Most people, probably, really don't care and the EGS is just another free client to them. A small hurdle to overcome to be able to play a game they like.
Most journalists are as uninformed and naive as it gets and only echo the "it's just a free client" rhetoric, they even sometimes play dump when directly confronted or play the "it's just a toxic, loud minority" card.
Influencers are also rather shy about the topic, because nobody want to loose that early access to codes and promotions.
It's all f* up.

Reactions: LEANIJA

undu

Mar 17, 2019
That'd be really sad. I've enjoyed very much their Linux Support for a long time.

uraizen

Oct 7, 2018
They don't, they just want both: Our and Epics money. Nobody knows if they would have made more money from costumers by not going third party exclusive. Nobody knows how much money Epic is paying them and at what point everything breaks even or swings to one side or the other. Especially as long term sells are important and their game starts hitting other stores after a year.
Most people, probably, really don't care and the EGS is just another free client to them. A small hurdle to overcome to be able to play a game they like.
Most journalists are as uninformed and naive as it gets and only echo the "it's just a free client" rhetoric, they even sometimes play dump when directly confronted or play the "it's just a toxic, loud minority" card.
Influencers are also rather shy about the topic, because nobody want to loose that early access to codes and promotions.
It's all f* up.
I wasn't being 100% serious, but I feel those defending it are the same people who will never buy anything from it. So I know they're at least getting Epic's money, but how much are they really getting from customers?

NOOOOO!

NOT KLEI!!!!
The same ones who Valve thanked this year for helping them test out their new servers with Don't Start Together? Well... that's awkward.