|OT| Anime Figurine Collections | Plastic Love

OP
NarohDethan

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019

Quite possibly the most beautiful Miku statue I've ever seen.

zoku88

Mar 8, 2022
Is Prime 1 Studio a new company? Their Milim figure looks interesting, but it seems like they have never released anything, so no track record.

EDIT: I actually searched for Prisma Wing, which is the product line, I guess. Now I feel dumb.

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Is Prime 1 Studio a new company? Their Milim figure looks interesting, but it seems like they have never released anything, so no track record.

EDIT: I actually searched for Prisma Wing, which is the product line, I guess. Now I feel dumb.
Yeah, Prisma Wing is a new brand from Prime 1. They announced so many figures in the last few months it's crazy considering how expensive figure production is. Making expensive statues for luxury customers (Prime 1 main business) is a very different thing from mass producing figures for the relatively commoners.

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Those that can speak Japanese and have an interest in VTubers may like this.
KSON has built a lot of Gunpla on camera and this is part 1 of her building the biggest gunpla?
KSON does speak fluent English but mostly the commentary will be JP.

She's currently streaming Part 2.

Holy Crap, it's a grand!
Amazon product

Last edited:

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Read this twitter thread then check out his new stuff and then Imagine tech like this on your GunPla!

• Gib
Reactions: Cacher

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
If some of you are interested in getting into plastic model, I really recommend the Guilty Princess line from Max Factory. Ppretty simple built but looks good out of the box and has enough optional faces and hands for posing.

And you can always do custom paint and get more optional parts if you want to dive deeper.

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
So, this is not a good starter set then?

I kid, i kid! It was shown in a stream i watched, $1,700 is a bit much for a starter!

• Toucan

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
So, this is not a good starter set then?

I kid, i kid! It was shown in a stream i watched, $1,700 is a bit much for a starter!
Doll is another beast that I wouldn't touch...

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
I usually post only on Steam thread but today I took some pictures of my dragonball SHFiguarts. (I have other collections like fate and dai no daibouken figures), but this is my full Akira Toriyama collection ^^.

I will post my other collections time to time : D
Holy shit what a collection. Amazing. DB figure collection is endless haha

I also got myself a new toy yesterday. Haven't gotten anything new for a long time, so I was very happy to get her. Already finished the main body. She has some of the best articulations I have ever found on a action figure although she is a plastic model. Going to slowly progress through the armor and weapon later.

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
I just preordered my beloved 💞😍💕 MAKIMOMMY 💞😍💕

DAISUUUUUUKIIIIII

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Mecha Smile Impact today. The 2022 one had some really great announcements. Exciting to see what are coming.

Last edited:
Reactions: ExistentialThought

SaberVS7

Average Date a Live Enjoyer
Jan 23, 2020
I'm a simple man, I see Date a Live, I buy

Also comes with a swappable yandere-face. I really need to diversify my figure buying though. Want some Tobiichi Origami figures, but every time I go to Kinokuniya the only Date a Live stuff I see in the figures section is Kurumi figures. A lot of different variants of Kurumi figures. The rifle was a bitch to get slotted into the stand >_> and basically needed to get it at a Goldilocks Angle for it to stay standing up since it doesn't really so much "slot in" as it does get put in at an angle where theoretically gravity will keep it in place.

Threw in this Homura for shits and giggles.

EDIT:

Damn, Inverse Origami 1/7 goes for like $1,000 on the secondhand market, and anything cheaper than that seems to be counterfeit repros of incredibly bad quality. Yeah, sounds like that's one I missed the boat on since I only got into Date a Live after the third season of the anime aired and that figure was in production.

Guess I'll wait-and-see if Goodsmile ends up making any Origami 1/7s in the future. I see they made a Nendoroid one of her last year at least, but it seems that the majority of Goodsmile's DAL stuff is Kurumi and Tohka.

Last edited:

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Nice get!

Prisma Wing is making a Hoshimiya but that one has an astronomical price for being a 1/7. Never read or watched DAL... I guess Kurumi is a character like Ryza or Rem from Re:Zero: they have a very dedicated fanbase and they just keep buying these figures. There's a nice prize figure of her in swimsuit. Saw the figure in person and I thought it is really good for the price.

SaberVS7

Jan 23, 2020
Nice get!

Prisma Wing is making a Hoshimiya but that one has an astronomical price for being a 1/7. Never read or watched DAL... I guess Kurumi is a character like Ryza or Rem from Re:Zero: they have a very dedicated fanbase and they just keep buying these figures. There's a nice prize figure of her in swimsuit. Saw the figure in person and I thought it is really good for the price.
tl;dr basically the Deuteragonist of the story who's introduction rapidly shifts the tone of the plot away from "Ok so this is just Harem LN #900133742069 and- OH FUCK" right at the point Average Joe would be about to write-off the story as just another one of those stories where some Loser Audience Insert somehow becomes a Giga-Chad.

Don't want to spoil more than that - Honestly you should read Date a Live though, the first three seasons of the anime are not particularly good adaptations (The third season is probably one of JC Staff's more infamous misses next to Tsukihime) due to Flanderization, Condensation (Some entire volumes became single episodes), and Filler because the anime started production pretty much immediately when the first volume of the LN released and there was no clear direction established yet for the story. It was only with the fourth season where a dream-team and budget got put together to properly adapt the LN. Honestly the first twelve volumes really deserve the FMA Brotherhood treatment.

Anyway Volumes 1 through 7 are officially translated and you can find them at basically any bookstore, and Volume 8 comes out in a week; Yen Press seems to be keeping a good pace with their translations and the quality is better than existing FanTLs.

The LN is actually really good, but the anime of the first twelve volumes really suffered due to being from the era of Kadokawa assembly-lining anime adaptations of everything they published.

• Comfy

SaberVS7

Jan 23, 2020
Well, circumstances brought me to Kinokuniya again (Plus Date a Live Volume 8 EN TL just dropped and the other connoisseurs in my area bought all the copies that the local Barnes and Noble got) so I guess I decided to buy myself a figure while I was there and this Tohka acrylic that had been sitting there for a few months untouched.

Also, this cursed fucking thing is still there. I first saw this six months ago with that 30% off tag and it seems no one has dipped their hand in the honeypot yet. To the FBI agent managing this sting operation, it might be time to bump it to 40% off.

Anyway I remembered there was a Nendoroid Tobiichi Origami so I decided to buy that online - Saw a Tohka Figma is up for preorder so I decided to jump for that too. God I hope a new 1/7th Devil Origami is in the cards sometime soon, because I looked into the previous one that another company made and there are none of it to go around south of $1,000 - Anything cheaper than that appears to be a low-quality counterfeit. I see I said that last time.

(Date a Live Vol. 10/Season 3 spoiler)

...Also I noticed OP is banned... When did that happen? 0_0

Last edited:
  • Gib

SaberVS7

Jan 23, 2020
It arrived.

(Honestly, IDK if it's even worth spoiler-tagging anymore?)

(Jesus, the arms on this thing were annoying to set up)

...Anyway I'm going to go back to praying for a new run of a Devil Origami figure - It's painful seeing that my only choice for that is forking $1,000 for a pre-owned one, or risking a crappy counterfeit if I dip anywhere below that mark. Unfortunately apart from this Nendoroid, it seems like Tohka and Kurumi figures are the only ones really being made regularly.

Last edited:
  • Gib

SaberVS7

Jan 23, 2020
Found this at Kinokuniya right as I was about to settle for just buying some manga this time since I didn't see any Gunpla I was interested in this time, looked up out of random chance and saw this on the top-shelf above my head. Decided to move the cheaper figures down to the lower shelves to make way for the 1/7ths

Probably going to have a moratorium on buying figures for now after this, thinking about moving into a place with a slight bump in rent.

Last edited:

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Bandai turning all 26 members from Idolmaster Shiny Colors into plastic model kits... WTF

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Dang!!!!!!!!!

I paid less than $150USD shipped for mine back when it released. Well I pre-ordered mine.

I still remember that one Image of that one individual that licked her foot off or something else crazy like that. I think it was that he would suck the higher foot and it eventually broke off.

LRB1983

🎥 アダルトビデオ
Oct 8, 2021
x.com
Finally the last Prisma☆Illya nendoroid arrived.

Chloe ^^.
I still have some pre-ordered Nendos to arrive from other franchises but I really don't care so much about them xD. those are the ones I really wanted.

• Disapproval
Reactions: PC-tan and Cacher