|OT| Apple Corner | I like MacBooks and I cannot lie.

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
I don't know what they could announce that would make me want to spend money right now.

OP
NarohDethan

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
I wonder if youtube people will make shit like, TESTING APPLE WATCH CRASH DETECTION *fucking dies in a car crash

• Sad
Reactions: Le Pertti
OP
NarohDethan

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
This shit is boring, enough with the Watch already

C-Dub

Dec 23, 2018
iPhone 14 Pro looks neat, but not neat enough for me to give up my 13.

Reactions: NarohDethan

C-Dub

Dec 23, 2018
I left the vice-like grip of Apple about 3 years ago. I lasted roughly 2 before I’d had enough of Windows and Android and went back.

If I had/wanted to leave Apple’s ecosystem again, I think I could rock some Linux variant as my writing PC assuming I could get Scrivener to work. But there’s no way I’m using an Android device again.

C-Dub

Dec 23, 2018
I don't think the Ultra Watch is for anyone but extreme sports people. If you're into that sort of thing it’s actually competitively priced and has more functionality than similar products by Garmin and such.

For most people, the SE is a perfectly good watch and will do everything they need it to. Watch Series 8 is nice, but functionally it’s not much better than the SE.

OP
NarohDethan

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
Happy iOS16 day, it's been 3 hours trying to update this fucking thing.

• Gib

Satori

Apr 5, 2022
Sweden
Ngl.. i might upgrade to iPhone 13 or something if i find a good deal when my current phone is ready to be retired. (I currently have a iPhone SE)
I have absolutly no need for the latest and greatest.
All i use my phone for is Podcasts, health and random apps. I never game on it.

Downloading iOS 16 now. totally forgot it was out. i had not even installed 15.7.. oops :face-with-open-mouth-and-cold-sweat:😅

C-Dub

Dec 23, 2018
Ngl.. i might upgrade to iPhone 13 or something if i find a good deal when my current phone is ready to be retired. (I currently have a iPhone SE)
I have absolutly no need for the latest and greatest.
All i use my phone for is Podcasts, health and random apps. I never game on it.

Downloading iOS 16 now. totally forgot it was out. i had not even installed 15.7.. oops :face-with-open-mouth-and-cold-sweat:😅
I think 15.7 came out yesterday too. It’s for devices that cannot update to iOS 16 (or people who do not want to update yet).

It’s by and large a security update.

Reactions: Satori

C-Dub

Dec 23, 2018
Apple Arcade never really appealed to me, to be honest. Some good games on there, yes, but not enough to keep a subscription running.

And Apple knows it too, or they’d sell the games on Arcade standalone and let the value of the sub speak for itself.

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Apple Arcade never really appealed to me, to be honest. Some good games on there, yes, but not enough to keep a subscription running.

And Apple knows it too, or they’d sell the games on Arcade standalone and let the value of the sub speak for itself.
I don't really play the games on Mac, but I play some of the games on my phone. I think if I didn't have my xbox and game pass I would play on my Mac a lot more.

I pay for the apple one subscription, for for me it feels worth it since I have music and TV too, all in all its good.

OP
NarohDethan

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
Recently, if I move my phone while charging it stops the charge or a second or so. Does this happens to anyone else? I already swapped the cable so I'm guessing the port is dirty or something.

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Yeah same happens to me, it’s just the port that sucks, like when using lightning AirPods , the amount of times it cuts the music from movement drove me crazy.

(it was the same with type c on my android)

C-Dub

Dec 23, 2018
Lightning port can be cleaned quite easily. Blast it with compressed air, and that usually does the trick.

Failing that, wedge something up there that’s anti-static and won’t damage the physical connectors of the ports and physically scoop the gunk out.

All sorts of crap gets up in there. For iPhones its normally lint from your pockets.

OP
NarohDethan

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
Did anyone else get a 'Update Apple ID Settings' notification

C-Dub

Dec 23, 2018
The iPad Pro M1 is an amazing device. Unless you have very specific needs for a computer, it’s a perfectly good laptop replacement these days.

In my dream setup, I use an M2 iPad Pro 12.9” with the Magic Keyboard as my portable daily driver, and then get the highest-end Mac mini/Studio as my desktop daily driver.

For content consumption, I think I prefer smaller screens these days, so I’d either get a big-ass iPhone or buy an iPad mini for that.

C-Dub

Dec 23, 2018
I'm not a discerning photographer so I'd probably be fine with whatever's on offer in the 6.1" Pro phone.

That said, if I was given the budget for new Apple devices the iPhone and Watch would be the bottom of my list because at this point I don't see any new features on the Watch which appeal to me, and I'm waiting for the USB-C iPhones.

• Eyes

C-Dub

Dec 23, 2018
I haven’t been too impressed with Stage Manager on iPadOS. There’s only so many times you can configure a swipe from right gesture to do different things and I think Apple has taken it a step too far.

Every time I go to do it my app interprets me doing something else. Like Safari going back a page. It’s pretty ill conceived on iPad.

• Eyes