News AQUAPLUS Announced New Utawarerumono Title (Full title and release date TBA)

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Aquaplus has announced the latest entry in the Utawarerumono series, which has sold over 800,000 units worldwide. The official title, supported platform(s), and a release date were not announced.

The game, codenamed "New Utawareumono Game" has been revealed on a newly opened website.

Story

When he realized it, he was in the darkness, unaware of even which way is up or down.

How long had he been here? And how long will he remain here?

When his voice didn’t reach anyone and it seemed like even the consciousness he had left was starting to fade, a ray of light shined in the darkness.

He heard someone calling...

Driven by that voice, he desperately reached out to the light, only to see an unknown starry sky before him.

And in its arms a girl with red eyes and two horns pointing up to the heavens.

The girl, bleeding without an end in sight and hovering between life and death, asked him this.

"A black mask...? You’re... my..."

A rebellion, of a princess bound by blood and a man who lost his name has begun.
Characters

The hero’s name is Akuta, and he’s voiced by Kazuya Nakai. He’s a masked man who suddenly appears in front of the heroine. He has lost his memories and forgotten even his name, but he will never lose his strong heart. He knows no fear and charges relentlessly into whatever he can do at any given moment.

The heroine is Minagi, voiced by Atsumi Tanezaki. She is a kind-hearted girl defined a "princess," always thinking about her sister. After escaping her clan she has been at the mercy of fate, but after her unexpected encounter with Akuta, she decides to confront her destiny once more.

Since target platform is probably PS4/Switch and NISA is currently localising Uta1 remake, there's a fair bit of chance of NISA localising this new game as well. It remains to be seen if there will be any PC version on the horizon.

Tell me to use the proper Ainu spelling of the characters' names if old.

Theswweet

Dirty Weeb
Mar 12, 2019
I know I'll end up loving him, if the last two Uta protags are anything to go by, but damn is that chin scar DUMB. Also, is that a can opener or a sword...?

Reactions: Kvik