Community Arcade racers

5taquitos

I don't beat games
Nov 18, 2019
Hey MetaCouncil, anyone here big into arcade racers on Steam (or elsewhere)? I'm currently juggling a whole bunch, including Redout, Slipstream, BallisticNG, Xenon Racers (picked up today), and Distance.

Anyone have any favorites that I should check out? Are there enough people here to get some races together?

Reactions: lashman

RionaaM

Vogon Poetry Appreciator
Sep 6, 2018
I played a bit of Redout, it's fun but it gets complicated after a while. Distance is cool, backed it way back then but I haven't played it much. I'm a big fan of Nitronic Rush, which was made by the same folks, so that's why I backed the spiritual successor.

I also love Mario Kart, even though I'm not particularly good at it. It's incredibly fun with friends. Sonic Racing (the second one, haven't tried the newest) is good stuff too.

MegaApple

Just another Video Game Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2018
Not Steam, but Burnout Paradise is ones of the best pick-up-and-play as well as hard-to-master type arcade racer

fearthedawn

Apr 19, 2019
Redout, Slipstream, BallisticNG and Distance is pretty much my library for arcade racers, didn't like Xenon Racers much. So i'm kinda in the same boat, anything we missed? ;)