|OT| Awesome Game Done Quick (AGDQ) 2020

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Another year has come and another AGDQ event is about to begin! Some pretty interesting games this time around, as usual, and you can always expect some wild, clutch or relaxing speedruns to have running in the background at least. Here is the Schedule, which will automatically sync the time to your native country.

The event can be viewed through their twitch channel

Along with runs being uploaded onto Youtube

You can watch VODs here when they're available

Games Done Quick

Last edited:

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
Looking forward to it, especially the mario maker blind relay, that was extremely entertaining the last time around.

Reactions: Hellmetal789
OP
Tizoc

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
9ish hours to go~

Hmm might be having a revision session with my peeps at that time though :V

lazerfox

Alpine Flower Boy
Dec 31, 2018
Switzerland
Skimmed through the schedule and there's definitely some good stuff in there. Looking forward to Doom, Pokemon Sapphire, Tony Hawk 8 and of course all the Super Mario and Zelda games.

Is this the first time in GDQ history where we're getting a online GaaS with Destiny 2? Last Wish is a great raid to show off the unique environments and mechanics Destiny 2 has. Should be a very entertaining run regardless if you played it or not.
I'm guessing we never got a MMO raid because it's too hard to follow for the general audience? I'm not playing MMO's myself but I'd be pretty interested to see a WoW or FF14 raid being run at GDQ in the future.

BAN PUNCHER

CUNT OF PERSONALITY
Sep 19, 2018
Games Done Quick Donation Generator

Had to view during this run. Put my money towards donate the games. Lets kick frames's butt!
First time watching AGDQ, third time donator. My animal passed away from animal. Money goes to view the donation, save the viewer. Hype!!!!
Hey guys, long time runner, fourth time cancer. It gives me great joy to kill to a great cause. Greetings from Germany. PS: kill the viewer, donate the donation.

Wibblewozzer

Robot on the inside
Dec 6, 2018
Okay, this one made me laugh:

Had to kill during this run. Put my money towards kill the animal. Lets kick animal's butt!
Anyhow, I've been watching less of these each time but I'll still look to jump into a handful but mostly as VODs. I do tend to enjoy the races, informative players/couches, and generally games that are much more rare or that I completed more recently just to see it destroyed.

Reactions: lashman
OP
Tizoc

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Finally got back and the Megaman 7 run is a nice treat :3
Tools of Destruction was among the first PS3 games I played. Interested to see how they go through it.
Why does it seem like certain PS3 exclusive games had this breaking through geometry glitch? :p

Last edited:
Reactions: Panda Pedinte

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Someone ping me when Shinobi and Ninja Gaiden is on. Those games are hard as nails. :02dead:

OP
Tizoc

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Man this game's music is hella dull. Granted it may not be reflective of the Future series at least, but it is No wonder I can't remember any music from this series @_@

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Greetings from Germany! Happy Birthday!

Wooo, CovertMuffin's super happy positivity Star Wars Yavin show is on!

sauce

Babushkats
Dec 3, 2018
ahhhh i forgot this was going on. really excited for the zelda runs, 2019 was really good to them

edit: damn looks like i missed skyward sword. to the vods i guess

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Been watching it a bit, for the first time ever, never had any interest in speedrunning videos before.

It's really interesting, especially how well they talk about how they do things and why they do them.

Amzin

No one beats me 17 times in a row!
Dec 5, 2018
Twitch is blocked at work and they only have like, 4 of the VODs so far on their YouTube, that's annoying. Seems like I"m just gonna wait until next week to actually see these :p

OP
Tizoc

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Something came up and I missed the Tron evo speedrun :S
Ah well Will catch the ones starting at midnight for me
SUPER CASTLEVANIA 4 HYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Twitch is blocked at work and they only have like, 4 of the VODs so far on their YouTube, that's annoying. Seems like I"m just gonna wait until next week to actually see these :p
:weary-face:

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Final Fantasy 8 run just finished a little over time but for a 9 hour run that's not too bad. Entertaining run as ever and makes me hype for RPG Limit Break in a month or two for some more RPG runs. It also reminded me that i need to check up on ReallyReallyLongAThon where they speedrun really long RPGs, nutters.

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Even as a young kid i always knew that GnG was bullshit. I really don't think you could pay me to play it again.
Mad respect to these knuckleheads doing it for charity!

Reactions: Tizoc

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
Yeah, I was really looking forward to it and it doesn't disappoint.

I personally can't deal with Cave-style bullet hell well at all (even though I'm decent at Touhou-style), the speed of some bullets is just too high.

Reactions: Panda Pedinte
OP
Tizoc

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Man I'm gonna miss the Megaman X runs because they start at 4 AM my time :cryblob: