|OT| Awesome Game Done Quick (AGDQ) 2020

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
This FFVI run is madness. They've broken the game right open. There must have been a crazy amount of work put in to understand the game and develop the techniques they're using.

edit: Nice, Demon Chocobo makes an appearance. lol

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Vampire: the Masquerade: Bloodlines run as a Nosferatu? Mad nostalgia here as Nos was the clan i chose on my first playthrough.
Love this game.

Reactions: Tizoc

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
It'll be odd to see Wind Waker not in Italian. lol.
一時停止 一時停止 一時停止 一時停止 一時停止 一時停止 一時停止 一時停止 一時停止 一時停止 一時停止

Reactions: lashman and Tizoc

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
Lttp randomizer is already pretty random without crowd control, this is just silly. (But in a good way)
This run is really worth watching later even if you can't participate. Hilarious how many times the crowd kills the runner or reverses his controls at opportune moments.

This is technology being used for amazing things.

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Hit Two Million dollars during Goose Game. Nice.

edit:
This Mario Maker 2 Blind Race is freaking tense and i'm not playing! I'm such a scrub at Mario 2D games, love watching them though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tizoc and lashman

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
The Amid Evil run was a pleasure to watch, with developers speaking with little to no filter. A refreshing change and a welcome one :).

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Amid Evil was great but someone forgot to tell Dave Oshry to tone it down a bit before the run, lol!
Frick Cancer in the Bum!

There was an amazingly entertaining speedrun of a 3D platformer where the french dev phoned in but i can't remember the name. They had a good discussion about fixing stuff but not breaking it for runners.

Not GDQ but the DoubleFine video where they watch a speedrunner play through Psychonauts is fantastic just to see the programmer reactions to glitches and artists laughing then realising he's skipping 90% of the work they put into the game. lol.

I think tim has fired all of them by the end of the run. The speedrunner even says he's a bit rusty and not the WR holder but still amazes them.

Reactions: Swenhir