Community Backlog Blitz Season 2 - Runs January 1 through March 31 with a raffle at the end

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
After lots of deliberation I switched Battlechef Brigade to Hand of Fate (because I want to finish it and try the second game, which I already have lol)

Reactions: lashman

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
I set up my emu environment yesterday in preparation for Vagrant Story and fired it up for a bit. I forgot that the control scheme is a bit weird.

OP
Wibblewozzer

Wibblewozzer

Robot on the inside
Dec 6, 2018
We've got just about half a month to go until the end. This is my first reminder to make sure you're updating your completion status on the Google Sheet! And on that note, this is also a call out to see if anyone is interested in chipping in to grow the prize pot. It's currently at $22, but I'd love to see it reach a full-priced game (at a minimum!). There are loads of people taking part so I imagine we should get to that level.

I've done this for other Blitzes and a gaming fantasy draft previously so if anyone is nervous about contributing I imagine others could back up that I'm honest with the money received and used. I'll just collect it all and do the purchasing and handing out of keys or whatever when it's time for the winner(s) to pick their prize.

You can PM me if you want to discuss it or suggest another means of sending funds. Otherwise, I'm just going to list my common ones here.

Also, unless requested, I'll post the money I receive that's getting added to the prize pool and who chipped in. It may be best to post here or PM me that you did so I know who is who. Often when I've received the money in the past I see real names or alternate usernames and have to then ask who sent it.

Paypal - Wibblewozzer@gmail.com
Venmo - @Nicholas-Garboden
Square Cash App - $NicholasGarboden

Reactions: Arsene and Parsnip

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018
Alrighty, I'm swapping out Prey for Alan Wake + DLC for the 5th one. I have played Alan Wake at least twice before, last time was 2014, but never the DLC so this is more of a DLC play after the full game is done.

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
Haven't gone back to this in a while, but I've finished a lot of games. I was going to play Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore, but I think I need more time to really dig into that one. Time I don't yet have.

But I did manage to blast away at Black Mesa this weekend. Easily the best fan remake ever, especially Xen, which is a marked improvement over the original's. What an accomplishment!

OP
Wibblewozzer

Wibblewozzer

Robot on the inside
Dec 6, 2018
Just finished game #4 with BioShock 2. I originally intended to do Minerva's Den as well but I kind of hit my fill of BioShock 2 for the moment. Didn't help I played on Hard so it had some frustrations and with a few crashes it overall took longer than I had thought it would. I have Yakuza 3 left for this Blitz and Concrete Genie for another so I'll knock those out and maybe still get Minerva's Den done this month.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Finished game #5 Hand of Fate!
That actually was faster than I though. Though I did play more than I thought too :D
Had a lot of fun with it, though there was a real difficulty spike at the end. Had to actually build decks optimized for getting through a level instead of ones for unlocking more cards! Lol.
I did cheat the final final boss fight tough. That was a bit too much for me. Probably was doable with a few more tires, but combat honestly isn't that game's strength so whatever.

Spamlynguist

I can never decide on an avatar
Dec 31, 2018
Finished game #5 Hand of Fate!
That actually was faster than I though. Though I did play more than I thought too :D
Had a lot of fun with it, though there was a real difficulty spike at the end. Had to actually build decks optimized for getting through a level instead of ones for unlocking more cards! Lol.
I did cheat the final final boss fight tough. That was a bit too much for me. Probably was doable with a few more tires, but combat honestly isn't that game's strength so whatever.
Oh yeah the final boss is a pain in the ass, I was lucky I had a great build back when I beat him.

OP
Wibblewozzer

Wibblewozzer

Robot on the inside
Dec 6, 2018
Sorry to whoever sent me money for the prize pool. I saw it when I was busy and then forgot to come here to post.

I received $5 more for the prize pool so it's now up to $27. We have nine more days to go! Hopefully, it'll continue to go up so there's a chance for a full-price title as a possible prize.

And I only got the person's real name that sent in the money. I'm unsure who it is based on that, and I won't share real names here, so they can either speak up or consider it anonymous.

Reactions: Parsnip

Gevin

Watch Madoka
Nov 16, 2018
I filled my missing entries so now I'm at 5/5. Btw lashman, small bug I noticed, I had to remove my like and re-do it in order to see the spreadsheet in the OP, is that a known bug in Xenforo?

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
Sorry to whoever sent me money for the prize pool. I saw it when I was busy and then forgot to come here to post.

I received $5 more for the prize pool so it's now up to $27. We have nine more days to go! Hopefully, it'll continue to go up so there's a chance for a full-price title as a possible prize.

And I only got the person's real name that sent in the money. I'm unsure who it is based on that, and I won't share real names here, so they can either speak up or consider it anonymous.
:sf_heys:

OP
Wibblewozzer

Wibblewozzer

Robot on the inside
Dec 6, 2018
Just a bump to say we're less than a week away. Finish up those last games and update the spreadsheet!

The prize pool is up to $27 and this is the time to chip in before the month ends. Just a reminder, not a requirement!

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
I've actually not started games in my backlog over the past week when ive finished others because I want to put them on the q2 blitz list and its driving me nuts!

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
I started Vagrant Story yesterday but only really watched the amazing intro.

Will I be able to finish it before the month ends? Probably not, but I'll try.

OP
Wibblewozzer

Wibblewozzer

Robot on the inside
Dec 6, 2018
There are two days left of the Blitz. Better get your last completions in! Update the spreadsheet! And probably tomorrow night I'll put together the next Blitz sheet since I know some people like getting their games listed sooner than later.

Also, the prize pool is up to $32 with Gabbo being the most recent to chip in. The raffle won't be held until the afternoon or evening on April 1 since I work that day, so really you have until then to add to it, if you're interested, as well as make sure all your updates are in place.

Like Parsnip I'm trying to squeeze in one more. I kept putting off Yakuza 3 as I played through other non-Blitz stuff. Two more days to get through it. I'll probably do it but I need to get myself to stop doing every single substory!

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
Well, I still haven't actually "started" Vagrant Story yet, so I may just as well call it and move it to next blitz. Its rushed time at HLTB is 15 hours and I'm certainly not going to do that. So then 4/5 is my final tally.

Incidentally, do we make a new thread for the next blitz or just continue this one and rename it?

OP
Wibblewozzer

Wibblewozzer

Robot on the inside
Dec 6, 2018
Well, I still haven't actually "started" Vagrant Story yet, so I may just as well call it and move it to next blitz. Its rushed time at HLTB is 15 hours and I'm certainly not going to do that. So then 4/5 is my final tally.

Incidentally, do we make a new thread for the next blitz or just continue this one and rename it?
Last time I did a new thread and just copied over most of the original post with some edits. I'll do it again in around 8-9 hours when I'm done working unless someone else does it first. I'll have the spreadsheet updated then, too, so people can start up their next list of games.

Futaleufu

Laughing Chojin
Mar 14, 2019

If you play it "properly" it should take between 10-15 hours. if you dont play it "properly" (like my brother once did) it could easily take more than 30 hours.

OP
Wibblewozzer

Wibblewozzer

Robot on the inside
Dec 6, 2018
And another update, xinek sent over $28.83 (blame Paypal for odd amounts) so that puts us just over a $60 game prize pot. We're now at $60.83. Thanks a lot! That's a huge addition!

Keep in mind there's potential for multiple winners as any leftover funds after the winner selects their game gets pushed down the line (or added to the next pot when the leftover is small) so there's still ~24ish hours until the raffle drawing so take this opportunity to chip in if you're thinking about it.

The cycle starts anew tomorrow, so get excited for another season. I'll get the spreadsheet all ready right now.

Edit: Spreadsheet is updated with another tab. Feel free to jump the gun and start early by adding yourself. Thread will go up tomorrow.

Last edited:
OP
Wibblewozzer

Wibblewozzer

Robot on the inside
Dec 6, 2018
Just in time, I finished my final game of the Blitz, Yakuza 3. I really put that off and I sort of crunched it in by skipping a lot of the side content this time around. But partly it's because it felt the least refined of the series that I've played.

Now to figure out what to add for the next Blitz!

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
I failed spectacularly at this. I didn't finish anything.
I'm like I think 85%? done with Mad Max and that's it had too much stuff happening all over the place and every time I sat down to try and play it was like... "Ehhh"

Spamlynguist

I can never decide on an avatar
Dec 31, 2018
Added some games to the new Backlog Blitz, hopefully I'll get anything done with Animal Crossing being a thing :face-with-cold-sweat:

Here's my Blitz list:
  • Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled (PSN)
  • Dragon Quest (Switch Download)
  • Misadventures of Laura Silver (Steam)
  • Super Mario Odyssey (Switch)
  • Valiant Hearts: The Great War (Uplay)

Last edited:

BlueOdin

Dec 3, 2018
I did the thing I didn't want to do and combined 2 out of the 5 games with another backlog blitz I am doing but this way I won't be feeling as bad because I won't be seeing all the unplayed games.

So I ended up with:

• Dishonored 2
  • Gothic
  • Saga Scarlet Grace: Ambitions
  • Rehtona
  • Batman: The Telltale Series
Currently playing Dishonored 2 and enjoying it a lot.

freshVeggie

almost there
Sep 7, 2018
Cool. Now I'm in the blitz from the start.
Changed two spots on my list,

• Inside
  • Fallout New Vegas
  • Nioh
  • Halo CE
  • Dying Light
It's much less shooter-oriented and has some meaty games in it. Wish me the best!

OP
Wibblewozzer

Wibblewozzer

Robot on the inside
Dec 6, 2018
Alright, time for the raffle and end of this season of the Blitz.

The winner of the Blitz this time and the prize pool is C-Dub for completing Job Simulator! Congrats!

It's almost appropriate you get some money to use for completing a job.

That means you have $60.83 to pick a game that I can gift to you. If it's cheapest on Steam I believe we'll need to be friends so I can gift it to you, or if it's cheaper elsewhere I can snag a key and just PM you. I'm in the US so depending on your territory we can work out region lock or whatever else.

To reiterate the rules the winner should pick a game of their choice up to $60 (I'm adding on the change this time). Don't just ask for Steam wallet credit or any other shenanigans, please! There's other odds and ends about leftover funds but I'll post that if relevant.

So C-Dub, PM me with the game you want and I'll figure out the buying part of things! Congrats again!

Edit: Ha, tagging a user doesn't allow font size to be changed.

Last edited: