Community Backlog Blitz (with raffle prize at the end)

Theswweet

Dirty Weeb
Mar 12, 2019
3/5 of my games done, but boy is getting those last 2 (Ao no Kiseki/Demon Souls) done while also catching up on my 52 games a year. I'm at like 37 finished atm?

OP
Wibblewozzer

Wibblewozzer

Robot on the inside
Dec 6, 2018
Unless you knock out some super short games completing 52 by the end of the year will be really rough.

And a reminder to all, though I'll be more vocal towards the end of the period, but make sure you update the Sheets with the proper color for game completion. When I do the raffle at the end I go off of what's marked green for completed.

Reactions: Parsnip and lashman

BlueOdin

Dec 3, 2018
Changed Dragon Quest Builders 2 to Half-Life: Source in my blitz. I played the former on Switch but with the PC announcement I will wait until I can afford that. Wasn't as happy with performance and controls on Switch as I was with the first one.

Milena

Lost in VR
Jan 4, 2019
Destiny 2 has completely taken over and I don't think I'll be able to finish anything :suicide-blob:

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
I haven't updated my entries in the spreadsheet in a while, but I've managed to complete some games.

Two more games to complete before December 31st. I can do it!

Theswweet

Dirty Weeb
Mar 12, 2019
Debating whether to swap out my last game for Scarlet Grace, because hoo boy is that game longer than I expected!

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
Had to swap out one game with one I actually managed to finish, Paratopic for Call of Juarez Gunslinger.

OP
Wibblewozzer

Wibblewozzer

Robot on the inside
Dec 6, 2018
It's three weeks until the end of the Blitz. It's about time people start making sure they're keeping up with updating their section of the sheet and start plowing through those games you haven't completed! There will be a raffle at the end and I will base it off of the games you marked completed so if you forget to go in and color a game green then that entry will be ignored.

Also, please PM me if you're interested in chipping into the prize pool. I've offered up $20 to get it started but it's always nice to get it larger so that the possible prize someone picks can be larger games or whatever. I'm open to most common ways to receive money and I'll post for every amount received so there's transparency that I was sent money. I've done this over in the PC Era Discord without any issues. Just let me know your top one or two preferred ways to send money and if I don't have it set up I can look into setting things up if possible.

Reactions: Kvik and Taborcarn

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018
Finished Jim is Moving Out, so that's 2!

Been slowly working my way though American Fugitive but the missions are pretty uninspiring so it's a bit of a slog.

Reactions: Spamlynguist

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
Finished Subsurface Circular so that's one more game from my list.
Only SteamWorld Heist is left, we'll see if I get around to it. I don't, 4 out of 5 isn't bad.

OP
Wibblewozzer

Wibblewozzer

Robot on the inside
Dec 6, 2018
And again a reminder to update the current sheet with completed games and anyone interested in chipping in to the prize pool can PM me here or on Discord. Right now it's just the $20 I'm chipping in.

Spamlynguist

I can never decide on an avatar
Dec 31, 2018
Already added my Blitz games for January - March 2020:

• Batman: The Enemy Within
  • GRIS
  • Mark of the Ninja
  • Monkey Island 2 Special Edition: LeChuck's Revenge
  • Portal 2

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
Already added my Blitz games for January - March 2020:
Same, with two hold overs from the current list that I wont finish in the next 9 days.
  1. Pathologic 2
  2. Infernium
  3. Fear Effect: Sedna
  4. Lust for Darkness
  5. Soma
Pathologic 2 and Fear Effect:Sedna are the hold overs. One day I may even finish Fear Effect.. It's the first game in a long time im doing so as more a completionist grudge than enjoyment

Spamlynguist

I can never decide on an avatar
Dec 31, 2018
Same, with two hold overs from the current list that I wont finish in the next 9 days.
  1. Pathologic 2
  2. Infernium
  3. Fear Effect: Sedna
  4. Lust for Darkness
  5. Soma
Pathologic 2 and Fear Effect:Sedna are the hold overs. One day I may even finish Fear Effect.. It's the first game in a long time im doing so as more a completionist grudge than enjoyment
Yeah I was planning on putting The Messenger on there as a hold over, but I might beat it next week.

Theswweet

Dirty Weeb
Mar 12, 2019
Swapping out Ao no Kiseki for Dragon Quest Builders 2 on my list, since it was originally an un-planned review and holy shit it's over 60 hours long.

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
I'm closing in on finishing Steamworld Heist and with that my meat blitz will be done.

Gotta start thinking about the next one soon then, maybe I'll add some of those doublefine games there.

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Four out of five.

OP
Wibblewozzer

Wibblewozzer

Robot on the inside
Dec 6, 2018
Just remembered I posted in Discord but not here that Rockin' Ranger chipped in $15 so the prize pool is up to $35. Again, if anyone else is interested in chipping in you can PM me to get details as I'm gathering the funds and will pick the winners on the 1st.

Also, make sure you update the spreadsheet and mark your games completed correctly!

OP
Wibblewozzer

Wibblewozzer

Robot on the inside
Dec 6, 2018
Thanks for the reminder! It came in while I was sleeping. We're up to a prize pool of $45 now. Please reach out if you need info on how to also add to the total prize pool. Just days away, now!

Reactions: lashman

Kurt Russell

SUPREME OVERLORD OF EVIL
Sep 6, 2018
Mar del Plata
Dont feel too bad. Paratopic is a 2 hour game i couldnt squash in time for the blitz but ive put ten times that into the witcher3 in recent weeks.
I actually understand you on Paratopic. I bought it and refunded it 15 minutes later, it was as if the game wanted to do everything that I hate in the least amount of time possible. So I can see people dropping it for a Witcher game.

OP
Wibblewozzer

Wibblewozzer

Robot on the inside
Dec 6, 2018
Alright, the Blitz is essentially over. I'll do the drawing for the prize tomorrow after I wake up so you have until then to make any last updates and for anyone else to chip in to the prize pool. We have $45 in there right now, which isn't too bad for the first Blitz here!

There's already been a tab added to start the next Blitz but tomorrow I'll throw together a new thread since it's a new season of Blitzing. Feel free to add your games now if you notice this before I post the new thread.

OP
Wibblewozzer

Wibblewozzer

Robot on the inside
Dec 6, 2018
And the drawing is complete!

The first person to won a Meta Backlog Blitz is Theswweet for completing Demon's Souls. Congrats! The prize pool got up to $45 this time around so you have your choice of any game $45 or lower. Let me know what you want and I'll get a gift over your way.

Woo!

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
And the drawing is complete!

The first person to won a Meta Backlog Blitz is Theswweet for completing Demon's Souls. Congrats! The prize pool got up to $45 this time around so you have your choice of any game $45 or lower. Let me know what you want and I'll get a gift over your way.

Woo!
congrats! (don't let him buy any animu trash)