Community Backlog Blitz (with raffle prize at the end)

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
Damn missed this lol. (I'm late with everything in life, the cost of being a lifetime fuck up)

I'll look shit over and toss my hat in the ring, but not to win anything, just because I love backlog goals.

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Updated my entry since I beat Brave :3
Gonna focus on Greedfall and Diablo 3 for the next few weeks. If I hopefully manage to finish either before month's end, I'll do the Treasure Planet game.

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
I'm a few weeks late but I kind of want to attempt this. But I usually have trouble planning ahead what im going to play because I usually get random urges to play specific games from my backlog so the games I was planning on playing are pushed back. @_@

Reactions: Tizoc

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
I'm a few weeks late but I kind of want to attempt this. But I usually have trouble planning ahead what im going to play because I usually get random urges to play specific games from my backlog so the games I was planning on playing are pushed back. @_@
In that case just list the one game you are playing. You dont have to list 5 :3

Reactions: Arsene
OP
Wibblewozzer

Wibblewozzer

Robot on the inside
Dec 6, 2018
I think I'll join in on this! There are a bunch of "artsy" indie games that I've been meaning to play but never got around to it, so might as well make them my list.:D

The games:
A Short Hike
Burly Men at Sea
The Mooseman
Old Man's Journey
Wheels of Aurelia

I'll also be playing Yakuza 0 but that is probably quite long.
Well, speaking from experience Burly Men at Sea, Old Man's Journey, and Wheels of Aurelia will all take around 30-120 minutes, depending on the game, to complete once. Though Burly Men at Sea and Wheels of Aurelia have varied paths and can be enjoyed multiples times if you wish. On the other hand, Yakuza 0 took me around 50 hours earlier this year because I did loads of the extra stuff. I imagine you can just crush through the main story in 20-25 hours but you'd be really missing out.

Reactions: Le Pertti

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Well, speaking from experience Burly Men at Sea, Old Man's Journey, and Wheels of Aurelia will all take around 30-120 minutes, depending on the game, to complete once. Though Burly Men at Sea and Wheels of Aurelia have varied paths and can be enjoyed multiples times if you wish. On the other hand, Yakuza 0 took me around 50 hours earlier this year because I did loads of the extra stuff. I imagine you can just crush through the main story in 20-25 hours but you'd be really missing out.
Aah sounds good, I can spread out the short games to have a break from Yakuza while having it as my main game. Well Minecraft is still my main main game.XD

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
I just swapped Stormblood with Fallout 4. Despite having the game clocked at 350+ hours so far, I haven't actually beaten the game and see the credit rolls. But since I've already uninstalled it, I need to reinstall it with all the mods again now. That'd take a whole day, but it's part of the fun!

Reactions: Spamlynguist

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Hmm due to college, I will need to replan things. I can clear a bunch of games these next 2 weeks, so stuff I want to clear over the next couple of months gets trimmed to include
Doom 2016
Trine 2
Trine 3
Mini Ninjas

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
Finished the story of Yakuza 0 and marked it as done. Undecided if I'll return to clean it up at some point but Greedfall is calling me for now.

Reactions: Milena

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
Finally start making headway in Fear Effect Sedna yesterday only to accidentally somehow overwrite my saved game with a new game.....
Half a days progress had to be made up in 1 hour due to sheer frustration with myself. Luckily the puzzles are a lot easier the second time

Reactions: lashman
OP
Wibblewozzer

Wibblewozzer

Robot on the inside
Dec 6, 2018
Finally start making headway in Fear Effect Sedna yesterday only to accidentally somehow overwrite my saved game with a new game.....
Half a days progress had to be made up in 1 hour due to sheer frustration with myself. Luckily the puzzles are a lot easier the second time
You enjoying it at all? I finally bought it for a few dollars during one of the last big sales only because I loved the other games but I'm still expecting it to be terrible.

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
You enjoying it at all? I finally bought it for a few dollars during one of the last big sales only because I loved the other games but I'm still expecting it to be terrible.
I've never played any of the other games, so Im not the best arbiter on that. It has some very annoying hangups (the death animation(s) instead of auto reloading, the visual novel etc dialogue bits im not a big fan on, uneven puzzle design.

But overall, yes I am enjoying it. As much for the story as I am for the gameplay at the moment.

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Just finished GreedFall, gonna write my impressions in the OT later.

For now, I'll jump straight to Fallout 4 later this evening. :dmcblob:

Milena

Lost in VR
Jan 4, 2019
I'm still playing Greedfall... hopefully the next games will take me less time to complete :face-with-open-mouth-and-cold-sweat:

Although I did select Assassin's Creed Odyssey DLCs as well :suicide-blob:

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Greedfall b10
Gonna start the new Contra game later alongside the Treasure Planet game.
Once those are done I'll get into Mini Ninjas and Doom (2016) hopefully, in preperation for Doom Eternal~

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Finished my first block of games of this blitz. Only took me a month, lol.

My impressions, for those who care to read.

Next up is Muv-Luv Alternative. Hopefully, it will take less time to complete.

Reactions: Milena and lashman

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
I finished World of Final Fantasy a bit ago, which was game 4.

I haven't yet played more of Romancing SaGa 2 aka game 5, but instead completed 4 other games since then and started a bunch as well :02dead:

Last edited:

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Does a new game count as a backlog?:D

I finished Burly Men at Sea and Old Mans Journey. Dropped Yakuza 0(for now) and been playing Links Awakening which I finished today. So that's three down this month.

Also a lot of Minecraft.XD

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Finished Borderlands 2 last night. Turned out that I only have 4 main quests left until the end when I started playing in Wednesday, so it didn't take too long. But still it felt too long because there are lots of padding even in the main quest chains.

"Vault hunter, this is it, your very last mission. You need to go to X location asap."
"Woops, they took down the bridge. I guess you need to clear a whole new map first to fix it."

*hours later

"We're finally here, it's showtime!"
"Eh, wait. There are several terminals across the map that you need to take down first."

And that's basically the whole game from start to finish. :unamused-face:

Reactions: Milena and Tizoc

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
1/3 of the way through both Mini Ninjas and Treasure Planet PC respectively.

Once I beat them I won't be able to play for a while XP

Futaleufu

Laughing Chojin
Mar 14, 2019
I wont be playing Jotun anymore so I replaced it with Monument Builders USA 5-in-1

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Only a handful of levels left in Mini NInjas for me. I will then focus on at least Treasure Planet followed by Doom (2016)

I wont be playing Jotun anymore so I replaced it with Monument Builders USA 5-in-1
Did it get too difficult? The game can be tough unless one gets used to the combat system and attacks.

sauce

Babushkats
Dec 3, 2018
Finished Braveland. It was a lot shorter than I expected from an rpg. The story's minimal and the game gets super easy once you realize all you have to do is dump all your money into getting more units, because the amount of damage you deal is scaled with how many you have (hence if you're at 50% health, you're doing half damage). I played on the hardest difficulty and it was still a cakewalk once I figured that out. I still had fun with it though - I think it was given away for free on Steam before, so if you've got a spare 5 hours to kill, it can't hurt to try this out.

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
I dont mind difficult games as long as they are fun.
I would say its sense of adventure or questing is what i enjoyed about it. Backtracking can be a bore if one is huting for upgradea and collectables
I enjoyed boss fights for their challenge altho final boss was tough.

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Mini Ninjas b10.
Half way through Treasure Planet BfP. I might do Trine 2 alongside Doom for the next 2 months, since I got some stuff that'd take my time out of gaming for a bit :3

BlueOdin

Dec 3, 2018
Marked Pyre as finished. Currently playing Amid Evil.

Also switched out Baldur's Gate for Dragon Quest Builders 2 as I postponed my Baldur's Gate 1+2 playthrough until next year. Also want to spend my December with Builders 2 and lots of hot chocolates and tea.

Futaleufu

Laughing Chojin
Mar 14, 2019
Completed Monument Builders USA 5-in-1

Fifth and "final" game: Castlevania Lords of Shadow

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Finally made it to the last missions of Treasure Planet BoP. Halfway through Trine 2 but should be able to beat both by next week and get into Trine 3 afterwards.

Reactions: lashman

Spamlynguist

I can never decide on an avatar
Dec 31, 2018
Swapping Mario + Rabbids for Borderlands 2, I'm making pretty good progress in that game.

OP
Wibblewozzer

Wibblewozzer

Robot on the inside
Dec 6, 2018
Last night I finished up the first The Evil Within. It's part of the PC Era Blitz I'm part of but Evil Within 2 I have on this Blitz so now I've started that up. It seems like such a better game to play! Should have this one finished up within a few more days, I expect.

Spamlynguist

I can never decide on an avatar
Dec 31, 2018
Well, just finished Borderlands 2! Now I have a bunch of DLC waiting for me :fearful-face:

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Updated my entry by swapping out a few games.
Me and my friend plan on clearing through Diablo 3 Adv. Mode, in the mean time, I'll go by Doom's stages one a day while clearing through Trine 3 then Yooka 2.

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
My list is lucky Gears 5 became an unplayable, Windows-freezing mess as ive gone back to FE: Sedna instead of wanting to reboot my pc.

sauce

Babushkats
Dec 3, 2018
Switched out DQ11 for Indivisible since I just beat that. Might swap DQ11 back in at some point though, depends on what I get through.

OP
Wibblewozzer

Wibblewozzer

Robot on the inside
Dec 6, 2018
I'm around ten hours into The Witcher 3 and a few hours into Yakuza Kiwami 2. Easily my two big games for the rest of the year across my two Blitzes. Going to take some work to clear them but I'd like to finish The Witcher 3 by the end of the month and Kiwami 2 is fine for December.