Community Birthday Council - Level Up!

Deleted member 113

Fortunately I'm in a good place right now, not financially (unfortunately) but with my wife and some wonderful friends.
I'm happy to hear it. :highfiveblob:
You're better than me on that front. :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:

I would be happy right now just being able to "stop" (yeah, I still haven't had any vacation time this year, despite all the long hours and 7 day weeks working from home during several months). I'm hoping I can take the week off next week. I won't be travelling or anything, but I'm hoping I can "switch off" my brain, and chill out a bit. :giggle: I'm really needing it.
That, and getting ready for my 31 day long Horror Movie marathon next month. :blobcheer:

Last edited by a moderator:

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
I'm happy to hear it. :highfiveblob:
Your better than me on that front. :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:

I would be happy right now just being able to "stop" (yeah, I still haven't had any vacation time this year, despite all the long hours and 7 day weeks working from home during several months). I'm hoping I can take the week off next week. I won't be travelling or anything, but I'm hoping I can "switch off" my brain, and chill out a bit. :giggle: I'm really needing it.
That, and getting ready for my 31 day long Horror Movie marathon next month. :blobcheer:
I'm actually on vacation right now but I'll going back to work on Monday. I know how you feel, I honestly think that I wouldn't have been able to take another week.

PossiblyPudding

sometimes a doctor of rhythm
Apr 17, 2019
Oh now you've all done it! Now I have to come in here and make an incredibly mushy post! :LOL:

So before I get to that part I'll quickly say thank you all for the kind birthday wishes! It means a lot. :photoblobheart:

And now for the mushy part.

I didn't know what to expect when I first joined Meta. I've talked before how I hadn't posted anywhere in over a decade but what not many know is that I was practically a recluse throughout my 20's. I developed some bad habits, often beating myself up mentally and emotionally over minor things. It also caused me to put a great deal of pressure on myself because that's all there was.. just me. It's why I'm often so fearful of possibly upsetting folks or that they'll realize that I'm really not that interesting. It's why it's so easy for me to fall back into hiding myself away when that thought gets stuck in my head.

And yet I finally worked up the courage to try again to put myself out there and Meta ended up being my landing spot. I still struggle with those bad habits and thoughts but now it's something that I'm not fighting alone anymore. I've met some great folks and made some lasting friendships, friends that I know I can always rely on. It's been a big change for me to wrap my head around that fact. That I can just be me and that even if I screw up it's okay.

I'm so grateful to be able to call you my friends. Here's to a lot more fun and laughs in the future! :blobcheer:

Also happy birthday to my fellow September 25th'ers arts&crafts and Kuroyume! I hope that you both have a great one as well! :partyblob2:

Last edited:

BO7AMMOOD

Lucas isn't sure what to do anymore
Apr 18, 2019
Been a while since I posted here but I just can't afford not to do so right now. Happy birthday BlindRhythm ! Even though I haven't had the pleasure to know you outside of MetaCouncil, I've very quickly caught on to the fact that you're one of the brightest spots in this already very bright part of the internet. Wishing you all the very best today and every single day :cat-heart-blob::cat-heart-blob::cat-heart-blob:

PossiblyPudding

sometimes a doctor of rhythm
Apr 17, 2019
Been a while since I posted here but I just can't afford not to do so right now. Happy birthday BlindRhythm ! Even though I haven't had the pleasure to know you outside of MetaCouncil, I've very quickly caught on to the fact that you're one of the brightest spots in this already very bright part of the internet. Wishing you all the very best today and every single day :cat-heart-blob::cat-heart-blob::cat-heart-blob:
Aww thanks! :smiling-face-with-smiling-eyes:

While we might not have talked much I can definitely say that I've really enjoyed the times that we have and that I always like seeing you around and reading your posts when I'm able to. The kindness you often show in your posts is heartwarming and so underrated. We all could use and afford to do a little more of that, certainly nowadays. :blobhug: