News Civilization VI: Gathering Storm - New Features Trailer

Arulan

Lizardman
Dec 7, 2018
I haven't really touched Civ VI since launch. I'll have to catch up on the expansions at some point. How was the one(?) before this?

Reactions: lashman

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Civ 6 really needs some more elements of randomness. Felt like every game was pretty much the same, more so than I feel about earlier civs. Still loved it!

Also great to play as Sweden again!:D

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
I uninstalled and hid Civ VI (and all the other Civ games) from my Steam library because, well, I'd start up a game and lose so much time to it.

But this expansion pack may just draw me back in. Maybe.

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
I uninstalled and hid Civ VI (and all the other Civ games) from my Steam library because, well, I'd start up a game and lose so much time to it.

But this expansion pack may just draw me back in. Maybe.
RIP in pepperoni ... you had a good run ;)

Ex-User (307)

MetaMember
Dec 11, 2018
I'm not sure how to word this question, but has the game actually been improved in the last year? Every time I check reviews/discussions/whatever about the game, the same stuff about AI, late-game, religion, etc (and the EULA lmao) are always around. Have any major Civ players been able to test the newer stuff in the expansion?

Amzin

No one beats me 17 times in a row!
Dec 5, 2018
I've only ever played Civ VI "co-op" vs. AI and it was OK with the last expansion, but the way AI does religion is really obnoxious (not unlike real religious zealotry I suppose). I'm super tempted to get Gathering Storm but if you just pasted natural disasters over the current game, it would be terrible. They've made resource and construction changes it looks like too so maybe it all balances out.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
My first Civ Vi experience -

Launch the game
Several minutes of loading
Launch one of the two integrated benchmark
Several minutes of loading
Launch the other benchmark
Several minutes of...
Force quit and uninstall.

This was the first time I realized my 2500k is good for retirement.

Makikou

Jan 29, 2019
Finland
I've been watching quill18 play Gathering Storm and it looks really good. I'll pick it up in March or April as things are quite pre-occupied with Division 2 and Anthem.