News Crackdown 3 campaign impressions & gameplay (PC, 4K60)

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
That doesn't look very exciting to me. The city looks dead and the aim-lock is a huge turn-off for me. Hard pass, even if it wasn't a uwp game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Alexandros

Ed Comment

Nuts and Gum. Together at last.
Sep 22, 2018
You could probably ignore it instead of being a massive whiny bitch about it to everyone who's looking forward to the game but I guess you don't have much else going on in your life to persistently whine about video games you don't like.

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
You could probably ignore it instead of being a massive whiny bitch about it to everyone who's looking forward to the game but I guess you don't have much else going on in your life to persistently whine about video games you don't like.
My life is great m8. And it will be even better with you on my ignore list. ☺

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
That doesn't look very exciting to me. The city looks dead and the aim-lock is a huge turn-off for me. Hard pass, even if it wasn't a uwp game.
it pretty much looks like modern-day Crackdown 1 to me ... which is awesome (since i haven't played the first one beyond the demo)

and i imagine there will be no lock-on when playing with kb+m (for what that's worth)

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Let's hope so. That would make the shooting much more enjoyable.
i mean - if there's lock-on while playing with kb+m (and you can't turn it off in settings) it HAS to be a bug ... that would be insane! especially what such a HUGE amount of it too (like in that video)

either way - i'm definitely looking forward to it! :)

i just hope they'll fix those broken dynamic shadows in the PC version before release because it really looks bad without them (and it definitely is a bug because Xbone gameplay videos have dynamic shadows)

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
i mean - if there's lock-on while playing with kb+m (and you can't turn it off in settings) it HAS to be a bug ... that would be insane! especially what such a HUGE amount of it too (like in that video)
Yeah exactly that's what turned me off. Curious how this will work in cross-play as well. Playing against controller players with such a huge amount of aim assist doesn't seem fair.

Reactions: lashman
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Yeah exactly that's what turned me off. Curious how this will work in cross-play as well. Playing against controller players with such a huge amount of aim assist doesn't seem fair.
well in this particular video they DEFINITELY played with a gamepad - that much is obvious ... so i guess we'll have to wait until release to see how it functions with kb+m or something

as for multiplayer - i imagine they'll just do the "if you play with kb+m - no crossplay for you" thing ... unless it supports kb+m on Xbone as well - then they'll probably match gamepad people with gamepad people and kb+m people with kb+m people ... anything other than that WOULD be insane indeed

Reactions: Ge0force

uraizen

Oct 7, 2018
Well, I basically wanted more of the same and I got it. Unfortunately it's going to cost $60 and there's only one place I can buy it. Sure would be nice if there were these sites that competed with pricing of keys given to them.

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
Well, I basically wanted more of the same and I got it. Unfortunately it's going to cost $60 and there's only one place I can buy it. Sure would be nice if there were these sites that competed with pricing of keys given to them.
$60 isn't that bad. Here in Europe, it's €70 ($80). Because of Play Anywhere, Microsoft is charging console prices on Windows 10 as well. And they don't allow key reselling for anyone but their retail partners.

But cdkeys sold Play Anywhere keys from hardware bundle leftovers before. Pretty sure CD3 will be bundled sooner or later.

uraizen

Oct 7, 2018
$60 isn't that bad. Here in Europe, it's €70 ($80). Because of Play Anywhere, Microsoft is charging console prices on Windows 10 as well. And they don't allow key reselling for anyone but their retail partners.

But cdkeys sold Play Anywhere keys from hardware bundle leftovers before. Pretty sure CD3 will be bundled sooner or later.
Oh, did they? That's good to know.

I also just saw they were doing another $1 month for gamepass. All I care about is the campaign and don't have an Xbox. So... Yup.

Alexandros

Every game should be turn based
Nov 4, 2018
Yeah, I like games that encourage that sort of mayhem but I'm not sold on this at all.

Nahkapukki

Finest Finn
Sep 7, 2018
The Iciest Hole
Well it's on Game Pass and it's Play Anywhere so I'm warm and cozy any which way the game goes. Could be good and I'm fine with it or it could be terrible and I'm not losing my sleep over it. Looks like fun tho but then again I enjoy bad games too so...

Maxi

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
I'll give it a go via Gamepass! I don't have high hopes for it from what I've seen, certainly looks like some more Crackdown but also as dated as Crackdown is.

I'm hoping it's good though!

One oddity I've seen is no real time shadows which makes the none pre baked items look a bit floaty.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
I'll give it a go via Gamepass! I don't have high hopes for it from what I've seen, certainly looks like some more Crackdown but also as dated as Crackdown is.

I'm hoping it's good though!

One oddity I've seen is no real time shadows which makes the none pre baked items look a bit floaty.
it's a bug in the PC version ... the shadows are there on Xbone .... here's hoping they'll fix that before release

Maxi

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
Ah good to hear! I thought it seemed rather odd consider how clean the IQ is and how well it seems to be running to have no real time shadows. I think that will help a lot with the flatness of some of the textures and how they are blended together as it all looks a little raw in places.

Looking forward to seeing some more high level gameplay as Crackdown wasn't that great when you first start out and can barely jump up a two story building, becomes a lot more interesting when you can jump 50m+ in the air.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Ah good to hear! I thought it seemed rather odd consider how clean the IQ is and how well it seems to be running to have no real time shadows. I think that will help a lot with the flatness of some of the textures and how they are blended together as it all looks a little raw in places.

Looking forward to seeing some more high level gameplay as Crackdown wasn't that great when you first start out and can barely jump up a two story building, becomes a lot more interesting when you can jump 50m+ in the air.
yeah, exactly :)

jim2point0

MetaMember
Dec 24, 2018
Yeah... I've never played a Crackdown game before, and what I saw in this video certainly did not convince me that I should start now. But I'll keep an eye out for more gameplay.

Paul

MetaMember
Jan 26, 2019
It just looks like it lacks any kind of atmosphere at all..
I hope MS will start making much better games nextgen, this gen has been a total shitshow for them.

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
Yeah, that does look a bit on the rough side. I'll play it, since I picked up the 2 month gamepass. Any word on the download size? Are we breaking any records with this?

That lock-on is wild. I know you can disable it, but damn.

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
I predict it will be another MS game with a 69% MC score, that will be played by millions of people anyway because of Game Pass. It's an interesting trend to say at least.