|OT| Crypto - Would you Steal a MetaCoin?

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
So is any of you secretly a crytobro?

I have actually changed my mind on NFTs. It was when I saw how photographers and artists used them, they are more using them the same way one would have small print outs to sell at gallery showings, meaning you aren't actually selling the work it self and the value of those printouts are nothing in it self, but it is a way for someone to support the artists, just to have a little something.

So I actually wouldn't mind selling NFTs, but I know absolutely nothing about anything when it comes to crypto.

How does one even get started?

OP
Le Pertti

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Also I didn't make this topic just for NTFs! One can't argue that for example bitcoin isn't here to stay! Hell I see girls selling their premium snapchats for bitcoins!

But yeah like a decade ago friends of mine tried to make me join them in bitcoin but I was like "nah" just a fad.

BlackRainbowFT

Mouse Accelerated Member
Apr 17, 2019
Switzerland
May i introduce the brand new HektorCoin?

You can mint it by sending me Hentai Pics, it's proof-of-stake in the HektorChain, an Excel sheet saved on my desktop.
May I suggest an amendment to your blockchain by implementing a new "proof-of-sake" algorithm? I'd say it'd be a good fit, thematically.

Other than that, I agree with the overall sentiment ITT. Proof-of-work and other power-hungry methods of validating changes to the blockchain are inexcusable. I do think that the underlying technology is absolutely great and can solve quite a few problems... but the crypto market is 99.99% garbage and they're mostly solutions in search of a problem.

So yeah, I feel like I have a pretty solid understanding of how BTC and other blockchains function (excluding the mathematics behind cryptographic algorithms such as SHA-256... I'm not mathematically literate enough for that). But reading up on crypto allowed me to see the irrationality of the market, the bullshit behind so-called "technical analysis" (which is as scientifically sound as reading tea leaves) and... although I already knew that the economy is just rich sociopaths playing roulette, it made me realize that the problems I saw in the crypto market are most certainly the same found in the stock market. Familiarizing myself with cryptocurrencies made me realize the scope of the absurdity that is our economic system... governed by a bunch of pendulum-swinging lunatics.