|OT| Digimon Cyber Sleuth: Complete Edition - Building your perfect pet one pixel at a time (pic. heavy, watch on PC)

OP
Mor

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Well, just played for around 15 minutes or so but I have a pretty clear first impression and it's POSITIVE.

1. I'm running the game at 4K/60, looks really clear and sharp and everything moves really smooth, performance impact is not noticeable for the moment however we will see what happens when there are more complex areas + heavy combats, should not make a difference but who knows.
  2. Controls well, same as PS4, nothing to report here, to be honest.
  3. So far English subs. are correct, I have not noticed the "quotations" but maybe that's just me haha

Reactions: lashman

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Played for about an hour, just reached chapter 1.

First impressions:
  • You know a game is going to be good if the first thing that happens is being greeted by a Miyuki Sawashiro voiced character (y)
  • Barebones port, but it runs and looks fine enough
  • You can really hear the budget - or rather the lack thereof, because a lot isn't voiced :p I wish the MC would at least make some sounds
  • Really digging the music
  • Yes, those are Yasuda character designs
  • Setting and story look interesting enough
  • Nice selection of starter digimon partners

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
YOU TOOK TERRIERMON TOO? HIGH FIVE, BRO!
It felt like the one true choice given the selection. ...Not that I have anything against the other 2 :)

Now to familiarize myself with all the options for raising the Digimon, but I guess you can't really "mess up".
But are there any beginners tips/things good to know?

OP
Mor

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
It felt like the one true choice given the selection. ...Not that I have anything against the other 2 :)

Now to familiarize myself with all the options for raising the Digimon, but I guess you can't really "mess up".
But are there any beginners tips/things good to know?
Well, tbh I found the DigiLab tutorial pretty easy to follow, the best you can do is farm a lot and train train your Digimons at the Island if you feel like something it's not going as it should.

Right now, at Chapter 1 everything is still really new, give it some time :D

Reactions: Ascheroth

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
I got me a Guilmon and Lunamon :blob_hype:

Think I'll gonna try and keep them as mainstays since Tamers is my favorite season of the anime and I like Lunamons design and remember it as the starter from that Nintendo DS Digimon game.

Now the big question is, into what shoul I digivolve Terriermon :face-with-cold-sweat:
I guess Gargomon for that Tamers feel :thinking-blob:
But Terriermon is cuter than Gargomon.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Now the big question is, into what shoul I digivolve Terriermon :face-with-cold-sweat:
I guess Gargomon for that Tamers feel :thinking-blob:
But Terriermon is cuter than Gargomon.
Terrimon is top, but Antyalmon and Cherubimon are also pretty nice looking. Though it might take quite a while to reach that level

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
Current team:

And just right after taking that screenshot I get this awesome looking little guy :blob_hype:

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Dammit, the game keeps crashing for me on Steam. It starts in a window and then it tosses a coin to see if i can make it to the game choice menu without it crashing. Then it crashes. Grrrrrrr.

edit: RunAs Admin fails too. hmmmm.

edit: Wow, it seems to hate my Wired DS4! If i unplug it i can get through the menu and start the game @1080 in a window but eh, now it's worked i'll try the DS4 again even though... oh, it's crashed again. Forget it.

Last edited:

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
Full Champion team~

Zubamon and Lunamon could also already evolve, but they're not max-level yet.

Reactions: Mor
OP
Mor

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
So far so good, I have been doing Kyoko's contracts and I'm now at Chapter 3, my team right now is Gargomon, Greymon and Kabuterimon but I will change it soon-ish. :coffee-blob:

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Has anyone managed to get ReShade working in this game? It seems that the effects can be loaded just fine, but menu hotkey/screenshots are not working for me. :02think:

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
Has anyone managed to get ReShade working in this game? It seems that the effects can be loaded just fine, but menu hotkey/screenshots are not working for me. :02think:
Just tried it and yeah, same here. :/

Also I just realized that the main menu theme reminds me a bit of Danganronpa, haha.

OP
Mor

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
Yeaaaah I made a mistake, I went with a lot of fire type digimons against a boss with fire type digimon, totally forgot to transfer some of my farm ones to my team and the result has been the most boring fight I remember xDDDDDD

OP
Mor

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
This is a good number of CCU playing the game, don't you think? I mean, of course I would love it to be 500k but for a niche game.... that's good.

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
This is a good number of CCU playing the game, don't you think? I mean, of course I would love it to be 500k but for a niche game.... that's good.
Honestly not familiar with what CCU numbers mean, but I imagine it's doing fine enough.

Also I'm in chapter 5 now and got my first Ultimate! Unsurprisingly, it's Rapidmon, lol.
And it looks like I missed the first farm expansion item :disapproval-blob: Was curious when you get a 2nd farm, googled it and it turns out it was in a chest in a dungeon in chapter 4, to which I have no access right now. Not cool.

OP
Mor

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
Honestly not familiar with what CCU numbers mean, but I imagine it's doing fine enough.

Also I'm in chapter 5 now and got my first Ultimate! Unsurprisingly, it's Rapidmon, lol.
And it looks like I missed the first farm expansion item :disapproval-blob: Was curious when you get a 2nd farm, googled it and it turns out it was in a chest in a dungeon in chapter 4, to which I have no access right now. Not cool.
Concurrent connected users, that means 2K people are playing right now to the game.

And yes, you must be very careful with chests because they contain tons of things, not cool indeed as farm is really important.

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Support request submitted and i'll give them the Event Log entry and my DxDiag report when i get home and see how it goes. Hopefully they can patch it soon.
crosses fingers

Reactions: Mor and Ascheroth

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
I have a full Ultimate team :blob_hype:

I can't even have a single reserve member because those 3 take up my entire capacity lmao.

OP
Mor

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
I have a full Ultimate team :blob_hype:

I can't even have a single reserve member because those 3 take up my entire capacity lmao.
Almost at the same point, one more and I will have all my main 3 team digimon at ultimate level.
-Rapidmon
-Metalgreymon
-undecided who will win this place :p

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
Hmmmm.
Looks like I'll need to do some de-digivolving / re-digivolving since all my mains do not enough ABI for a Mega-digivolution.
Looks like I need to make sure I have a decent back-up team ready in case they temporarily get too weak (though I kinda doubt it).

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
Alright, my main team has been de-digivolved back to Champion to let them COME BACK EVEN STRONGER!
As such my party has received a drastic shake-up:

I figured I'd train Kiyubimon to complete the Tamers main team, I'm curious into what ZubaEagermon tuns and Lekismon turned into Crescemon as my new only Ultimate for now, haha.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mor and lashman

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
Progress update!

In chapter 7 now, finally got island #2 in chapter 6.
My previous team is now back to Ultimate with enough ABI to turn Mega :partyblob:
Team 2 has been de-degivolved to also get enough ABI for Mega.

I also got me a Flamedramon :blob_hype:
Unfortunately it doesn't look like it's ...that good? Guess it's a bit stronger than a regular Champion but even then what do you do with a Champion that can't digivolve any further. Bummer. Guess De-Digivolve and back to ExVeemon it is. Gonna learn the skills first though, since the last one is learned at only level 25 and seems too strong for that (Napalm Breath III).

OP
Mor

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
Progress update!

In chapter 7 now, finally got island #2 in chapter 6.
My previous team is now back to Ultimate with enough ABI to turn Mega :partyblob:
Team 2 has been de-degivolved to also get enough ABI for Mega.

I also got me a Flamedramon :blob_hype:
Unfortunately it doesn't look like it's ...that good? Guess it's a bit stronger than a regular Champion but even then what do you do with a Champion that can't digivolve any further. Bummer. Guess De-Digivolve and back to ExVeemon it is. Gonna learn the skills first though, since the last one is learned at only level 25 and seems too strong for that (Napalm Breath III).
I'm about to finish chapter 6, got 3 island expansions so far and so far I'm having a blast, really hope next week is a better one than this because I want to fucking digiplay digimon xD

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
I'm about to finish chapter 6, got 3 island expansions so far and so far I'm having a blast, really hope next week is a better one than this because I want to fucking digiplay digimon xD
The good thing is that the game is not going to run away!
I also only now realized that the right stick can zoom in/out. That makes those "find important thing" quests you get from farm investigations soooo much less annoying.

Also figured that I'd start prepping my Veemon/Flamedramon for a DNA Digivolution to Paildramon. It's currently a Strikedramon though, I'm just digivolving it left and right to get its ABI up, haha.

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
My first batch of Megas!

I didn't have the stats to turn WarGrowlmon into Gallantmon :cold-sweat:

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
It seems anyone with a GTX1080 or RTX2070/2080 have crashing issues. I have only seen past the chapter select screen once... then it crashes. I have 45 minutes of playtime in 2 minute chunks. Last message i had from Customer Support was a suggestion to underclock my RTX2070 from it's factory defaults. Not happening even if i knew how to.

I just want to have fun like everyone else...

Last edited:
Reactions: lashman

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
YEEEEEEES! Game got Steam trading cards, at last, AT LONG LONG LAST! got 8 all the sudden.
Ohhhhh, this is definitely one game where I want the badge!

It seems anyone with a GTX1080 or RTX2070/2080 have crashing issues. I have only seen past the chapter select screen once... then it crashes. I have 45 minutes of playtime in 2 minute chunks. Last message i had from Customer Support was a suggestion to underclock my RTX2070 from it's factory defaults. Not happening even if i knew how to.

I just want to have fun like everyone else...
This really sucks :/

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
I've bought a gem sack on the market, crafted a booster pack and got only cards I didn't have yet, nice.
I have enough games to craft 2 more boosters, so hopefully I get others I don't have yet and then I'm gonna buy the rest to craft that badge. Also want a background for my profile.

I haven't played that much the last 2 weeks or so because I wanted to get through some other games and I don't want to rush this game, but I'll be playing some more this weekedn.
Taomon is only 1 level away from Mega :blob_hype:

I also learned that ABI max is 200 now which apparently got introduced in Hacker's Memory. I thought it would be 100 but than I saw that my MetalSeadramon has another evolution which requires 120 ABI so I looked a bit into it.
Looks like I will have to digivolve it around a looooot, lol. Thinking of leaving those evolutions to Hacker's Memory though, since that seems to be where they originally came from and you can just transfer your mons around the game anyway apparently.

Reactions: lashman and Mor