News [Digital Foundry] Bloodstained Is Brilliant - But What's Up With The Switch Port?

Aelphaeis Mangarae

MetaMember
Apr 21, 2019
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night is perhaps the greatest crowd-funded game to make it to release - on PS4 and Xbox One (particularly on the enhanced consoles), it's simply brilliant. However, all versions have their issues, culminating in some big problems for the Switch version. A patch is promised, so let's hope the major issues can be resolved.

Reactions: lashman

Kuro

"Oh yeah? Aren't you gonna punish me?"
Dec 22, 2018
Dark1x from DF mentioned in Era thread that he does have time to cover PC version :negative-blob: And if i propose to cut Switch version coverage nintendo fans will kill me :suicide-blob:
"Does", did you mean doesn't?
That's a shame since the PC Port is the version I'm most interested in, how well it runs on different kind of specs.

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
"Does", did you mean doesn't?
That's a shame since the PC Port is the version I'm most interested in, how well it runs on different kind of specs.
Dictator usually does the PC videos (but i don't think he'll be doing one for Bloodstained)

Reactions: Kuro
OP
Aelphaeis Mangarae

Aelphaeis Mangarae

MetaMember
Apr 21, 2019
Digital Foundry do good work, but I think PC is lower priority in part because console vs console stuff attracts viewers, and they do need viewers. A video covering PS4/XBO/Switch will get more views than a video covering PC/XBO/Switch or PC/PS4/Switch or some combination thereof. The nuances of PC versions also involve a lot of technical discussion that isn't of immediate interest to a lot of their viewer, sadly.

Reactions: lashman and Kuro

bbq of doom

MetaMember
Nov 16, 2018
I was looking to grab this on Switch, but this is probably the worst port I've seen (that I'm interested in, at least). After playing Dark Souls a bit--a port that's fine and actually quite enjoyable in portable mode--this is...beyond disappointing.

So, now that Switch is likely out, I'll wait for it on PC. Too much to play to justify an impulse purchase now.