News Divinity: Original Sin 2 | The Dark Eye - Official Game Master Mode Campaign

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018

Larian Studios has joined forces with Ulisses Spiele, creators of the hugely successful Dark Eye tabletop RPG, to bring Divinity players into a new world of magic and mystery. Written and designed by Ulisses, with cooperation from Larian developers, the Prison of Shadow GM campaign brings a comprehensive set of the tools that will allow every Game Master and their team to dive into the thrilling and dangerous world of The Dark Eye.

This Game Master adventure will be automatically included in the Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steam update on 21st November 2018, and is designed for both new and experienced Game Masters and their parties.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Sounds fun, although it probably means another 20gb to game's size.
Wonder if it will be possible to ho through it solo somehow
don't think so ... unfortunately

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
I'll probably pick this up during the Christmas sales. Could never bring myself to finish the original game
well ... at least they're not really connected in any meaningful way ... D:OS2 takes place like 500 years after the first one ;) so it's a completely separate story

Frecklestein

Tender, Violent and Queer.
Oct 23, 2018
I'll probably pick this up during the Christmas sales. Could never bring myself to finish the original game
well ... at least they're not really connected in any meaningful way ... D:OS2 takes place like 500 years after the first one ;) so it's a completely separate story
And to piggyback off of lash, depending on what you had issues with with the first game, they most likely fixed it. The character creation as well as general build variety is much better. Or if you want a more story focused game (still a great story with OCs) the premades are all fun too. There's maybe a handful of tie-ins at best, with only one or two off the top of my head being sizable, but not enough that I would suggest someone go through the first game for.

Reactions: lashman

Eriugam

Premium Title
Nov 6, 2018
United Kingdom
And to piggyback off of lash, depending on what you had issues with with the first game, they most likely fixed it. The character creation as well as general build variety is much better. Or if you want a more story focused game (still a great story with OCs) the premades are all fun too. There's maybe a handful of tie-ins at best, with only one or two off the top of my head being sizable, but not enough that I would suggest someone go through the first game for.
The major issue holding me back was the artificial difficulty. Everything else (except the story) were spot on

Eriugam

Premium Title
Nov 6, 2018
United Kingdom
in that case - you should be fine :)
That's good to hear. Original Sin was really good until you had to defeat the enemy bosses. The game introduced a completely unneccesary artificial diffculty where bosses received free moves and un-fair advantages. You'd also be nerfed to some degree!

MegaApple

Just another Video Game Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2018
I'm surprised that given this is someone else's IP, they are giving this content for free.

But it's a welcome thing, nonetheless.