Opinion Does life ever stop feeling like a dream?

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
I have had days where I could swear I woke up in another dimension. I vividly remember what I dreamed those nights, and how I felt for the next few days. It was like, everything is the same way I left it when I went to sleep, but me myself, I feel odd. As if either I have slept for months and I'm trying to get familiarized with everything again, or as I just said, I woke up in an alternate reality where everything was the same, but everything was a bit different at the same time.

OP
teezzy

teezzy

formerly 'deftones r cool'
Apr 19, 2019
Upon waking up from a dream with people I know, I cant help but ponder if they too had the same dream. Scientifically, it's a rubbish thought but I always entertain the notion.

Reactions: BoosterDuck
OP
teezzy

teezzy

formerly 'deftones r cool'
Apr 19, 2019
I can definitely understand why some people subscribe to the idea of solipsism. It def feels often at times like life is just one big simulation. The fact that others happen to also subscribe to that ideology is enough to convince me that it's egocentric. Who am I to say that the entire world only exists in my mind when someone else reading this post clearly knows that they exist as well.

These things keep me up at night. What is existence? How can an objective reality exist if nobody is there to perceive it? These things keep me up at night, literally, and I wish something like, 'God created everything" was enough to suffice my curiosity.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Life is way too ordinary and unexciting to ever be confused with a dream.
Yeah, I have been pondering about the fact that Lovecraft wrote about his dreams recently. that feel personal because a lot of mine seem to take place in the same dream region. I can point on a crude map where the cannibal farm is located, and the strange stone monument.
Yeah, my dreams are... lively.

Reactions: Le Pertti