|OT| Elden Ring - Foul Tarnished, in search of the Elden Ring

FunnyJay

Powered by the Cloud
Apr 6, 2019
Sweden
Yeah... I went around a bit, explored east Limgrave, found an elevator to the underground (?!), then went back to the troll. I aggroed him out of the gate and tried to take him down again.

On like the third attempt, I managed to take him down, but was sadly cut down by the aoldier ambush further up the mountain path.
So I said "F- it" and booked it passed the troll on Torrent, picked up my ashes/runes and managed to ride passed all rhe soldiers. So I managed to find the site of grace on top of Stormhill. I also found a weird battle arena of sorts up on the mountain. Didn't dare venture in there yet.

I will definitely try going south to the Weeping Peninsula. Exactly south of what? The starting cave?

I got to say, I always enjoyed the Souls games that allowed fast travel more. Original Dark Souls has a perfect jpurney, but some of those long runs were so annoying.

Having it possible to fast travel almost from anywhere makes exploration so much easier.

Reactions: LEANIJA

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
I'm so jealous of people who get to play Elden Ring for the first time. I can never go back but I remember it fondly.

That said over in the DLC I finally beat a big boss.
Bayle the Dread. CURSE YOU BAYYYYYLEEEEEE!!!!! What a wild fight that NPC made me laugh several times WITH A HAIL OF HARPOONS!!! Fight was damn tough though. I was Scadu level 10 and probably should have had more, my mimic was getting it's ass kicked at ashes 4 by half the bosses HP so I probably need to go find more of those. Crazy fight though. Bayle is very mobile for giant dragon.

MonthOLDpickle

我會打敗你!!
Oct 31, 2018
Taiwan
I honestly want to try out seamless coop, just being able to stay in game and not worry about one button spamming internet lag pvp. Tho I wonder can you make the game behave differently too with it?

Reactions: QFNS

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018
I'm so jealous of people who get to play Elden Ring for the first time. I can never go back but I remember it fondly.

That said over in the DLC I finally beat a big boss.
Bayle the Dread. CURSE YOU BAYYYYYLEEEEEE!!!!! What a wild fight that NPC made me laugh several times WITH A HAIL OF HARPOONS!!! Fight was damn tough though. I was Scadu level 10 and probably should have had more, my mimic was getting it's ass kicked at ashes 4 by half the bosses HP so I probably need to go find more of those. Crazy fight though. Bayle is very mobile for giant dragon.
One of the best boss in the DLC

Reactions: QFNS

FunnyJay

Powered by the Cloud
Apr 6, 2019
Sweden
I spent the better part of yesterday night trapped in Sellia crystal cave. I saw all the warnings around the chest but I was intrigued when I realized it wasn't poison, but some form of teleporter. Who thought going deeper into the mine would be the way out?.

I'm actually trying out something. I've instructed ChatGPT to act as a lore-appropriate guide for the Elden Ring world, and provide guidance without spoiling, and more hinting than actively telling me what to do.

It's actually working quite well! An interesting way to create your own subtle game guide as you play.

Reactions: Panda Pedinte

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018
I spent the better part of yesterday night trapped in Sellia crystal cave. I saw all the warnings around the chest but I was intrigued when I realized it wasn't poison, but some form of teleporter. Who thought going deeper into the mine would be the way out?.
The first time I went to that place I searched for an exit for quite some time lmao

• This!
Reactions: FunnyJay

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
Man this is a great game. I'm still in the base game, 2nd(ish) playthrough. didnt finish it first time round.

This time ive been making notes as i go and it really has helped me understand whats going on and where to go.

Though its dawning on me how absolutely massive this game is. Been playing for a few weeks exclusively and i reckon im not even half way.

Love it though. Trying new combat tactics. Rocking a big axe with a poison dagger in the off hand. First time ive not just turtled my way through.

DLC sometime in 2025 :dmcblob:

FunnyJay