News Epic Games Store

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Never forget the Rock Paper Shotgun journalists that was going around spreading shit about Steam last month who outright admitted that he didn’t know what resellers like Humble Bundle and Fanatical were. Talk about a massive yikes.

Like how do you work at a PC gaming oriented site and not know about resellers, aka one of the best advantages of pc gaming.
I guess that happens when you don't have to buy most of the games you play.

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
I see PC Gamer is determined to torpedo its credibility.
Yeah it's sad. They have been very biased towards EGS from the beginning, probably because Epic became one of their biggest sponsor and advertiser. I've seen several sponsored articles about EGS exclusives on their site.

Oh well, pc gamer IP-banned me in their comment sections, so I 'll stop visiting them anyway I guess.

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
Lol yeah, not even Gearbox dared to announce BL3 exclusivity because they new the audience would rip them apart.
This show could potentially be a bloodbath. :coffee-blob:
If its like previous years, the non-enthusiast press in the audience will definitely voice its feelings. Whether those on stage can roll with it or care is another matter. There will be more than enough happy people cheering those exclusives, not just some Epic marks in the crowd

Last edited:

Transdude1996

Apr 30, 2019
What do you mean by "determined"? Didn't it come out that you'll be dropped from the site if you use the word "gameplay"?

Imagine being a PC focused outlet and getting such a basic thing wrong. Really shows the absolute lack of proper research and knowledge about the medium.
It's the kind of mistake I expect from console focused outlets, not on calling themselves PC Gamer. That's just embarrassing
Does it still count if those contributing content claim to be "PC experts"?

Like how do you work at a PC gaming oriented site and not know about resellers, aka one of the best advantages of pc gaming.
You do realize that an overwhelming amount of game journalists don't actually care about games, right? They were just thrown into it because their magazine needed to talk about these "new shiney toys", or they were laughed out of other journalistic fields (Including film), or they see it as a way to get into the gaming industry, or they just use it as their own personal blog.

Edit: Or they try to act as gatekeepers (Archive):

Last edited:
Reactions: Alexandros

Phoenix RISING

A phoenix always RISES!
Apr 23, 2019
Ann Arbor, MI
www.geeksundergrace.com

PCGamer is a bought out publication ?
Who couldve told !
Imma always keep it 100, keep it real, and call out ****ery when it prowls about, but this hurts.

I been reading PCGamer since I was a kid. Literally the last surviving magazine after EGM, GamePro, Game Fan, Tips & Tricks and even ****ing Nintendo Power have bit the dust, let alone that "independent" PSX magazine and similar console-exclusive efforts that didn't have NP's tenure.

So it hurts in ways that I cannot cogently place into words that PCGamer has taken this villainous turn. Blatantly "Sold out." This is the magazine where I was introduced to Heroes of Might and Magic 2 on demo disc. How I found out that StarCraft was a thing. That I remember Bungie was known for a "souls-like tough" real time tactical game called Myth long before kids these days knew what Halo or "dark souls difficulty" was.

I grew up wanting to write for this magazine; I was still writing now with the hopes of developing a portfolio so that I still might write for a publication like PCGamer.

It's akin to what people experience when their parents announce their divorce, or what people feel like when they are cheated on. I am privileged enough to not have experienced those things, but yeah, Imma clam #FirstWorldProblems on this.

GhostTrick vilifying the media once again 😅
Durante being ban baited as well, I'm pretty sure. Thankfully he seems to have avoided it.
Are this meta (heh heh)Era jokes? If so, could you help a brotha out with the "without context" posting? I don't wanna spend an hour of my day looking for the post yall are winking and nudging about.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Imma always keep it 100, keep it real, and call out ****ery when it prowls about, but this hurts.

I been reading PCGamer since I was a kid. Literally the last surviving magazine after EGM, GamePro, Game Fan, Tips & Tricks and even ****ing Nintendo Power have bit the dust, let alone that "independent" PSX magazine and similar console-exclusive efforts that didn't have NP's tenure.

So it hurts in ways that I cannot cogently place into words that PCGamer has taken this villainous turn. Blatantly "Sold out." This is the magazine where I was introduced to Heroes of Might and Magic 2 on demo disc. How I found out that StarCraft was a thing. That I remember Bungie was known for a "souls-like tough" real time tactical game called Myth long before kids these days knew what Halo or "dark souls difficulty" was.

I grew up wanting to write for this magazine; I was still writing now with the hopes of developing a portfolio so that I still might write for a publication like PCGamer.

It's akin to what people experience when their parents announce their divorce, or what people feel like when they are cheated on. I am privileged enough to not have experienced those things, but yeah, Imma clam #FirstWorldProblems on this.

Are this meta (heh heh)Era jokes? If so, could you help a brotha out with the "without context" posting? I don't wanna spend an hour of my day looking for the post yall are winking and nudging about.
Someone got banned some weeks ago for 'villifying the media', and said argument was brought up again today by a former admin.

Edit: oh, GhostTrick actually got banned. What the fuck.

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada

Reactions: Phoenix RISING

「Echo」

鈴鹿御前。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
this disaster of a thread.

Not sure which is the one where Ghost Trick got banned though.

The attempted dog-pile/ban-baiting on Durante started with post #302 .

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
this disaster of a thread.

Not sure which is the one where Ghost Trick got banned though.

The attempted dog-pile/ban-baiting on Durante started with post #302 .

Here’s ghosttrick’s big bad post that got him banned for a week.

Reactions: Dandy

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018

Phoenix RISING

A phoenix always RISES!
Apr 23, 2019
Ann Arbor, MI
www.geeksundergrace.com
Not allowing users to be critical of the press (if that's what we want to call video game industry coverage) is dangerous.

This is one of those examples of where those shady "free speech" advocates are right.

If they don't want ppl to be critical of EGS at all, they should just say so, rather than pretend that they will entertain a discourse, and then ban someone when they go in too hard.

Phoenix RISING

A phoenix always RISES!
Apr 23, 2019
Ann Arbor, MI
www.geeksundergrace.com

This dude contributed to Breitbart????

First PCGamer sells out and now this. Man, my childhood is being smashed into pieces. I LOVED EWJ! I had the action figures, all the issues of the limited-run comic, and the cartoon episodes that came on WB on Sundays. Had to record them because momma made me go to church!

RionaaM

Vogon Poetry Appreciator
Sep 6, 2018
Doug should get fired ten times over and more. As many issues gaming journalism might have, this is definitely not one of them.
Yeah, you can like the games however much you want (I do), but Doug TenNapel is indefensible. Separating art from artist doesn't mean you have to pretend the artist is a good person when he clearly isn't.

(this isn't addressed to you, BernardoOne; I'm just using your post as a starting point for mine)

BernardoOne

MetaMember
Oct 19, 2018
Transphobia, defense of Breitbart because apparently Milo being gay somehow magically erases his and the sites homophobia, claiming a neo-nazi website is a "news site"?
Sounds like we need to finally give that ban button some use.

BernardoOne

MetaMember
Oct 19, 2018
How is calling a guy a guy equal to the fear of transgender people, much more the reason for why someone needs to lose their job?

Again, how Breitbart is a Neo-Nazi website when one of their "biggest" writers was a very flamboyant homosexual, and they are very devoted towards defend the Jews and Israel in their articles?
How is intentionally misgendering a transwoman not transphobic?

And what kind of insanity do you suffer from to believe Milo being gay magically makes Breitbart not a neo-nazi website? Are you one of the idiots who believes the KKK isn't racist cause there was a black member once?

Dandy

Bad at Games.
Apr 17, 2019
HOW is calling a guy a guy equate to the fear of transgender people, much more the reason for why someone needs to lose their job?

Again, how Breitbart is a Neo-Nazi website when one of their "biggest" writers was a very flamboyant homosexual, and they are VERY DEVOTED TOWARDS DEFENDING THE JEWS ANS ISRAEL in their articles?
What the actual fuck...

「Echo」

鈴鹿御前。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
Ppl, pls use the "warn" function, as accumulated ones result in a ban, Don't use "report".
I'd like to. I'd really like to. But all I see is a "View warning" button.

The staff/admin has to look into that please. We shouldn't tolerate such speech here, and this particular member has been quite... aggressive and always looking for a fight. Not to mention hurls insults at fellow users.

PossiblyPudding

sometimes a doctor of rhythm
Apr 17, 2019
Full members can warn from the profile via moderation tools. Regardless of post I have found out.
Ah okay, thanks. I forgot that warnings were not possible to issue during the junior phase.

Guess I have a little ways to go before I can help out. I'm glad that folks were able to figure it out.

It takes a lot to upset me but homophobia and transphobia are some of the quickest ways to get there and as some have said "calling a guy a guy" is bullshit. Fuck that noise. Heather Alexandra is a wonderful person from every time I've seen her on a stream and doesn't deserve that garbage from anyone no matter who they are.

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
HOW is calling a guy a guy equate to the fear of transgender people, much more the reason for why someone needs to lose their job?

Again, how Breitbart is a Neo-Nazi website when one of their "biggest" writers was a very flamboyant homosexual, and they are VERY DEVOTED TOWARDS DEFENDING THE JEWS ANS ISRAEL in their articles?
what the fuck

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
"Phobia" means an extreme or irrational fear of or aversion to something.

"Aversion" means a strong dislike or disinclination.

Milo is an internalized homophobe who thinks his sexuallity is a mental illness that he also chose to have. Hes very well known to be against gay rights.

Last edited:

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018

Wait, you are actually serious.

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
Seems like one post can only get one warning, sadly. However, one can go to the profile of the dipshit, click on moderation tools and issue a separate warning there.

I thought there was the whole thing about if a post gets 3 reports it gets removed. Thats not possible if you can only report a post once. Whats up with that?