News Epic Games Store

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
I think when he says Epic or Steam, the customer has a choice of where to buy. As it should be.

Don't read into it. The wording is poor, but he has clarified what he means: the next FM game will be on both.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Im personally a good example of the tweet.

I claimed FM2020 and will try it out soon, but never tried a Steam free weekend.

However, if I really like it, I will actually buy the game on Steam. But I don't think I will as I have no interest in any sort of footbal managing what so ever.

warp_

タコベルが大好き
Apr 18, 2019
good for them. it's a game i'd never play in a million years but i'm glad they are seeing good numbers with the promotion. will look good for the next round of marketing -"500,000+ people loved the last one"

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
What's wrong with Elite? Have it in my backlog and thought the game was rather decent from what I heard.
It's a little late today and I can't go into it a lot but I posted my thoughts on it in the Steam thread. Basically the problem is that it's a game that never really delivers more, never blossoms over time, and mechanics are rather unpolished given what the community has to say.

It echoes what I heard a developer that had left Frontier said, that they tended to slap things over and patch holes without much thoughts to the long term, both from a game design and engineering standpoint.

Reactions: ISee and Kyougar

TioChuck

More Yellow 🤷‍♂️
Dec 31, 2018
Whoa Crysis Remaster looks like a shit job.

Eggs can keep it.
When all the EGS debacle started me and others pointed out that pubs/devs would just deliver a subpar product since they already got paid by Epic, and people kept telling us nobody would do that, almost 2 years later, here we are, Crysis Remastered wasn't the first, and surely won't be the last.:shrugblob:

Alexandros

Every game should be turn based
Nov 4, 2018
When all the EGS debacle started me and others pointed out that pubs/devs would just deliver a subpar product since they already got paid by Epic, and people kept telling us nobody would do that, almost 2 years later, here we are, Crysis Remastered wasn't the first, and surely won't be the last.:shrugblob:
"This money will help developers make better games".

Phoenix RISING

A phoenix always RISES!
Apr 23, 2019
Ann Arbor, MI
www.geeksundergrace.com
Trickle down has been proven to work quite effectively. In Reagan and Thatcher we trusted. In Tim we can trust also.

Source of this image: Economic inequality - Wikipedia
For another thread entirely, but they've shifted from the "trickle down" concept to the apotheosis of the 1%. "They worked hard to earn it, and so they deserve it. When they win, WE win!"

It's an impossible argument to digest without taking into consideration white supremacy and xenophobia. But like I said, that's for another thread.

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France

You will receive an Epic Coupon for placing an order for Rocket League until October 23, 2020 at 11AM Eastern Time. All Epic Coupons received from placing an order for Rocket League will expire on November 1st 2020, 2:59 AM Eastern Time.

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada

They have to expire it Nov 1st because if it runs until Nov 19th people could use it on CyberPunk and CDPR would remove it from EGS to avoid it (again) :toucan:

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018

So they finally got anime.
As I'm guessing this will make some people nervous let me tell you, Stadia too in the near future.

Square-Enix wants to expand so they will release more games on both EGS and Stadia while keeping the main source on Steam (when it comes to PC) they want to sell their games in more places in order to get more money and expand their base so yeah, do not worry about exclusivity deals just yet cause' it's not happening right now.

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
If they think there are people actually buying games on EGS and Stadia, well, good luck to them.

At least on EGS it's not a big deal to support. But Stadia is a whole different platform. Google must be begging developers/publishers with wads of cash to just support it.

Reactions: Rogue Agent

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Im curious if Overpass and Snowrunner will be fully exclusive due to it being by BigBen and Saber.

Last edited:

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France

Maybe:

Last edited:
Reactions: manchego obfuscator

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
Not sure this was posted already, but it seems you can buy EGS games in GoG Galaxy 2.0. While this may sound like a good idea, I'm not sure it is. After all, you're still buying the games from Epic, not from GoG. For me, this is just more proof that Epic's end goal is to get full control of games distribution, and that exclusives are the key to achieve this.

Edit: you still need the EGS launcher to download these games. It also seems these games aren't (always) DRM-free:

"No, the launcher is still necessary as these games have DRM. It means that, if you already have the Epic launcher installed, you can install the game without leaving the GOG GALAXY app. Otherwise when you were to install the game, it will ask you to install the launcher."

Reactions: Alexandros

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
Not sure this was posted already, but it seems you can buy EGS games in GoG Galaxy 2.0. While this may sound like a good idea, I'm not sure it is. After all, you're still buying the games from Epic, not from GoG. For me, this is just more proof that Epic's end goal is to get full control of games distribution, and that exclusives are the key to achieve this.
Yeah its been mentioned and discussed in the GOG thread ... and I agree, this isnt pro-consumer, this is just pro-EGS, or better yet, anti-Steam. Once again, just anti Steam.

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
[UWSL][/UWSL]
No excuses they have really apply.
"Give more money to the dev": EA gets more money on Origin
"It's just a launcher!": then why are you buying the game on EGS? Maybe you want all your games in one place?
"I want to help the little guys": ...
Millions of people got a €10 coupon for playing Rocket League on EGS. There's your excuse. 😉