News Epic Games Store

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Enhance acts like EGS doesn't exist either (but there's a buy button on the site, possibly because it was the only place it was available for PC earlier on).
Tetris Effect: Connected isn't on EGS, it's a Windows Store exclusive until Summer (June more or less) and then Connected will release on Steam/EGS.

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018
Oh, joke's on me, all this time I thought it came out there first, lol. Edit: it did? Edit: oh, the update isn't. Right then, forgot that update exclusivity fuckery >_>
Yeah, One year Epic Exclusive, then one year winstore exclusive patched version.

next is stadia exclusivity, after that luna, then maybe it will come to Steam??

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
Safe to say my interest in Tetris Effect has well and truly passed.
It's breathtaking in VR, but the fuckery with this game and exclusivity has really killed it, which is a huge shame.

I get maybe having one line of exclusivity, such as PS4 and EGS, but they seem to be taking moneyhats from everyone.

I would not be surprised if a further feature/content update rolls along and they do another 6-12 months of exclusivity, screwing the owners on Windows Store, EGS, Oculus and PS4.

Basically, their message seems to be that once you've bought the game, you are a second class customer.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Wtf, playtime is still gone for me. There has been 2 posts/threads on r/epicgamespc about it were others reported the same the last few days, but seems like mods there removed then (don't think tech difficulties threads are allowed there) and I can't find anything elsewhere.

This is really shit. Nothing from Epic if they know about this issue.

Last edited:

TioChuck

More Yellow 🤷‍♂️
Dec 31, 2018

C-Dub

Dec 23, 2018
YAY, an steam link machine :cat-heart-blob:
Yup. Something that's long overdue. Most Android game handhelds are focussed on emulation, with limited controls and narrower aspect ratios.

I've been dreaming of the day we'd get a solid 16:9 Android tablet with great controls and good WiFi.

TioChuck

More Yellow 🤷‍♂️
Dec 31, 2018
Last edited:

sk2k

Steam New Releases Warrior
Dec 8, 2018
Somewhere else
FUCK EPIC!
Today i wanted to log into my EGS account. I was a captch challenge with dice. I was supposed to choose the pictures in which the dice showed the number 14. My eyesight is not the best so i have only managed to "solve" 4/10 captchas and because i was to slow with the fifth captcha i "won" this:

Yikes! Not quite fast enough.
Try to answer before
too much time
runs out!

Try again!

NO. FUCK YOU!!!

C-Dub

Dec 23, 2018

Genshin Impact is probably coming to EGS.
Probably because Epic won't take a penny from them in gacha transactions. It literally costs them nothing to upload their launcher to EGS and have the rest of the game download as normal. I doubt it's going to do anything like hook into Epic's services or what have you.

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
Probably because Epic won't take a penny from them in gacha transactions. It literally costs them nothing to upload their launcher to EGS and have the rest of the game download as normal. I doubt it's going to do anything like hook into Epic's services or what have you.
Yeah I'm aware. Still a pretty big get for Epic though.

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Maybe they should actually commit to a stupid platform (I mean the game format, not store) at some point? All their games should have been such, an ever expanding catalogue of tables and improvements, but on Steam they're up to Pinball FX3 and now the new thing will be just Pinball FX again? And the Star Wars tables recently announced will be a separate thing but also dlc for some of the existing releases? Which Ones? FX3? FX2 VR? Or? Wut? Idk :suicide-blob:

Last edited:
Reactions: lashman

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018
Maybe they should actually commit to a stupid platform at some point? All their games should have been such, ever expanding catalogue of tables and improvements, but on Steam they're up to Pinball FX3 and now the new thing will be just Pinball FX again? And the Star Wars tables recently announced will be a separate thing but also dlc for some of this? Or? Wut? Idk.
Can't get exclusivity money if it's update to the same game :p

"Look judge, we don't charge anything for MTXN therefore no one else should , expect Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo."

• Toucan
Reactions: C-Dub and lashman

Futaleufu

Laughing Chojin
Mar 14, 2019
Maybe they should actually commit to a stupid platform (I mean the game format, not store) at some point? All their games should have been such, an ever expanding catalogue of tables and improvements, but on Steam they're up to Pinball FX3 and now the new thing will be just Pinball FX again? And the Star Wars tables recently announced will be a separate thing but also dlc for some of the existing releases? Which Ones? FX3? FX2 VR? Or? Wut? Idk :suicide-blob:
They wont release more tables for FX3.

C-Dub

Dec 23, 2018
Yeah I'm aware. Still a pretty big get for Epic though.
I really don't think it is. Who is going to bother to use an unpopular client/launcher to download a F2P game that's available without a client?

If they make the Epic client a requirement to play the game going forward that's a different story, but somehow I very much doubt they'd needlessly tie themselves to the store for no good reason. To me this just looks like they're taking a "why not?" approach.

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
Epic is so predictable, JFC xdddddd

this is top 20 since week after KH announcement, no changes (that's up to 21th of March)

March 21 - March 25

As always, when a moneyhatted game is going to release, a few days earlier, it goes up directly to top 3 hahaha
Also, try to analyze the changes, it's always amazing to see how crazy the manual changes are.

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018
Surprised they found 25 games that actually sold a copy. Ancestors that high, lolololololol

You've failed in life if you are below Ancestors in the sales charts.

Last edited:

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
They reversed the top 20 to the previous state, latest picture no longer represents the "official" top 25, it's back to 20 and to the previous 5+ weeks old top with F2P games.

Absolutely unbelievable, first time I see this shit. :upside-down-face:

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
They reversed the top 20 to the previous state, latest picture no longer represents the "official" top 25, it's back to 20 and to the previous 5+ weeks old top with F2P games.

Absolutely unbelievable, first time I see this shit. :upside-down-face:
I'm out of the loop, do you meant that their top 25 list is arbitrary, manually updated and not even necessarily reflecting reality?

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
The moment I realized that Shenmue 3 was on the top spot on the EGS top seller list for 2 whole weeks before the list changed was the moment I realized the top seller list is bullshit.

Reactions: C-Dub