lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
indeed :)

hopefully it also comes to steam sooner or later

MegaApple

Just another Video Game Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2018
Pretty sure this will be a THQNordic/Steam release. Like Super Lucky's Tale and ReCore.

Reactions: lashman
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Pretty sure this will be a THQNordic/Steam release. Like Super Lucky's Tale and ReCore.
it depends .... MS said a few days ago they want to "bring gamepass to PC" .... so if they're serious about that - it's probably not coming to steam any time soon ....

maybe in like a year or so

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
i am totally fine with later down the line .... MStore is such a mess and pain to use :-/ and i am still cleaning my backlog from late 00s and early 10s :-/
yeah, that's true ... same :p

Reactions: prudis

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
I think it's already on the THQ line-up although they couldn't announce it at the moment, I think we will see a multi-store release, WS, Steam and the Game Pass.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
I think it's already on the THQ line-up although they couldn't announce it at the moment, I think we will see a multi-store release, WS, Steam and the Game Pass.
that would be the best case scenario, yeah ... absolutely

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
And people doubted me for believing the korean rating board...
what? who? :p it was obvious it's just a matter of time after that rating ... how can anyone claim otherwise?

JMTHEFOX

Planning to Be a Game Designer
Oct 4, 2018
Brooklyn, NY
Please don''t be a Microsoft Store Exclusive

Deleted member 113

If it's made available on Steam, I'll surely buy it.
Always wanted to try it out.

But, if it ends up being Microsoft Store Exclusive, even that won't make me install Windows 10 and use the dreaded MS Store. :giggle:
The problems I experienced with Games For Windows Live on PC were enough to make sure I won't touch or spend money on a PC store from Microsoft.

Nahkapukki

Finest Finn
Sep 7, 2018
The Iciest Hole
Eh... Windows 10 store is ass but it's not as ass as people make it out to be. Frankly it's a glorified mobile games store and that's about it. If they were serious about it they'd ditch that aesthetic of it as fast as possible and try something out that makes it look like it's not made for touch screens.

Deleted member 113

Eh... Windows 10 store is ass but it's not as ass as people make it out to be. Frankly it's a glorified mobile games store and that's about it. If they were serious about it they'd ditch that aesthetic of it as fast as possible and try something out that makes it look like it's not made for touch screens.
After what happened with the GFWL store, in which I was unable to play and re-download content that I bought, my problems with another Microsoft store are not about aesthetics, but about loss of access to my purchases.

Nahkapukki

Finest Finn
Sep 7, 2018
The Iciest Hole
It's not the same as that horrid mess was thankfully. I get the apprehension but frankly it's not as bad as people make it out be.
Post automatically merged:

Tho I have to admit that I give leeway for these kinds of stuff. And if MS does want to include Game Pass to the win10 store using SSOD as a shoe-in wouldn't be a bad thing at all.

But considering the sales SSOD had I'd rather see it in Steam so that the devs get theirs finally.

Last edited:

TheVectronic

The Wondering Scribe
Oct 31, 2018
Puerto Rico
Oh boy! The only game on Xbox One outside of Halo that I would've like to play for just a tad bit. Good to know it's coming to PC as well. It was bound to happen, but I'll gladly play through this Insomniac experience.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Oh boy! The only game on Xbox One outside of Halo that I would've like to play for just a tad bit. Good to know it's coming to PC as well. It was bound to happen, but I'll gladly play through this Insomniac experience.
yeah, i'm super-excited ... been waiting since they announced it :p since i only have a PC - i didn't really have any way to play it ... until now (well, soon, lol) :D

Reactions: TheVectronic

TheVectronic

The Wondering Scribe
Oct 31, 2018
Puerto Rico
yeah, i'm super-excited ... been waiting since they announced it :p since i only have a PC - i didn't really have any way to play it ... until now (well, soon, lol) :D
I wonder what the price is considering it's a fairly early Xbox One game. My guess is around $40 to $30.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
$60 is begging for a sale to hit it like a truck. So yeah, I agree, $60 is too much.
whatever happens - i just hope it comes to steam eventually ... that's where it'll get real sales ... and that game deserves all the sales (from what i've heard)

Reactions: TheVectronic

uraizen

Oct 7, 2018
it depends .... MS said a few days ago they want to "bring gamepass to PC" .... so if they're serious about that - it's probably not coming to steam any time soon ....

maybe in like a year or so
I came here to say this, but I don't expect it to come to Steam at all.. If it's $40 with the season pass content then maybe, because this is a really damned late port.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
I came here to say this, but I don't expect it to come to Steam at all.. If it's $40 with the season pass content then maybe, because this is a really damned late port.
i mean - the only reason why i think it might come to steam eventually is that it's a third-party game and Insomniac owns the IP (but not the game itself) ... so more or less the same situation as with all the other MS-funded games that eventually came to steam (unlike stuff like Forza or Halo which are made by MS-owned studios)

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
This is what will probably happen.
-Game gets announced for the WS and M-A-Y-B-E for the Game Pass PC Lineup (if thats ready to launch)
-A year will pass and then THQ Nordic will announce for the Gamescom a Steam release with a physical edition for Europe.

i mean - the only reason why i think it might come to steam eventually is that it's a third-party game and Insomniac owns the IP (but not the game itself) ... so more or less the same situation as with all the other MS-funded games that eventually came to steam (unlike stuff like Forza or Halo which are made by MS-owned studios)
If it's third party funded game (aka Recore, Lucky's or Quantum Break) I just assume it will reach Steam sooner or later by THQ (all, I repeat, ALL those games got the same treatment 12 to 18 months later) so I don't see why Sunset Overdrive would be the exception, in fact, GamePass is not a big change right here because all the last releases on Steam were already on the service and that wasn't a problem for THQ to get an agreement with MS.

Timed exclusivity? maybe or yes. Full exclusivity? I don't expect that.

CthulhuSars

Nov 2, 2018
Sunset Overdrive being released on PC will be glorious. I appreciate Microsoft giving games like Sunset a chance as it reminds me of the zaniness of the Dreamcast era games. I will double dip for sure to support such a great title. If any of you have not had the pleasure of playing this gem of a game please give it a chance even if it is a deeply discounted Steam sale chance a few months down the line as it really is truly magical.