News ESRB rates Sunset Overdrive for PC

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Well one guy did the Quantum Break patch.

Surely Insomniac are large enough to send a handful to do the X patch. If a PC version exists, then the assets for the X patch are there.
doubt it needs any "assets" ... i don't think the PC version will be anything more than just the Xbone version + a few graphics options :p
but yeah - they pretty much only need to add a high-resolution mode to the Xbone version and be done with it, as far as "patch" goes

Reactions: NeoRaider

NeoRaider

MetaMember
Nov 3, 2018
doubt it needs any "assets" ... i don't think the PC version will be anything more than just the Xbone version + a few graphics options :p
but yeah - they pretty much only need to add a high-resolution mode to the Xbone version and be done with it, as far as "patch" goes
Exactly. Let's be real, this game looked great even on XB1 when it was released 4 years ago. Except for the resolution, game looks good. They will probably increase textures resolution and add few other options for PC, like better AA... etc.

I just hope that it won't require DX12/W10 on Steam.

Reactions: lashman
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Exactly. Let's be real, this game looked great even on XB1 when it was released 4 years ago. Except for the resolution, game looks good. They will probably increase textures resolution and add few other options for PC, like better AA... etc.

I just hope that it won't require DX12/W10 on Steam.
doubt they have any higher-resolution textures than the ones they used in the game already, so don't count on that :p but everything else - yeah, totally :)

Matimeo

MetaMember
Oct 21, 2018
MS ain’t changed their PC gaming approach. The profit in gaming on PC is peanuts to them so it’s just not a priority. Notice I said profit not revenue.

They care about Minecraft level of business which includes many non gaming license deals,etc.

No 1st party development on steam is much more a “political” thing then a business thing. Business is often petty and nope they don’t care about “gamers”.

Steam is a dumping ground for product that is no longer being updated, developed by 3rd party using non exclusive tech.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
MS ain’t changed their PC gaming approach. The profit in gaming on PC is peanuts to them so it’s just not a priority. Notice I said profit not revenue.

They care about Minecraft level of business which includes many non gaming license deals,etc.

No 1st party development on steam is much more a “political” thing then a business thing. Business is often petty and nope they don’t care about “gamers”.

Steam is a dumping ground for product that is no longer being updated, developed by 3rd party using non exclusive tech.
fine with me tbh ;) just give me Conker L&R on steam and i'll be a happy camper! :D

nice avatar, by the way :p

Matimeo

MetaMember
Oct 21, 2018
fine with me tbh ;) just give me Conker L&R on steam and i'll be a happy camper! :D

nice avatar, by the way :p
lol I’m messing around on mobile in bed. Yoshi is trying to get me to get up and I’m yelling at him to change his clock! Kid is crazy.

I think it’s easy to expect MS to drop certain stuff on steam until the person driving that leaves the company. It’s just not a high level priority which is why they don’t market the releases really.

The frustrating thing is because things are just not done for the sake of gaming always tied to bigger company wide initiatives you just never know when behavior will shift. So as long as you have no expectations on timing and accept they may stop at anytime then you will be good.

Yoshi is my dog for people who think I have finally lost it...close but not yet.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
lol I’m messing around on mobile in bed. Yoshi is trying to get me to get up and I’m yelling at him to change his clock! Kid is crazy.

I think it’s easy to expect MS to drop certain stuff on steam until the person driving that leaves the company. It’s just not a high level priority which is why they don’t market the releases really.

The frustrating thing is because things are just not done for the sake of gaming always tied to bigger company wide initiatives you just never know when behavior will shift. So as long as you have no expectations on timing and accept they may stop at anytime then you will be good.

Yoshi is my dog for people who think I have finally lost it...close but not yet.
yeah, i don't mind waiting (obviously, lol) ... i just wish they'd drop all their games on steam eventually ... even 4 years later (like with SO)
i know they don't really care either way, but still - would be nice

still hoping that AoE remake comes to steam eventually ... it couldn't have possibly sold even remotely close to anything resembling well on winstore alone

(and you should absolutely post some pics of your doggo!)

NeoRaider

MetaMember
Nov 3, 2018
So, do you guys expect MS to be like: "SO out now on PC." this Saturday or do you expect the game to be released later this year or early next year?

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
So, do you guys expect MS to be like: "SO out now on PC." this Saturday or do you expect the game to be released later this year or early next year?
well they've been updating it like crazy on steam in the last few days .... so i imagine there's a strong chance it might be one of those "available right now" announcements

Reactions: Mor and NeoRaider

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Highly expect an "available now" announcement for both the PC release and the Xbox X enhanced patch, as Lashman said the Steam app is being updated constantly and as we saw today devs. can upload a patch for the X enhancements instantly (like they have done with ME:Andromeda)

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Highly expect an "available now" announcement for both the PC release and the Xbox X enhanced patch, as Lashman said the Steam app is being updated constantly and as we saw today devs. can upload a patch for the X enhancements instantly (like they have done with ME:Andromeda)
yeah, exactly :)

(also - it's lashman, not Lashman :p)

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
Looks like a THQ retail version is happening as expected with Sunset Overdrive, instead of the typical error message of their page if you try to enter on the Sunset Overdrive's URL it tells you are not authorized to access that page :unsure:

click on the picture to go to the page and see it by yourself.

Glad their partnership is still ongoing.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Was expecting some sort of annoucement from the Xbox event, didn't happen though?
yeah, unfortunately ... although they are updating the steamDB packages like crazy, so it's probably VERY close

i just think MS doesn't really give a fuck about PC gaming (like Matimeo said numerous times) so it'll probably be a dry press announcement from THQ (since they're publishing the physical version) during the week and that's about it ... just like they did with ReCore and all the other MS games they released recently on steam

Kurt Russell

SUPREME OVERLORD OF EVIL
Sep 6, 2018
Mar del Plata
Looks like a THQ retail version is happening as expected with Sunset Overdrive, instead of the typical error message of their page if you try to enter on the Sunset Overdrive's URL it tells you are not authorized to access that page :unsure:

click on the picture to go to the page and see it by yourself.

Glad their partnership is still ongoing.
They killed the page (now you get not found instead of the not authorized thing)
I think this is as great a confirmation as any.

Reactions: Mor and lashman
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
They killed the page (now you get not found instead of the not authorized thing)
I think this is as great a confirmation as any.
that and the fact they've been updating the steamDB packages like crazy ... and the fact that Windows Central said they're already beta testing it in-house

Reactions: Kurt Russell

Eriugam

Premium Title
Nov 6, 2018
United Kingdom
yeah, unfortunately ... although they are updating the steamDB packages like crazy, so it's probably VERY close

i just think MS doesn't really give a fuck about PC gaming (like Matimeo said numerous times) so it'll probably be a dry press announcement from THQ (since they're publishing the physical version) during the week and that's about it ... just like they did with ReCore and all the other MS games they released recently on steam
At least THQ are putting the effort in, Microsoft just shove games on the Windows Store and leave them to die. Only found out via your Twitter feed that the Age of Empires remaster was released sometime ago on PC

Sunset Overdrive should do well on PC, hopefully spawning a sequel!

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
At least THQ are putting the effort in, Microsoft just shove games on the Windows Store and leave them to die. Only found out via your Twitter feed that the Age of Empires remaster was released sometime ago on PC

Sunset Overdrive should do well on PC, hopefully spawning a sequel!
yeah, they are ... although it's MS themselves publishing those games digitally ... THQ only does physical copies ... and all the marketing, apparently (which also isn't much ... just dry press releases ... but that's literally all we got for ReCore on steam and the other games)

dunno about the sequel, though ... i don't think MS care how well (or not well) it sells on PC anymore ... doubt we're getting a sequel ... at least not one funded by MS

Well no announcement/release saved me from drunk buying games. (y)
you can always drunk-buy other games ;)

Reactions: Kurt Russell

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
Not going to lie, the fact that they are updating the SteamDB package everyday a few times a day, the fact that THQ fixed their mistake and the fact that there are trophies online for the Windows Store already leaked had me hoping for a XO18 announcement, that didn't happen so I expect A LOT or a Steal release and announcement in the coming weeks via Twitter or whatever channel they use OR a VGA award announcement with a new partnership for a second game yet I don't thin this is realistic to think by how poorly the game did at first.

So yeah, sad we still don't have it, was hoping to be able to play it today and although the game is surely coming after all the facts it's still really sad that MS haven't gave the game just a minute and a half to announce it properly. such a shame.

Matimeo

MetaMember
Oct 21, 2018
One day you all will listen. No one cares. Not a priority. It will happen when it’s ready.

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
One day you all will listen. No one cares. Not a priority. It will happen when it’s ready.
You know, this was one of those few cases where I was non-rational, I was just too hyped about this with no steady base that reality came and slapped me in the face, it is not a priority but that doesn't mean our hype won't blind some of us from time to time, although I try to not get this excited by nothing shit happens. :/

Deleted member 113

That's a pretty good price.
I don't know when I'll find time to play it, but that price makes it an easy day one purchase, especially with the discounts that will surely appear online.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
told you guys it's probably going to be a dry-ass press release and a shadow drop

the MS way (when it comes to their games coming to steam)

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
Day -1 ^^

Can't wait to make another run, this time at 60+fps and 1440p

uraizen

Oct 7, 2018
$20? That's half off of what my max price point was. Just hope the price doesn't reflect the amount of effort put into the port.

Day 1.

Reactions: lashman and Lain
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
$20? That's half off of what my max price point was. Just hope the price doesn't reflect the amount of effort put into the port.

Day 1.
yeah, hope so :(

60fps is all i really need ... other than that (and the resolution, of course) it might as well look the same as on Xbone ... and i'll be happy