News Fable (by Playground Games) - annonuced for PC/XSX

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
I hope the "MMO" features of this are just expanded Fable 2/3 online functionality, while keeping the narrative strength of a single player campaign.

If we're just some random nobody in a world of thousands of other random nobodies all banding together then I'm out. That's not what Fable is about.

Reactions: lashman

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
Meh. I think Fable has had its day. Always find it a bit weird when a different studio takes over an IP. Lionhead was special and not sure another dev can capture the same spirit of the game.

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Meh. I think Fable has had its day. Always find it a bit weird when a different studio takes over an IP. Lionhead was special and not sure another dev can capture the same spirit of the game.
Yeah, that is the main reason that I'm very interested in Kynseed, it's done by ex lionhead devs and seem to go for similar things as they tried in Fable but now in form of a pixel RPG.

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
Yeah, that is the main reason that I'm very interested in Kynseed, it's done by ex lionhead devs and seem to go for similar things as they tried in Fable but now in form of a pixel RPG.
Looks nice! Love that first line in the decription - 'Plant a mystical acorn that grows into a family tree '

Finally Molydeuxs claim is fulfilled.

Dandy

Bad at Games.
Apr 17, 2019
I've always enjoyed the Fable games despite their flaws. I'm looking forward to seeing what someone else does with it.

Reactions: lashman