Opinion Falcom was the best

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
The only thing I disagree with is the use of past tense. Ys VIII (from little I played of it) still shows that Falcom can make amazing games. The only sad thing is how little the company cares about getting quality localizations or ports out in the West, as shown by shifting their contracts to NISA. Sure, NISA may pay them more short-term, but I doubt this mess of a company will be able to guarantee good sales in the West for long.

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
I doubt the PS4 version will have unlocked framerate and arbitrary resolution support. Secondly, I highly doubt they'll upscale the texture assets and/or retouch them, not to mention adding Steam-exclusive stuff like leaderboards (Does PS+ supports leaderboards?). Therefore, I consider the PC version to be the definitive version.

EDIT: Apparently, they did some work on the textures. Although I don't know if the lost details are worth it.

I wonder why the PC version looks so washed out? I didn't remember it looking like that at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: lashman

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Those textures look much nicer.
It looks like their PC screenshots have turned off the post processing stuff, so that's a bit misleading. You can have all the bloom you want on PC.

Reactions: suiko and lashman

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Far as PS4 textures go, couldn't one just use a SweetFX to make it less washed out?
Game did look fine for me when I played though :X

Reactions: lashman