|OT| Final Fantasy XIV - Shadowbringers | Patch 5.3 out now!

OP
warp_

warp_

タコベルが大好き
Apr 18, 2019
yeah i knew i had no shot at saint so i just wanted to make it on to the leaderboard. people were going hard on gathering until the very last minute last night so i'm not surprised at some big shifts.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Hmm, nearing the end of ARR, I may need to seriously consider joining a FC. Nobody here is on Phoenix except for Ascheroth right ?
Is the ERA FC here by any chance ? Just trying to join people that are not absolute strangers.

Btw, the character in the thread banner, it’s the protag if I understood correctly ? No spoil obvs

I may have to find a guide explaining this glamour system.

Last edited:
OP
warp_

warp_

タコベルが大好き
Apr 18, 2019
phoenix is eu, right? not sure what eu reset does for their fc there. i'm on na side but in the old old gaf 1.0 fc so i can't help you there.

also if you mean the purple guy in the shadowbringers image, yep that's supposed to be the protagonist. they put him in there for the cg trailers since 1.0 to sub in for your character. he changes jobs every expansion too lol

if you mean the guy in the top top banner in the hood, that's a shadowbringers story character.

as far as glamour...it's just changing your gear to look like another piece of gear. you can change individual items by right clicking them, selecting "cast glamour" and picking the item you have in your inventory you want it to look like. it costs 1 glamour prism (can be bought with company seals or made by any crafter and buyable on the market board)

the other option is storing gear in your glamour dresser in the inn room, then you can use them in many outfits (called glamour plates in ff) and only have to pay 1 glamour prism to store each item. you can hold 400 pieces of gear in the glamour dresser, which is less that it sounds like once you level a bunch of jobs!

here's a guide that should break it down pretty well...

Last edited:
  • Hug
Reactions: Li Kao

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Finished the base game MSQ. The last two dungeon where a shitshow, as expected.

I’m conflicted on what to do. After the relative highs of the plot, the MSQ and sub quests take a nose dive imho. Great, let’s move the HQ or hunt primals. There are a shit ton of dungeons too, so there is that. And that horrible mystery quest where you don’t have hints.
Feels like a lull, but at the same time I don’t want to skip things.

And my second gripe is, ffs, I don’t want to over level my paladin and with the amount of shit the game throws at me I’m surely heading there. I have to level my warrior, but he is in mid-30 and it will take ages.

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019
Finished the base game MSQ. The last two dungeon where a shitshow, as expected.

I’m conflicted on what to do. After the relative highs of the plot, the MSQ and sub quests take a nose dive imho. Great, let’s move the HQ or hunt primals. There are a shit ton of dungeons too, so there is that. And that horrible mystery quest where you don’t have hints.
Feels like a lull, but at the same time I don’t want to skip things.

And my second gripe is, ffs, I don’t want to over level my paladin and with the amount of shit the game throws at me I’m surely heading there. I have to level my warrior, but he is in mid-30 and it will take ages.
Do MSQ on your PLD and daily Duty Roulette on your WAR. MSQ quality will get worse from that point until you reach Heavensward but if you can hold until that it'll be very rewarding.

Reactions: Li Kao and warp_
OP
warp_

warp_

タコベルが大好き
Apr 18, 2019
yeah roulettes to level the other jobs is the way to go. you should also get an xp bonus on jobs that are below your highest level job so they will catch up quick enough.

OP
warp_

warp_

タコベルが大好き
Apr 18, 2019
news from tgs is that 5.35 will be in october and 5.4 in december, so now y'all know how long you got to finish yokai stuff.

some video from bozjan front, the next step in the relic quest and basically neo-eureka

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Just lvled my WAR to 50. Now with Paladin and Warrior at that level I think I will begin post-ARR.
Dragon nearly there at 48 but I'm just too much of a Tank at heart.

Will jump on the two other Tank classes as soon as I can.

Reactions: warp_

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
TFW you just chained two dungeons like butter because the game overstuff you and then confidently enter Pharos Sirius :fearful-face:

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
While I'm waiting in queue for coperbell hard, should I grind for Rowena stuff or is it completely outdated and there is better use for the red tomestones ?

Last edited:
OP
warp_

warp_

タコベルが大好き
Apr 18, 2019
the 50/60/70 gear & weapons you get with the poetics tomestones is totally worth it and can carry you though most of the next expansion's content. you're gonna be flooded with tomestones from doing roulettes and various things so go right ahead and spend them.

the nice part of them now is you can just spend them without having to go to the correct rowena vendor in various locations or buy weird things to upgrade the gear. there's just a vendor in each of the capitals to buy stuff from, the "rowena representative".

they have this icon over their head.

also lol at square making a big deal of their new announcement...that free trial players can buy stuff from the cash shop now. thrilling stuff, folks.

Last edited:

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
For the tinkerers among us (I'm not, obvs), is there a way to embellish FF14 further than the max settings ?
Do people do that ?

Oh, and seeing the clutter on screen, FF14 in ultrawide (if possible) must be a sight to behold.

Last edited:

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019
For the tinkerers among us (I'm not, obvs), is there a way to embellish FF14 further than the max settings ?
Do people do that ?

Oh, and seeing the clutter on screen, FF14 in ultrawide (if possible) must be a sight to behold.
Graphic wise, no. There are HD textures mods and Reshade but it still the same graphic setting.

Ultrawide is possible. There are a lot of ultrawide videos on Youtube if you don't mind spoiler.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
That's it, I joined a guild. Queuing for early extreme trials is unbearable otherwise. No one queues, and when you find a group, nobody bothered to read the strat ;_;